Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pokémon Ranger - New scans from Famitsu

Archaic

I'm having trouble getting this up on our archives for some reason, so I'll post them here for now, and I'll fix up a BulbaNews article on them later, with more complete translations.

Page 1
Page 2

Translation will take a while, but one thing that catches my eye is "Class up". It seems that completing missions will gain you (as a trainer) levels, allowing you to control a wider variety of Pokémon.

There's mention of ranger leaders for at least 2 towns here, so the missions are likely to be more like quests in an RPG game, rather than levels in a strategy game.

Great scans, thanks!

Looks like that baton-like object uses the touch screen to train pokemon somehow(scan 2)

...you're somewhat behind the times, aren't you? That's the capture wand. You don't actually "capture" (or "GET", as it would be called in Japan) a Pokémon with it, you simply control ("CAPTURE" in Japan) the Pokémon for a short while, borrowing it's powers and abilities.

For the record, the fully detailed BulbaNews story is here

i think i will stick withthe regualr Daimond/PEral games once they come out and forget this one, unless there is a bonus thing that comes with it, ill probably forego it. but thanks for the news about it.

We dont't know if she'll be named Hinata. The character in the anime with the similar character design had that name, but there's no guarentees there.

Agreed that it looks like a very detailed game though.

Back