Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pokemon Abilities

This may come across as a goofy question but I am still pretty new to the game and have been playing casually with my girlfriend and a few friends.

But I'm a little confused on Pokemon Abilities. Can they be used from the bench?

Example, http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Eelektrik_(Noble_Victories_40) (Eelektrik NV)

Dynamotor is a pokemon ability, can it be used while he's on the bench?

Second question, do status conditions (Sleep, Paralyze, Confuse) affect the use of pokemon abilities? I understand that pokemon cannot use an attack, or an ability that has an energy symbol cost next to it, but do Pokemon Abilities fall into the category of an "attack" ?

Example from above, Can I use Dynamotor while asleep/paralyzed/confused? I know it seems like a goofy question, but I just want to know the precise ruling.
Thanks for the help!

Unless its text states otherwise, Abilities can be used from the bench or from the Active position.
Please don't link to images from other forums in this forum. See the forum rules stickied at the top of the forum.
We have our own image library.

Abilities are not attacks. A Pokemon can still use an Ability even if affected by a Special Condition, even Asleep or Paralyzed.

Note that not all Special Conditions prevent a Pokemon from using an Attack, either!
Only Asleep and Paralyzed prevent a Pokemon from attacking.
Confused means that you have to flip heads to successfully attack.
Poisoned and Burned don't effect attacking at all.

Back