Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

PokeGym Roundtable 2 - Netdecking Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulbasnore

Administrator
Staff member
Trader Feedback Mod
How great would it be to get some of the inside info, news and views from our members in an audio format? Well, here it comes again...

Pokegym Roundtable Podcast

Episode 1: "Netdecking

I'd like to thank our cast for Episode 1 -- Gym Leader Blaine, Rocketman and Master Trainer Jimmer.

Want to check it out? To tune in you need some podcast client software!

You can get the Windows or Mac version of iTunes as a free download and get all the bells and whistles of images and links that play along with the podcast.

If you have your own favorite audio player and just need the Podcast downloader, try out another Mac or Windows free download - Juice.

To access the podcast AFTER you have iTunes installed, click this link:If you're not using iTunes, or want to do things manually :wink:, then paste this URL into your podcast client:If you don't use a podcast client, or have a limited bandwidth computer, try the plain MP3 version of the podcast at:Stay tuned, as we have some hot topics coming up for the weeks ahead:
  • NetDecking
  • International
  • What does a PTO do? What should a PTO do?
  • New rules and new Organized Play
And we're "chasing some special guests", too!

So, tune in, give us your comments and psych up for future episodes!

October 7, 2006: Update!

We caught up with part of our player cast for more perspective on the subject of NetDecking, plus some good advice on getting ready to play in a tourney _and_ some previews of upcoming events on the Gym!

To access the podcast AFTER you have iTunes installed, click this link:If you're not using iTunes, or want to do things manually :wink:, then paste this URL into your podcast client:If you don't use a podcast client, or have a limited bandwidth computer, try the plain MP3 version of the podcast at:http://pokegym.net/podcast/pokegymroundtable002.mp3

Last edited:
This Is Freaking Awsome!

Also, Just Thought I Would Point This Out, That On The MP3 you got 5 Minutes and 41 seconds of dead time....

and umm...TYMON WE LOVE YOU!!!!

~Professor ultimatedra~

ultimatedra said:
On The MP3 you got 5 Minutes and 41 seconds of dead time....

YIKES!

After I converted it from the mp4/m4a, I just checked the link to make sure it downloaded, but didn't listen to it. I'll try to edit it tonite.

Is it at the beginning, middle or end?

Why do I have the feeling that bulbasnore was playing with a balloon? (19-20 minutes within the podcast) :lol:

I thought this podcast was good. I would have liked to hear about more experiences people had with the subject, and maybe less of some other stuff. I think if it were longer, it would provide more time to cover everything that needs to be covered.

Prime said:
I would have liked to hear about more experiences people had with the subject

We were short two cast members at the last minute due to being one being called in to work and, um, a late night for the other. They were players who were set to talk about their feelings on the subject. Is this what you feel was missing?

Athras_Zero: I told the cast during set up that I had a frog in my throat... by the end of the recording it had apparently started croaking along with me.

Ultimatedra: Both formats have the 5 minute blank space at the end. I think this was due to editing the music down to 'eight bars' worth. I'll be on the lookout for it next time.

Note: Not counting me and my tests, 8 hours after posting up Episode 1, there were 26 full downloads and 10 mp3 downloads. Also filtering me out, to date the inaugural episode has 55 full downloads and 36 mp3 downloads.
:clap:

I love the podcasts that you put out bulbasnore. I understand what happened at the end, and that's a shame. Hopefully next time, all the people can stay on for the whole time. I'm sure the next one will be even better!

Keep 'em Coming!

That was really good actually. I would love to hear you include some of the top flight players in the conversation.

The Gorn said:
That was really good actually. I would love to hear you include some of the top flight players in the conversation.

Thanks. Our players couldn't make it this week at the last minute.

yoshi1001: Thanks for the tip. I think we can dial it in with the gain in the editor.

pat460: The MP3 link works for me (if you're talking about the one in post #1). I see it being downloaded in the logs. Can you try again?

It seemed quiet and the dead time was a little annoying but it was still brilliant. I'm still impressed you were able to get a PUI feel on the subject as well with Jimmer. Really looking forward to the Intl one now. :biggrin:

~Cole

Well I had some time to listen to the whole thing this morning and I will give my thoughts:

- As mentioned the sound is pretty low, I had to turn my volume almost all the way up to hear everything
- Pretty good discussion and flow, rarely a dead moment
- I'd like to see more players discussing these things, especially a topic such as netdecking

To be completely honest, I'm not even sure what I would need to participate in a podcast, but if you ever want me involved, I can probably figure something out. Good job guys.

Wow I managed to get it on my sons MP3 player, listening now.

----

I am not so into all those new things, but how can you manage to discuss this way? By Phone?

Last edited:
Hmmm opinion. Not bad, but still needs work.

the first thing i noticed that it the sound was awfully low. Then for almost half the podcast, the discussion is very mono-toned making it hard to pay attention to the discussion. I didn't hear a laugh until they went slightly off topic with the professor tournaments and booster drafts. Other than that the subject matter was alright but i guess its hard to get excited about that topic.

Some solutions to the problem would be to get a subject where everyone is having a good time in thier discussion. If they are having fun then the listener will pay more attention to the conversation. Another thing would to get different perspectives other than just the judges perspective.

Just some suggestions and with a bit of criticism

Are there going to be 2-3 persons who are always involved in each podcast with additional members added depending on the subject?

Scizor said:
- I'd like to see more players discussing these things, especially a topic such as netdecking

Actually, we'd never take such a topic on without having some relevant players in the cast. Unfortunately, that morning, they discovered they couldn't make it. Thanks for the constructive points, btw.

The equipment required to participate is a wired phone line (preferred) or clear signal cell phone (with a $3 'handsfree earbud/microphone' if possible). Skype accounts work, if you have solid broadband bandwidth. Cordless phones need not a ply..x crackle apply crackle.

Rainbowgym: We're making this up as we go along! I don't think we plan to have a regular cast. Cast limit (enforced by our current technology) is 5.

SHPanda, et al: WHAT?! YOU CANT HEAR US, OK WE'LL TURN IT UP :wink: Seriously, it booms when I play it, but well punch up the gain during post-production.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back