Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

[Pokemon Ability and Attacks]Bronzong's Metal Fortress VS Greninja's Shadow Stitching

Zulfi Iftikhar

Hi, first there are the texts :

Bronzong's Metal Fortress :

Prevent all effects of your opponent's attacks, including damage, done to your Benched Pokémon.

Greninja's Shadow Stitching :

Until the end of your opponent's next turn, each Pokémon your opponent has in play, in his or her hand, and in his or her discard pile has no Abilities. (This includes cards that come into play on that turn.)

I took them on Bulbapedia.

Now, i'll take Shaymin-EX and Unown abilitys too :

Shaymin-EX's Set Up :

When you play this Pokémon from your hand onto your Bench, you may draw cards until you have 6 cards in your hand.

Unown's Farewell letter :

Once during your turn (before your attack), if this Pokémon is on your Bench, you may discard this Pokémon and all cards attached to it (this does not count as a Knock Out). If you do, draw a card.

Here is the situation :

My opponent only has Greninja on active spot, nothing on the bench.

I have Bronzong in active pokemon.

Greninja use shadow stiching, Bronzong has no more ability, so my benched pokemon don't have ability during my turn.
That's a thing, but i can be wrong, tell me if i'm.

Next situation :

My opponent only has one Greninja on active spot, nothing on the bench.

I have anything you want in active spot, like Jolteon-Ex.
I have on my Bench : Bronzong and 1 Unown.

Greninja use Shadow Stitching, Bronzong on the bench, SS doesn't affect Bronzong and doesn't affect Unown.

1 - Shaymin-EX is in my hand, does he still can use Set Up while put on the bench?
2 - This question is extandable to Golbat/Crobat, can they use their ability in evolving?

Bronzong says that it prevents effect on the bench >>> I understand "Prevent when the attack is used", so :
3 - if i put a second Unown on the bench, will he be able to use Farewell letter too? Or only the first Unown that was already on the bench is able to use it?

I hope i was clear, thanks. And sorry for my bad english!

Back