Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Plox- The Next Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.

konopacz

For a brief history of the deck; as the arrival HGSS nears, one of the most anticipated, most game changing cards ever to reach the format: DCE ( double colorless energy). Providing two colorless energy, this card has serious potential to change the metagame, making more decks playable. I believe that plox will be one of the decks that will make a huge comeback because of the speed that DCE will bring. Without further ado; the deck list.

Pokémon

[4] Spiritomb AR
[3] Ralts PT
[2] Kirila SW
[2] Gardevoir SW
[1] Gallade SW
[1] Gardevoir Lv.X SW
[1] Baltoy SV
[1] Baltoy GE
[2] Claydol GE
[1] Azelf LA
[1] Chatot MD
[1] Duskull SF
[1] Dusknoir DP
[1] Unown G

22 Pokémon

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums

[4] Bebe's Search
[4] Roseanne's Research
[4] Rare Candy
[4] Poké drawer +
[3] Pokedex Handy910is
[2] Expert Belt
[2] Looker's investigation
[1] Warp Point
[1] Broken Time Space
[1] Moonlight Stadium

26 Trainers/Stadiums/Supporters

Energy

4 Call energy
3 Psy. Energy
3 DCE
1 Warp Energy
1 Fighting Energy

12 Energy

The key Cards

Spiritomb AR- Spiritomb. One of the most important cards of the deck. Spiritmob can destroy various decks such as Beedrill, Luxchomp, shuppet, gengar, machamp, kingdra. See? this card is wonderfull for crippling your opponent's set up, but it also helps your set up imensley. " darkness grace" allows you to get out your claydols, gardys etc.

Gardevoir SW- The heart and soul of the deck. Gardevoir has a great power, "telepass" that lets you use your opponents supporters which is AMAZING to help set up. Then it's attack is a great one. So early game you get trainer locked. Mid and late game, you get power locked by Psy. lock. 60 and power lock? yes please

Gallade- After reading the FGD article by Phazon elite, I realized how much of an sp counter this card could be. For example, against palkia lock/ Dialga/ garchomp, you ohko their palkia or diala and they are in big trouble. Idealy, you get 2-3 kos with gallade.

Dusknoir dp- This card is for disruption, and can be extremley annoying and a great tech for decks like dialga g, t tar and beedrill

Looker's investigation. Could be substituted for TGW, this is a perfect plox tech. Once you shufull their hand into their deck, you strand them because of power lock. Good shuppet counter, which is popular in my meta.

DCE- I believe this has been explained, but it lets you do your attacks for 2 energy.

Strategy

I believe it has been explained, but if not: Use spiritomb to set up and stall. Use Claydol and gardevoir for superior set up. Gallade and gardevoir are your main attackers. Expert belt and DCE for speed and damage output.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
For the Mirror, Crobat G + Lake Boundary = OHKO on opposing Gardies with Psychic lock. (adaptation from Jason Klazynski??'s Worlds 2008 Deck (Jolteon Star is gone)

Would like to point out Bat doesn't work under PsyLock. Not sure how useful that would be >_>

Anyway, drop the PokeDex and Warp energy for +1 Warp Point, +1 Psychic, +1 Palmers, +1 Lux Ball

drop lookers for wager
drop sv baltoy for GE baltoy
drop 1 RC for PT garde
drop bts for ralts

this way so you can wager there hand away and Psychic lock the game away, great encounters baltoy is so much better cuz psychic balance is very nice for bad starts,pt garde is good for switching energys around with the whole garde x's power and having more ralts will allow you to swarm another garde for late game and rly you dont need the 4 RC or bts when you have spiritomb

I would run a Gardevoir Lv. X. Teleportation and Bring Down are useful. I would also switch out the Nidoqueen line for a Dusknoir line.

After reading some of these other posts I'd have to agree.
-queen line for dusknoir
-lookers for wager
-sv baltoy for ge baltoy
-personally I like pokehealer more than drawer because it can do more than queen AND you have dusknoir :p
-I think that 4spiritomb is too much because you will get them when you don't need them. You would start with it even if you only had 3 and I think that it would make the deck much more consistant.

All in all, I think that the deck is great! The dusknoir and healer are all opinion so you can do whatever you want there.
GL!!

