Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pokémon TCG: Black & White—Plasma Freeze expansion revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

immewnity

Front Page News Editor
Staff member
A World Freezing Over… A Chilling Plan Close to Completion… Team Plasma’s frosty assault on Unova continues in the Pokémon TCG: Black & White—Plasma Freeze expansion, and Trainers everywhere must show an icy resolve if they are to halt the relentless deep freeze! The struggle will be bitter as Team Plasma releases a blizzard of Team Plasma Pokémon, including Deoxys-EX, Thundurus-EX, and all of Eevee’s evolutions, backed by Team Plasma Energy, Item, and Supporter cards. But, with the Legendary Eon Pokémon Latios and Latias standing by your side and a host of Pokémon-EX ready to do battle, your opponents will find that now is the winter of their discontent!

Releasing May 8th.

Source: Card Team

I wonder if they'll make this set large to catch up with japan, or not do so, and keep us out of sync...

I got all excited thinking that the presence of the Eeveelutions meant that they were putting in the Eevee Collection prints, but I forgot that the Eevee line was featured in Spiral Force/Thunder Knuckle too. >_<

I'm thinking that they basically HAVE to make another large set for Plasma Freeze. SF/TK alone is 114 new cards and that doesn't include ancillary materials like BW-P promos, half decks, etc. I'd guess they're going to shove everything SF/TK-related into Plasma Freeze, and then do Megalo Cannon + leftovers for the August set before we get XY.

Well, that escalated quickly...

Also, no mention of set size. I'm hoping for a smaller one, honestly. These 130+ card sets are difficult (at best) to Master Complete...

Well, that escalated quickly...

Also, no mention of set size. I'm hoping for a smaller one, honestly. These 130+ card sets are difficult (at best) to Master Complete...

Unless Japan goes with very small sets for the next few months, or one of the two markets changes their release schedule temporarily, I'm guessing this one will be huge.

What I'm hoping for

All 6 FA EX
All 6 N/FA EX
All 6 shiny
All 2 Ace Spec
All 2 Trainer FA
Both Team Plasma Gift Set FA
And probably not but the Shiny Collection EX/FA

Since Megalo Cannon is a single set, it wouldn't be out of the question that they could save some of TK/SF's chase cards to boost up the numbers of the August set. The shinies in particular because otherwise we'd go from a set with six shinies to a set with three.

Megalo Cannon's 4 EXes could be completed with Kyurem EX from Blastoise/Kyurem EX deck and Meloetta EX from Shiny Collection, so they don't have to hold on the ultrarare cards.

Oh the other side, they have both Exciting Battle Decks (40 cards including 2 new trainers omgwtfbbq) and Plasma Gift Set to fit with Spiral Force/Thunder Knuckle (or Megalo Cannon). Expect a Boundaries Crossed bis.

Has there been any indication that the Keldeo-EX in that deck is different from the one we already have?

I would also guess that they would keep all of the Shiny Collection cards together, whether shoving all of them into an English expansion or bravely trying the Dragon Vault approach again. Probably the former though.

Since Exciting Battle is 40 cards, and Megalo Cannon will be around 80... I predict they'll combine those two for the August set rather than make Plasma Freeze even more packed.

Has there been any indication that the Keldeo-EX in that deck is different from the one we already have?

I would also guess that they would keep all of the Shiny Collection cards together, whether shoving all of them into an English expansion or bravely trying the Dragon Vault approach again. Probably the former though.

Since Exciting Battle is 40 cards, and Megalo Cannon will be around 80... I predict they'll combine those two for the August set rather than make Plasma Freeze even more packed.

*Kyurem-EX

I'm honestly hoping they tear that Shiny Collection apart. 10 of the 25 cards are reprints. Many are broken families that could be repaired in various ways, and some of the cards go together with other things (The lone Serperior promo could be perfect to put together with the 1-1-1 line in Shiny collection, and put into Plasma Freeze, for example)

I think it is a stretch to say Japan won't be releasing anything in between March and October. Another set puts them at BW10, which is a perfect ending place IMO. They'd probably end with a bang too, giving a double set like they've been doing (there haven't been two single sets in a row). A lot of the Legendaries and other Pokémon in Everyone's Exciting Battle are designed to go with Spiral Force/Thunder Knuckle and before. Honestly, I think we can see a lot of Spiral Force/Thunder Knuckle withheld for another set, while a lot of these extra things getting put in now, (since the Team Plasma Battle Gift Set also goes with SPTK) . Both this set and the next set will most likely need to be huge, if their intent is to finish BW before X&Y.

So assuming the English equivalent of this pack ( Plasma Freeze) has all of the original EX's;
Deoxys; Thundurus, Tornadus, Latios, Latias, Heatran
4 of which are really playable, and the bolded which will probably be $30+.

All 4 Shiny Pokemon
Garchomp, Garbodor, Empoleon, Sigliyph, both Shiny Trainers Ultra Ball, and Max Potion[/B
] all of which are playable, and the bolded which will probably be $20+; both Full Art Supporters which will probably be $25-$30, and all 15 of the original Ace Specs and holos 7 of which are playable, would it be worth getting a case of Plasma Freeze for $529? I have about $300 saved up; and was originally planning to get a case of the upcoming Yugioh set for about $650; but after factoring that I was able to move my Plasma Storm stuff more easily then the stuff from my Yugioh boxes, I think this is a better idea. Am I on the right track about this?

Last edited:
We had the EX pun, now we have plasma this, plasma that. What's next, Plasma beam? Plasma Gun? Plasma Rifle? Plasma Cannon? Plasma Bolt? Plasma Whip? Plasma Chain Mail? Plasma any weapon that runs on energy cells?

I don't really like the name, because it doesn't really tie into the whole Spiral Force and Thunder Knuckle thing. Then again, a lot of the International TCG names don't really tie into the Japanese name. But Freeze? C'mon now.

That would be very nice.

I feel I should point out though that it's only the announcement that seems early. The set release date (May) is the same as it always is.

To everyone saying this is early, look back at Noble Victories. That was before Emerging Powers started pre-releases.

We had the EX pun, now we have plasma this, plasma that. What's next, Plasma beam? Plasma Gun? Plasma Rifle? Plasma Cannon? Plasma Bolt? Plasma Whip? Plasma Chain Mail? Plasma any weapon that runs on energy cells?

I don't really like the name, because it doesn't really tie into the whole Spiral Force and Thunder Knuckle thing. Then again, a lot of the International TCG names don't really tie into the Japanese name. But Freeze? C'mon now.

Well with Megalo Cannon next in Japan, we probably will see Plasma Cannon.

They've ALWAYS announced the next set only a couple of weeks after the release of the last one. It's nothing new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back