Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pokegym's Online Battle Royale - TOP 8 - Completed

Rogue Archetype

Moderator <br> Contest Host
WELCOME TO THE TOP 8 OF POKEGYM'S 2009 TCG ONLINE BATTLE ROYALE!!!!

PLAY YOUR GAMES AND POST YOUR RESULTS IN THIS THREAD:
DUE Tuesday, Jan. 5, 2010 (11 p.m. EST)

The Winner of this competition will earn the title of:
POKEGYM ONLINE BATTLE CHAMPION 2009

Games that are not reported by Jan 5, 2010 (11 p.m. EST) will result in Game Losses
(if you've sent a PM to your opponent and Rogue Archetype and your opponent does not respond, you win the round )

WINNERS WILL BE UPDATED IN BOLD PRINT

(This tournament is being managed by official "TOM" software - (Tournament Operation Management software) )

1 cromecatz vs. luca
2 Rokman HeyTrainer vs. Volt
3 Meesie666666 vs. The_A_Team
4 Time For Pain Team Hatter vs burmy

NO BYEs. No NO-Shows!
Everybody will have to EARN it this time around!

LET'S GET IT!

SINGLE ELIMINATION

YOU LOSE. YOU'RE OUT!

BEST 2 of 3 Games in EACH ROUND
(this means you would, possibly, play your opponent three times)

POST YOUR RESULTS IN THIS THREAD!

We need to know who won each game:

Please Post your results like this:

TABLE 14
ROUND 1: Nigel vs. Victory

Game 1 - Nigel wins
Game 2 - Victory wins
Game 3 - Nigel Wins

MATCH = Nigel

Games that are not reported by 10:00 p.m. EST Monday Dec. 28, 2009 will result in a Double Game Loss

You May Play Your Opponent on any Hamachi Network you wish.
If you're not a member of one, here's a couple of "OFFICIAL" Networks so you won't have trouble finding each other.

PROGRAMS TO USE FOR YOUR BATTLES: REDSHARK vs. APPRENTICE

You may use either one of these programs for your matches.
If you and your opponent can't agree, then the default is REDSHARK.

Pros and Cons:

Apprentice -

Pro - It's ironclad and does NOT crash. Most of the players that have been in the game for a long time are die-hard apprentice users. So, your better competitors prefer this program.
One thing that is very convienient about this program is it's use of keyboard combinations ("hotkeys") that allow you to perform certain tasks without the use of your mouse. It's like Wordperfect era technology in that aspect ... If you're familiar with those hotkeys from using Apprentice all of the time, you'll hate not having them in RedShark.
Con - It's so NOT automated. Redshark users will be downright annoyed at this program because it is created for an entirely different game: Magic the Gathering. You will have a learning curve to overcome as you discover which magic terminology applies to what you need to do (i.e. Library = deck, dump = discard)

Redshark

Pro - It was created to one thing: Play Pokemon TCG. The Deckbuilder is SICK in comparison with Apprentice. The filters are super fast seperate the library by trainer, pokemon, and energy for quick and easy searching. The actual gameplay is facilitated by automated functions such as card attachments, double click attack and power announcments, single click multi card pulls to name a few. The right click option is all pokemon terminology and has many useful options. Ease of use and practicality of this program buries Apprentice.

Cons - It's SO SO annoying when the program glitches. About 1 in every 5 games, you or your opponent may have your game interrupted with a computer glitch where you can't see your opponents cards or your cards go haywire and you have to restart RedShark and play a brand new game.

Old players get VERY vocal about the Apprentice vs. RedShark debate. They LOVE their Hotkeys that allow them to do things faster.
New Players love to Right-Click and select things in RedShark.
Well, the choice is yours. But, I've played both and those are my comparisons.

HAMACHI NETWORKS:

POKEGYM BATTLE ROYALE 1
PW - PBR

POKEGYM BATTLE ROYALE 2
PW - PBR

POKEGYM BATTLE ROYALE 3
PW - PBR

Remember: You can create your OWN network and invite your opponent to join it for the purpose of you match!
This is the link to our "FIND YOUR OPPONENT" thread: http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?p=1595496&posted=1#post1595496

RULES ABOUT COMPUTER CRASHES:

RedShark has issues glitching every now and then.
Hamachi, sometimes, loses connection.

