Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Poison Potential! (Theme Deck)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broken Deckz

NO COPYING! I KNOW this is a GREAT deck this time.

20 Pokemon:

3-3-1 Magmortar lv X (MS) (SW Magmortar)
3-3-1 Drapion lv X (Platnum)
1-1 Heatran lv X (LA) :)fire: Heatran)
2-2 Claydol (GE)
1 Uxie (LA)
1 Azelf (LA)
1 Unown G

24 Trainers:

4 Level Max (Platnum)
2 Rare Candy (GE)
4 Bebe's search (SW)
3 Roseane's Research (SW)
4 Broken Time-Space (PLatnum)
2 Pokemon Rescue (Platnum)
2 Poke Radar (DP)
2 night maintenance (SW)

16 Energy

10 :fire: Energy
6 :dark: Energy

Strategy (Please Read EVERYTHING):

This deck mainly relies on the power of its special conditons. Magmortar it the decks main attacker of course, but thats not what mainly gives this deck its power. What it really is, is Magmortar's and Draipion's Poke Powers. Magmortar's of course inflicts burn, allowing to on tails put 3 damage counters instead of 2. but thats not all, remember that article from www.gopokemon.com by any chance? it talks about weezings pokebody... it allows you to put an extra 10 on a poisioned pokemon for each weezing in play. Easily avoided by unown G. Luckily, Draipion X is soon to come out! Meaning w/ its pokepower you
can now poisoin a pokemon Without being held back from the G! Not only that, but it also does poision damage of 30! when increased by a couple of weezing thats a potentail of 50 damade in between turns without even flipping! Not to mention magmortar's burn! if heads, thats a total of 80, no not 50, 80! Altough im not sure that weezing is worth the bench space. tell me what u think. Heatran can also keep the burn going w/ its pokepower! And best of all, this all hapens without even attacking! then, right when your opponents thought he or she could even survive, thats when you start using Flame Bluster every other turn. Which is doing 100 damage to the pokemon of your chioce! Now thats a quick win!

Does anyone know if i should swap the heatran line and put in another 1-1 Weazing? Explain.

Last edited:
Really, theres a perfect amount of room for claydol. - 1 magmar -1 skoropi[or whatev its name is] - 2 Heatran - 2 pokemon rescue + 2-2 Claydol + 1 Uxie + 1 Azelf - 2 candy + 2 radar.

I thought of the basic idea for this deck too, it seems like a really fun deck to play. Good call on using the level max's (and 4 of them), I was wondering how to get around the rather large retreat costs of every poke in this deck, this deck needs Heatran and Drapion on the bench, not up front after they level. Level max's are flippy though, hope it works. If it doesn't, your deck is going to have a hard time, I think.

Other options seem like they might be... Magnezone, but that takes 2 lines, one to put metal energy on a poke, and then another magnezone to give it free retreat; too bulky. Palkia lv. x comes to mind, but your opponent chooses which one of your benched pokes gets to come forward, I'm not sure that's helpful. Seems like the answer might be just to be add a few old fashioned switches and warp points, for backup when your level max's don't work. I think this deck needs them to be successful.

your deck is way too divided between two status effects. you should choose one or the other and focus on it. if you try to multi task too much in a deck it over crowds a deck and ruins consistency. Choose either poison or burn and go with it.

The main reason for having the burn is mainly because i want magmortar in there. I want the magmortar in there because of its great attacks. i have the poison in there beause you can do more with it than the burn... Well just have to disagree on that one. Wow... :lol: I mispelled poison a couple of times in this thread... Go me.

Take out the 2-2 Weezing for 2 Night Maintenance, a Luxury Ball, and another Bebe's. You're already doing 30 with poison, 30 with burn, and however much damage you do with Magmortar. The Weezings just waste bench space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back