Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Please Tell Me How to Become a Professor

SallySaur

I don't know if this type of question is allowed in this section of the Gym, but I was just wondering, how do you become a Pokemon Professor?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm moving this to the Professor Forum. Since you are not a Professor yet, you could not have posted it there yourself, but I think you should get some good advice from the Professors who can post there. Be aware that you will not be able to post in the Professor Forum so if you have any questions about a reply to your question you'll have to follow up with a PM.

BDS

Basically, from what I can tell, it comes down to three things:

Know the game rules
Know the Floor Rules
Know the Compendium

Of course, you have access to these materials during the test, but it's rather difficult to go looking through them during a timed exam (which is what the Professor Test really is). You don't really need judging experience (I passed it twice without ever having judged an event), but it will help. Talking to Professors, TOs, and PTOs in your area will also help you in some of the "more subjective" questions. Good luck!

I think it especially helps to get to know other professors and ask them questions about their own experiences of being a professor and how they go about maintaining their professorship, for example I try to keep rulings and tournament operations fresh in my mind by taking part in modified tournaments (being a judge). This is one of the ways in which you learn and you also get the chance to communicate with your peers (the other prof.'s) in your region. Start out by getting to know the rules, card rulings, and tournament procedures (from the judging perspective). Take the test as best as you can and then I suggest after you pass it, you try to get more involved in tournaments as a judge. Try to let TO's and PTO's in your area that you are a new Prof and interested in helping out, make them aware of that. Odds are if they need help for major events, it might be useful to know that there is someone that could be helpful to them. Hope this helps...good luck!!

CMT

I think bullados hit the nail on the head. You definetely want to review the material that was listed. Go through the test and answer as many as you can without looking th information. Then go back and answer the ones that you have to look up. My first test I timed out because I had to look too much up. Good luck!

Back