Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pokémon Park + Auxiliary Light

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkates

If Team Aqua's Lanturn, while Benched, uses its Poké-Power, Auxiliary Light, to attach an Energy to itself, and Pokémon Park is in play, does Pokémon Park activate to remove a damage counter from Team Aqua's Lanturn? Also, which would activate first -- Auxiliary Light's text that puts two damage counters on Team Aqua's Lanturn, or Pokémon Park's text that removes a damage counter from it?

In general, how would other Powers that can attach Energy from the hand to a Benched Pokémon, such as AQ Bellossom's Flower Supplement, interact with Pokémon Park?

Last edited:
A similar situation exists when attaching Rainbow Energy in conjunction with Pokemon Park. Previous precedents are stated below and can be extrapolated towards the situation with TA's Lanturn:
== POKÉMON PARK (Aquapolis Expansion)
Q. Pokemon Park is in play ("play an energy card to remove a damage counter from that Pokemon"). A Rainbow Energy is played on that Pokemon. Is one damage counter added then removed, or vice-versa, or no damage counters added/removed?
A. It comes down to who controls what. The player who is going, decides the order of effects that he or she controls, and then the effects of the opponent's cards happens. So if you controlled Pokemon Park and was attaching the Rainbow Energy, you would choose which effect happens first (adding the damage counter or removing it). (Feb 20, 2003 WotC Chat, Q51)

Q. Opponent has both Dark Ampharos with Conductivity and Pokemon Park in play; when I attach an energy to my Pokemon which effect comes first? Does the opponent get to choose? And if I only have 10hp left, would Conductivity KO it before Park could heal it?
A. Same answer as was done with Chaos Gym and Slowking. The player whose turn it is has their effects (the ones they own) go off first, then the opponent's effects. If you control both, you choose the order. If your opponent controls both, he or she chooses the order. (Mar 6, 2003 WotC Chat, Q356)

So in short, if you own both the Park and the TA's Lanturn, then you get to choose the order. But if your opponent owns the Park, then you must place the damage first before using the effect of their Trainer.

Hope this helps,
- CHRISBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back