Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pokemaniac93's 3rd Place Texas Mesquite States Report

pokemaniac93

Well, i went out at around 9:00 A.M. to see if i could get some cards i needed. I got them out of packs, so i was ready to play. I traded a lot because i had my deck written out before i got there. My cousin and i both came with high hopes in winning. Anyways, i ran Hurricane.

Round 1- Austin (Empoleon, Blastoise, Wailord)

I get a great start. I set up a Catty, 2 Feraligatr with 2 DRE, and Plusle and Minun. When i let him K.O. my Pachy as active, i get to draw with Minun and Recycle energies. That's when he literally gave up.

1-0

Round 2- Josh (G&G)

I absolutely hated playing against this deck!!! Anyways, while i set up Catty, 2 Feraligatr, 1 Claydol, and 1 Plusle, he swarms with Gallade and Gardy and Psychic Locks me for a couple of turns. I had many energies in my hand, so i recycled them and won. GG Josh!!!

2-0

Round 3- Gwen (Mario)

I had a Skitty. she almost donked me, but didn't flip a heads for Riolu's Wild Kick. I topdeck a Pachy anad start getting 2 Gatr, 2 Delcatty, and 1 Magneton. She attacks my bench and Levels Up, but has Cessation Crystal on before. I windstorm and K.O. Lucaario Lv.X.

3-0

Nick -(Darkrai Lv.X, Houndoom, and Weavile)

Don't remember much, except that he had me, but i topdecked 2 DRE and 2 Water and recycled for game. GG Nick!!!

4-0

Round 4- Ankur (my cousin) Hurricane)

Well, he was my hardest opponent yet. We both got great setups and attacked with Gatr. I didn't attack fast enough, so i was 1 prize away. GG Ankur!!!

4-1

Round 5- Andy -(G&G)

did not get a good hand. He psychic locked me ever turn. I end up losing.

4-2

We wait for about 45 minutes and the results go up.

I look at the results and i am... 8th This is great. I barely made it.

Top 8

Paul(undefeated in Swiss) (Bancario)

Game 1

I go after him fast. He couldn't keep up. I win.

Game 2

We play for a very long time, and we both have a prize left. My bench was weak and i had a Gatr out with lots of energies. He couldn't get a Warp Point, so i won. GG Paul!!!

Top 4

Jordan B. (Infercatty with G&G tech)

Game 1

I get an amazing start and start killing Infernapes fast. I win.

Game 2

I can't set up becasue he swarms. I lose

Game 3- This was a long game. I had him, but he Psychic Locks me, so i can't do anything. I lose.

In the end, i get 3rd in the Top 4(4th in Swiss)

Props-

Pizza
meeting good friends
trades
getting 8 packs
Hurricane for doing good

Slops

bad packs
my cousin losing to Steven Eguia

Last edited:
You need to remove last names from your report due to privacy concerns (before it gets done for you).

GJ
-Spotter

Back