Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pokémon Organized Play Tournament Rules - Revised 01 September 10

PokeDaddy

Here they are folks!

General changes:

Changes for September 1, 2010
  • General updating of terms and dates.
  • Removed any references to allowable foreign cards in decks.
  • Section 2.3. Updated PLAYER ID requirements for new players.
  • Section 4. Updated how decklists should be handled after the event.
  • Section 5.1 Added VG-related player responsibilities.
  • Section 5.2 Clarified ways spectators may create penalties for players they are with.
  • Section 7. Notes may now be private.
  • Section 14. Updated age divisions for the 2010–2011 tournament season.
  • Section 15. Updated wording.
  • Section 15.4 Updated references allowed for use of reprinted cards from older sets.
  • Section 17.1. Added rules for reference cards and Pokémon LEGENDs.
  • Section 17.5.1. Added rules for currency and precision etched die as randomizers.
  • Section 21.3. Updated match time limits.
  • Section 22. Updated match resolution using 30+3 format.

for whatever reason I cant open it on my computer, can someone tell me what the change is for the randomizers? im very curious about that.

for whatever reason I cant open it on my computer, can someone tell me what the change is for the randomizers? im very curious about that.

You remember those really nice States dice from last year? Or how about the Pokegym dice given out at Nationals? They now made it so that dice like those are expressly legal as long as they fit all of the other requirements for legal dice randomizers are met (D6, clear, rounded edges)

Here they are folks!

General changes:

Changes for September 1, 2010
  • General updating of terms and dates.
  • Removed any references to allowable foreign cards in decks.
  • Section 2.3. Updated PLAYER ID requirements for new players.
  • Section 4. Updated how decklists should be handled after the event.
  • Section 5.1 Added VG-related player responsibilities.
  • Section 5.2 Clarified ways spectators may create penalties for players they are with.
  • Section 7. Notes may now be private.
  • Section 14. Updated age divisions for the 2010–2011 tournament season.
  • Section 15. Updated wording.
  • Section 15.4 Updated references allowed for use of reprinted cards from older sets.
  • Section 17.1. Added rules for reference cards and Pokémon LEGENDs.
  • Section 17.5.1. Added rules for currency and precision etched die as randomizers.
  • Section 21.3. Updated match time limits.
  • Section 22. Updated match resolution using 30+3 format.

SO biggest changes in a nutshell:

-No non-english cards in the US, period.
-You do not have to share what you write with your opponent but everything else still seems to stand, so it doesn't look like they changed what you can write down, just changed that you don't have to show your opponent.
-Any coin agreed by both players can be used, and etched dice can be used as long as the etching is 1 or 6 and clear and with round corners,
-Matches are now 30 minutes with 3 turn end game for matches that go to time.

wish that last one was in last states, lol.

SO biggest changes in a nutshell:

-No non-english cards in the US, period.
-You do not have to share what you write with your opponent but everything else still seems to stand, so it doesn't look like they changed what you can write down, just changed that you don't have to show your opponent.
-Any coin agreed by both players can be used, and etched dice can be used as long as the etching is 1 or 6 and clear and with round corners,
-Matches are now 30 minutes with 3 turn end game for matches that go to time.

wish that last one was in last states, lol.
Any notes can be taken, apparently.

http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?p=1809903#post1809903

That contradicts itself. If you can write down _anything_ and it's all private from the opponent, why is Azelf and writing down the Prizes any different from that?

dmaster out.

@Bullados: So wait, I'm confused. You said we could use states dice now, but they're not clear. Are they an exception? Or are they still unusable?

@Bullados: So wait, I'm confused. You said we could use states dice now, but they're not clear. Are they an exception? Or are they still unusable?

Some are, some aren't. As long as they fit the rest of the requirements to be legal dice (translucent, D6, rounded edge), they're good.

Back