Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pokémon Trading Figure game

Archaic

Wasn't sure where I should put this, but anyway...

BulbaNews article

If anyone's interested, I snagged world first photos of some of these models at the Supanova Pop Culture expo over the weekend. To my knowledge, this was the first time that the models were actually shown in public. The official website was updated in only the past few hours with some of this information, so I suppose it's not quite a world exclusive anymore, but there's still plenty of information there for you all.

To be honest...I'd have to agree with that assessment. While I wasn't able to see the game rules, for obvious reasons, the spinning mechanic seems to take a lot of the strategy out of it.

I wouldn’t get the game for the game play personally; I would get it for collecting those figures. I mean, look at them! They are some of the most interesting Pokémon figurines I’ve seen in a long time.

It will be natural for me to at least want to try the game at least once to see how the game is played and what it is like. Even if the game does end up being fun to play, I think I would have the most fun in collecting all those figures.

That’s how I am with the Trading Card Game.

I wish I'd put something next to the models when I was taking those photos for a size comparizon. For the record, the smallest is about the height of a TCG card, including the base, IIRC.

I don't think the game will take off unfortunately but I think people might just buy the figures because they look cool looking and well painted. Fingers crossed, there a Mew or Celebi figure in the set.

well i was scared to come here and i was right.this new game as you can call it is like what they said >.<,it probaly wont be here very ;long when it does come out

does anyone have an official release date(mabey they will do a pre release,or pre game packs like the ones before base set one)

i think the game looks very fun, and love the figures,

but with that attitude of course the game is not going to last....

i know i'll support it, hopefully we get all the pokemon, wish they were relatively up to scale though. seeing treecko the same size as feraligatr is weird, but its understandable.

well,it might be fun, but i dont know. i thought it was gonna be a mage knight thing,but it isn't and it seems kinda ***......

While the unexpected goal of the game may not be what people would expect, it should still be good nonetheless.
I know that I for one am going to collect the figures-some of them look quite amazing.

Back