Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

PokeGym Roundtable 7 - Collectors View of Power Keepers

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulbasnore

Administrator
Staff member
Trader Feedback Mod
PokePop hosts Price Guide Reporter TheDarkTwins and Trading Forum Moderator BJJ763 for:

Pokegym Roundtable Podcast

Episode 7: "Collectors View of Power Keepers"

Thanks to PokePop and tonites cast for bringing their views!

Show notes: Want to get the podcast? To tune in you need some podcast client software!

You can get the Windows or Mac version of iTunes as a free download and get all the bells and whistles of images and links that play along with the podcast.

If you have your own favorite audio player and just need the Podcast downloader, try out another Mac or Windows free download - Juice.

To access the podcast AFTER you have iTunes installed, click this NEW link:The enhanced version of the Podcast that plays in Podcast clients has episode art and links integrated.

Use the link above as, we won't be updating new episodes in the old link, so use this one. You don't need to unsubscribe from the old podcast unless you want all the episodes under one heading.

If you want to do things manually :wink:, then paste this URL into your podcast client:If you don't use a podcast client, can't play mp4 or want a file only 80% the sizes of the normal one, try the plain MP3 version of the podcast at:

Be sure to check out our complete set of scans in the Gallery or the Researching Tower.

Wow, there was definitely some audio problems with this one. For me, the whole conversation was happening on right speaker, and all the background noise was happening on the left speaker. I looked in my audio preferences, and nothing was wrong. That made all the background noises actually stand out more and the voices of the people stand out less and were harder to hear.

There's no real phrase to describe it, so I'll just say the opposite of "few and far between."
These are getting funner and more enjoyable every podcast.
(I remember reading somewhere where there's a sign-up, but I can't find it anymore.)

I do everything while listening.
Everything fromd eckbuilding to cleaning up to homework.
Something about bulby's voice...

Last edited:
Audio Glitch Analysis

Wow, there was definitely some audio problems with this one.

Whwew, yup!

Left side:
  • Buzzing - my cell phone RF was causing interference against the microphone circuits.
  • Clicking - no effective way to mute my side with our setup; covering the mic caused that.
  • Having a left side - not appropriate in this situation, but a natural artifact of the recording setup.
This should all be fixable in the next recording with post-processing and taking my cell to the other side of the room.

Right side:
  • Family members. We call real Gym members. I don't think we'll get around background noise unless we go to a fixed cast and screen them on the basis of being able to 'get into quiet'. Not sure the benefits of quiet outweigh the benefits of a diverse cast.
  • Echo when the host was speaking. We are at the mercy of the dynamics of the handset used by our cast members. Not too much can be done about this other than adjustments to controls on the handset or changing equipment (which can cost money).
We aim to have the levels of each speaker relatively close. So far, I think we've been fairly successful. This is my pet peeve with other roundtables -- one speaker booms and some others are literally not audible without cranking the volume when they speak. I'm hoping most people are like me and have been able to find a single volume level for listening to the PokeGym RT all the way through. The rest of the buzzes, clicks and pans we can work on.

Is there anyway for you to mute the other speakers while you are speaking or while another person is speaking? Sure, it wouldn't lead to very much fluid conversations but it might reduce the background noises a bit.

if you want i can edit the podcast at my station thats what i do all day long anyway, so it wouldn't be a problem i can amplify(upper and lower) voices remove back ground noises adjust channels ect... i will email you an example i can also remove those pops and booms

Personally I thought this was the worst of them all. Alot of stuff kept on being repeated (I was about to slam my Zune into the wall if I heard 'Charizard' one more time) and barely any (if at all) game aspects were discussed. Also I could only hear the audio through my right ear, as mentioned already above me, and that really annoyed me too. Hopefully 8 comes back to people talking about decks and such.

Personally I thought this was the worst of them all. Alot of stuff kept on being repeated (I was about to slam my Zune into the wall if I heard 'Charizard' one more time) and barely any (if at all) game aspects were discussed. Also I could only hear the audio through my right ear, as mentioned already above me, and that really annoyed me too. Hopefully 8 comes back to people talking about decks and such.

Playablity and Combos are supposely gonna be next week for the podcast, I beleive that this was the collectibility of the set and not much more,
Drew

when edited the podcast is ... only 20:58

Excellent! See my PM for transmission instructions.

I believe that this was the collectability of the set and not much more

You are correct, sir!

I was about to slam my Zune into the wall if I heard 'Charizard' one more time

A Zune? ORLY?!
Well, then, I say "Charizard" x 6.023 x 10[sup]23[/sup] times!!! Is your Zune atomized yet? :tongue:

But seriously, I'm curious about Zune. Can you subscribe to a podcast with the Zune, or just listen to the MP3? Does it show the art/icons as the podcast progresses? Its a pretty interesting platform.

Is there anyway for you to mute the other speakers while you are speaking or while another person is speaking?

Good thought. If we made everyone get a computer microphone and particular IM software we could do it, but we tried that requirement and it was a real show stopper for most people. The tech support would be heinous. Again, we don't want to limit the cast to those with the required equipment. Maybe 2008 a lot of people will have a setup where we can do that.

I just put the mp3 on the Zune, I suppose I could download the podcast via itunes and then transfer it...but that seems like alot more work and I hate itunes, I was also using a different computer where I don't have itunes installed on.

Oh, I thought you might have some kind of control over the channels while you were recording it. I guess not. (I have no idea what software/hardware you use).

As far as the echo goes, the speakers and the mic are too close on other people's computers, so it picks up your voice as well? Hmm...instead of speakers for other members to hear each other, could they plug in headphones and listen through there? If I understand that problem correctly, I don't see why that couldn't work(unless getting headphones to have the sound played through them would be too much of a hassle). Just an idea to throw out there.

Yay for another podcast! Although there was noticibly more background noise compared to previous ones, the information discussed was still audible and cool.

Woot to all of you!

As far as the echo goes, the speakers and the mic are too close on other people's computers, so it picks up your voice as well?

Short answer: the cast is on a conference call on phones.

Its a recorded conference call. I'm the only one with computer and headset. Unfortunately, due to the recording equipment, no way to shut my headset mic off/mute (which I would like to do when I'm only producing -- maybe I'll get a separate microphone with on/off switch). Everyone else has a mobile or wired phone handset. Echo can occur on the phone handsets when the earpiece volume is too high, or it can be pseudo-echo due to the fact I'm recording the call on a computer-based IP phone across the Internet from the cast.

Yay for another podcast! Although there was noticibly more background noise compared to previous ones, the information discussed was still audible and cool.

Thanks. Our baseline goal is for everyone to be heard at a single volume setting on your playback. Onward from there!

Y'all come back for next week's PK combos podcast with our player cast! (and better post=processing ;-)

BTW thanks again to PokePop for hosting/moderating this one and to him and all the cast for an interesting show.

digg.com said:
Not Approved Yet
Once Digg approves your podcast submission, other users will be able to view it.

Maybe no staff in on the weekend to approve it?
I'm going to submit the BMG podcast to these guys, too, once I figure out how this works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back