That's not your fault. However, we DO need to make some simple rules to keep things fair.

If someone is losing the game and their computer "glitches," "crashes," or "loses connection," and the game is no longer playable, you can follow these guidelines:

Caution: Do not "glitch" whenever you're losing a match. That would be behavior that is suspicious and is not aligned with the Spirit Of the Game. Such behaviors could lead to exclusion from future tournaments. (conceding your matches are still O.K. however).

RULES:

If NO prizes were taken before the glitch:

1. Simply restart RedShark, reconnect to each other, and start a new game.
2. If the same person glitches again, restart and give that player a prize card penalty.
3. If ONE prize was already taken, restart and allow the player to draw his prize and continue your new game.

If less 2 - 3 prizes have been taken:

1. Restart a new match and pick up the number of prizes that were won before your game got glitched out.
2. Exception, if the match has already gone 30 mins and less than 3 prizes were draw

If the game has gone over 40 mins before the glitch:

1. Treat it as if "TIME" was called and count your prizes.
2. Remember, we're not giving you a time limit for these matches, but if a computer glitch cuts your game short after 40 mins, determine a winner and move on to the next game (you're playing 2 out of 3 after all).

REMEMBER: Spirit of the Game is the best determining factor of "what to do" So, if YOU'RE cool with a compromise and your Opponent is cool with a compromise, then THAT'S what you do!
---- example:
Your opponent was ahead on prizes and his computer froze. You tell him "I was really behind there, but I had a shot of getting back in it, can we restart and you just draw your 3 prizes at the beginning?" If you're cool with that, and HE's cool with that, then rock on!

If anyone has some input for the "CRASH RULES," please offer them. For the most part, you should be able to get through your games regardless of which program you use.

Have fun.

Last edited:
Good luck Volt

looks like im the last heytrainer :(

Last edited:
I need no luck, tho :D

Cromecatz and me are Hatter's, too, RA.

Last edited:
I PM'd TimeForPain and he hasn't replied. If I'm correct, you know him in real life, RA, so can you let me know what's up?

I PM'd TimeForPain and he hasn't replied. If I'm correct, you know him in real life, RA, so can you let me know what's up?

He was top cutting at a CCs today about 2 hours from his home.
(top 2'd it actually )

Since the deadline is TOMORROW night, he'll probably not even log in until tomorrow.

Me and Volt decided we'll play monday night

his time zone is way different than mine so, if we dont meet up, ill forfeit to him :)

Yeah, I think me and TFP are in different time zones or something because we haven't been on at the same time, and he hasn't been on today, which we said we would play today. >.<

Everybody went back to school today (both HS and College guys)

Let's just extend this whole thing into TUESDAY, 11 p.m.

It would be SO bad to have come this far and have almost all matches fold.

Let's just extend the deadline and let everyone get settled in.

Weldon is the last one directly repping HeyTrainer, so I have to support him; however, I wouldn't mind claiming Chrome or TFP as de facto wins for HeyTrainer, as they're both frequenters of the tournaments there. =P

Either way, not surprised to see TFP up in the ranks, and I'm definitely not surprised to see Chrome.

Game 1: Burmy
Game 2: Burmy

Match: Burmy

Almost won game 2 but didn't get what I needed. At least it was close for how bad of a matchup it is for me.

Good Luck to you sir!

Table 4
Burmy VS Time For Pain

Game 1: Burmy
Game 2: Burmy
Winner: Burmy
GGs, the last one was close.

Weldon is the last one directly repping HeyTrainer, so I have to support him; however, I wouldn't mind claiming Chrome or TFP as de facto wins for HeyTrainer, as they're both frequenters of the tournaments there. =P

Either way, not surprised to see TFP up in the ranks, and I'm definitely not surprised to see Chrome.

I ditto that trainer.

Go Chromecatz!

Way to rep HeyTrainer, Team Hatter and the Broward Army!

GJ Burmy! Go for the win! You'd better, 'cause you beat me. :wink: GL

As rokman stated above, he'd forfeit if we don't meet up. That said, we didn't meet up.

MATCH = Volt

Back