Take out the tomb because now that we have dce you want to get the lock out as quickly as possible. In the current format though it's good because it can set you up while they activate your uppers. Then add in a pt gardy and anotehr ralts. I'm not sure which is better, queen or noir but I'm thinking queen right now but it depends.

So
-4 tomb
1 warp
2 lookers
1 bts

+ 1 gardy Pt/lv x
1 ralts
3 wager
1 moonlight
1 dce
1 psychic

I think you should take out 1-2 spiritomb. They are helpful in the beginning of the game but in the middle- end they sort of fail and become waste of your hand, and when you have to play them they get slaughtered by stronger pokemon. I say replace 1-2 of them with 1 expert belt and maybe another stadium like speed stadium.Speed stadium will make up for not having the spiritombs.

Do not drop tomb. The only way you can get T2 Lock is to ditch Call, so you're better locking from T3. Spiritomb hurts them while you get prepared to do that

In terms of the tomb thing, it really is crucial for obvious reasons.

I can agreee with the following suggestions:

GE Baltoys
wagers
dusknoir

Spiritomb does help you get set up, but it is useless farther into the game. I don't see the need in 4 spiritomb. I have gotten along without any. But, even with 4 spiritomb, your deck looks really good.

Shucklex- what are you talking about? ( that was a sincere question)

Lucario Thanks. I might cut out a tomb

Do not drop tomb. The only way you can get T2 Lock is to ditch Call, so you're better locking from T3. Spiritomb hurts them while you get prepared to do that

T3 lock isn't good enough in PLOX
Giving your opponent that extra turn to drop a Uxie, or get out Claydol can make the difference in a game. If you go first and get a T2 lock that gives your opponent 1 turn to get set up, which is devastating.

Yeah I would play like
4 DCE
7 Psychic
1 Fighting
and maybe 1-2 Spiritomb or none.
OR something like that
Ditch the call though, a T2 lock is essential. And beef up the Claydol line and add in 1 Uxie.
I also prefer 1-0-1 Alakazam in this deck because it allows u to get a cheap KO with Gallade while maintaining ur lock and disabling their Claydol. Before, the reason Gallade was so mean was because many people used Cessation Crystal to keep the lock going even after Gardy leaves.

Let's also remember Pokemon Communicator is coming out in the next set allowing for super fast setup time.
Along with a couple other cards like PETM, which can make for a couple more Bebe's.
But I think a 4-3-3-1-1 Gardy/X/Gallade line, 3-3 Claydol line would be good in this deck along with a 1-0-1 Alakazam and 1 Uxie
Then 4 Pokemon Communicator, 4 Roseannes, 4 Bebes, 1-2 PETM, 4 Candy, 4 BTS, 2 Expert Belt, 3 Warp Point, 1 Luxury Ball, 1 Night Maintenance
Now we don't have cessation and things setup a lot faster, SO Alakazam can be really crucial.
But, T2 Psychic Lock for 80 is essential in this format. Too many decks can setup with just one uxie or claydol drop, and u can't let that happen. Gallade is used strictly for big threats like Dialga. And Gardy X is used to bring down G-less Gengars etc.

Last edited:
IMO i think 4 BTS is a way to many drop 2 and add a moonlight for free retreat plus you need call for a fast set up,dusknoir is better than alakazam and i'd add one gallade

IMO i think 4 BTS is a way to many drop 2 and add a moonlight for free retreat plus you need call for a fast set up,dusknoir is better than alakazam and i'd add one gallade

I don't think u need call with Pokemon Communicator IMHO. The deck sets up fast enough. And 4 BTS is needed for fast setup, especailly in this deck. And Alakazam lets u ditch cards and use Bring Down or Psychic Cut for those crucial KOs without allowing ur opponent to setup and run over u. BUT that's just my preference on a tech. And if u play Call and use it u will NEVER be able to get a T2 Psy-Lock. You should already have a fast setup with a beefed up Claydol line and everything.
1 Gallade should be fine, but everybody has their own preference. Without Cessation Crystal, Gallade loses some of its power cause it can't keep the lock going, so 1 should be fine. That's also the reason I like Alakazam as a tech.

Oh and I don't think Roseanne's is the best choice. There's a new one that lets u search for 3 basics. Of course this is all assuming none of those cards get cut.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back