Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pokémon 4Ever any good?

Dunjohn

This movie never got any cinema releases over here, and has just come out on video and DVD in time for Christmas. Even though I'm long since past having seen any episodes, I was thinking about getting it for a laugh. I have the other three on video from when I was a bigger fan of Pokemon as a whole - now it's just the cards, and very casually at that - but I'm missing a Pokemon entry from my DVD shelf.

Ultimitely, how does this compare to the other three? I don't mind any continuity or plotline issues I might have missed; just something to slap on while building decks or reading or something.

Cheers!

It isnt the best or worst movie of the bunch. I rather liked it, but that is just me. The graphics are way improved over the other 3 though....

There isnt much as far as missing out on tv show storyline. Ash and gang caught some new Pokemon and or evolved them is about the only thing the TV show woulda had you mighta missed. It works like the other movies, a stand alone, that doesnt seem to have any direct application to the show...

IMHO, this is the best of the bunch, as it has been the least 'altered' from the Japanese original. There were actually scenes ADDED to this for the US release, I guess for the sake of clarity...though I'd guess the Japanese audience had no problems with the original film as it stood; I have it, and was able to figure it out...

The animation is much better, and the Japanese original soundtrack is excellent, except for the horrid "Celebi-R-A-T-E" song 4Kids added for the closing credits. The film reiterates the point (first made in the Lugia movie) that some things are sacred, and just not to be touched/captured. And the Pikachu short (which was NOT shown in the theaters) is hilarous!

'mom

Last edited:
Honestly, I'd have to say this one falls in the middle, as the music was very good (especially that remake of "Born to be a Winner," arguably the best of all Pokemon music), but the main characters are mainly there for the ride. However, I haven't really watched it that many times. So, take it as you will.

I did enjoy the bit about Sammy, right at the end, where it shows what happened to him after he travelled back through time to go home.

I liked it. Good graphics and a pretty good story line to go with it. It does get kind of sad in some parts though, but other than that I found it good. The 2nd movie is still best IMO though =p

Thanks, guys. I guess I'll probably get it. Yes, Pokemon 2000: El Poder de Uno (I got my copy on holiday in Spain because it had a different promo... wish I spoke the language :() was one of the better ones; those fights were terrific. Although, the Charizard vs Entei and Misty vs Molly (underwater) from #3 were also very spiffy.

Cheers again for the input. I've just been out of the loop for so long (I see a thread about a seventh film... 7!!!)

The mini movie which involves a lawn mower is hilarious! I went to a Debate Tournament 2 Saturdays ago and my debate team was laughing so hard that some of them could not even breathe - especially when the lawn mower pulls out the saws and stuff and how it never dies.

I really did not enjoy the middle of the move that much. IMO, the movie was too empty. The only good scenes I like our the 3-d Suicuine scene, Celebi dying, the whole Oak/Sammy thing, the beginning battle with the awesome music, and the Celebi chase scene.

My favorite movie is still Pokemon 2000. It may have some competetion in my head when the Deoxys movie comes out, though.

Back