Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pokegym Roundtable 6 - Cities Metagame and Power Keepers

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulbasnore

Administrator
Staff member
Trader Feedback Mod
With City Championships complete in the U.S. and Power Keepers coming up next week, there is a lot to talk about in the TCG community. Rulemaster, Muk Man and bangirast give their view on these topics on:

Pokegym Roundtable Podcast

Episode 6: "Post-City Championships Analysis II"

I'd like to thank our cast for sharing their thoughts! Special recognition to Flaming_Spinach and Rainbowgym for collecting and compiling the data from the members on City Championships results.

Want to get the podcast? To tune in you need some podcast client software!

You can get the Windows or Mac version of iTunes as a free download and get all the bells and whistles of images and links that play along with the podcast.

If you have your own favorite audio player and just need the Podcast downloader, try out another Mac or Windows free download - Juice.

To access the podcast AFTER you have iTunes installed, click this NEW link:The enhanced version of the Podcast that plays in Podcast clients has episode art and links integrated.

Use the link above as, we won't be updating new episodes in the old link, so use this one. You don't need to unsubscribe from the old podcast unless you want all the episodes under one heading.

If you want to do things manually :wink:, then paste this URL into your podcast client:If you don't use a podcast client, can't play mp4 or want a file only 80% the sizes of the normal one, try the plain MP3 version of the podcast at:

Tune in, give us your comments and psych up for more future episodes!

Hi folks. Had to delete & rebuild the thread ... due to my ignorance of the technical consequences of an edit to the first post.

[details - when editing in the mp3 link, I did not re-fill-out the complete podcast form at the bottom of the post, this resulted in deletion of the podcast 'enclosure' parameter. After filling that back out, the 'cache' did not recognize the update and we couldn't get the 'enclosure' transmitted for a while. I found a troubleshooting page that showed how to reset the cache and we're back in business].

The podcast version should be working now.

Some posts in the previous thread involved personality - aspects of one person. That's not what the podcast is about. Your comments are appreciated on the podcast & its topics - let's talk about that, please. My thanks once again to the entire cast for an informative show!

Strange, I still can't get to the podcast dl. I listened to the MP3. Pretty good. I think it'd be a little bit nicer if the panel members were allowed to just have their discussions. There were a couple of times where I felt Snore sorta broke up the discussion by asking a question that wasn't really relavent to the discussion at hand. Idk. That might get fixed as Snore gets more used to hosting these things. It's just an observation on my part.

Downloaded the podcast. Pretty nice. Good job everyone (especially fellow-NC-player James).

just finished listening to it
woulda been a bit better if their werent so many UMMMS AND UHHHH and you get the idea lol
anywayz gj

Really good discussion this time, Best yet.
I also prefer this artwork, much more than the only Pokegym Symbol.

"Ums" and "Ahs" are common problems when doing projects of this type. Thankfully, you're only working with audio, so they're fairly easy to edit out. Just practice at it and you'll get the hang of it.

All around, nice job by everyone. However, I thought some things about MetaDrag weren't covered.

First of all, the thing that makes the deck so good is its unrivaled consistency. Never in the history of this game has there been a more consistent Stage 2 deck. With 4 Holon's Castform, 4 Beldum d (which can retreat for free, allowing you to still Delta Draw T1), and Latios ex d/Latias d (again with the free retreat), you have 10 great starting Pokemon. In addition, the deck should run 4 Holon Transceiver and 4 Holon Mentor to get the optimal T1 Delta Draw. As if that wasn't enough, Metagross' Power is similar to Jirachi (DX), which gives the deck another added component for consistency.

What makes MetaDrag so formidable is the damage it can pile and the speed that it does so. Much like LBS last format, if this deck gets a great start, it's tough to take down. One of the strengths Muk Man mentioned was the ability to tech for certain matchups, and he was dead on. Thanks to Holon's Castform, MetaDrag can tech nearly any Pokemon in the game. Commonly seen cards that can sway matchups are Latios*, Lugia ex, and the list goes on.

well kyle, thanks for the constructive criticism. i guess i figured that most people knew about the basics of metadrag, and when i was asked WHY it did so well at cities, i responded the way i did, covering why latios/latios techs were good for the banette matchup, why pokemon like latios* and lugia were good for larger ex's, and that sort of thing. if asked to assume that my audience is completely oblivious to anything about how the deck functions, than yes, i probably would have ran it down card-by-card like you just did. thanks though, i'll be more aware of how to go about explaining a deck for next time. i think kyle is gonna finally break down and come on the Roundtable ;D

Last edited:
Thanks for the shout James! Team R though, no 'ocket'.

I dig this podcast.

Enno: Have you never played vs a good stantler deck? I know quite a few on lafonte have been testing it. It's actually an extremely powerful deck. It has solid matchups across the board.

With raichu the only bad match is delta, and with banette you have no bad matchups across the board. Not to mention the deck will only get even better in the following sets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back