Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pokemon Adventures: Diamond & Pearl (rated 10+)

matt0044

Author's Note: PLEASE READ THIS FIRST! Thank you. I welcome you all to my final version of my Pokemon Adventures series. After being hit by inspiration for this series, I'm back and better than ever. I apologize for making you wait so long.

But before any of you start reading the first chapter, please read the following and take it into account once you start reading. We have a lot to cover.

1. Do NOT worry about familiarity. You may not know the characters used in this fanfic but you don't need to. The characters that are being used for this Pokemon fanmake differ from their original counterparts and some of them are create by me with personality traits adapted from the character they're representing (in other words, they are Original Characters). So you don't need to know who these characters are suppose to be from originally or who they are at all in order to enjoy the fanfic.

2. There are animal characters and anthropomorphic animal characters in this series. They age at the same rate as humans, speak the same language as them and walk the same way as them. The reason for this will NOT be explained as I'm no scientist and I won't come up with some mumbo-jumbo theory that's scientifically incorrect (for the time being). This is for you to speculate if you wish.

3. Unlike most Pokemon fanfics that are usually teen and/or adult oriented, this fanfic is different (as you can tell by the age rating in the thread's title). I'm not sure how to put it in the right words but let's just say that you'll have to read to find out.

4. This fic takes place in an alternate Pokemon universe where the species and lands are the same but the characters are different. So none of the original characters from the games or the Anime will appear (unless I go crazy and have my Pokemon character meet the Anime Pokemon character in a crossover special).

That is all. Please enjoy Pokemon Adventures: Diamond & Pearl, the first part in an on-going series.

--------

Pokemon Adventures: Diamond & Pearl by matt0044.

Cast of Characters.

Our Heroes

Sagwa Miao as Dawn

Arthur Read as Barry

Lan Windy (Original Character) as Paul

The Gym Leaders

Chet Chet (Sagwa) as Gym Leader Roark

Hun Hun (Sagwa) as Gym Leader Gardenia

Sue Ellen Armstrong (Arthur) as Gym Leader Maylene

Lic Lic (Sagwa) as Gym Leader Crasher Wake

Muffy Crosswire (Arthur) as Gym Leader Fantina

Binky Barnes (Arthur) as Gym Leader Byron

Fern Walters (Arthur) as Gym Leader Candice

Won-Ton (Sagwa) as Gym Leader Volkner

The Elite Four and Champion

Kyon (Haruhi Suzumiya) as Elite Four Aaron

Yuki Nagato (Haruhi Suzumiya) as Elite Four Bertha

Taniguchi (Haruhi Suzumiya) as Elite Four Flint

Itsuki Koizumi (Haruhi Suzumiya) as Elite Four Lucian

Haruhi Suzumiya as Champion Cynthia

Team Galactic

Team Galactic Agents #44 and #45 as Team Rocket Agents Jessie and James

Team Galactic Commander Mars

Team Galactic Commander Jupiter

Team Galactic Commander Saturn

Team Galactic Commander Charon

Team Galactic Boss Cyrus

Secondary Characters

Luna (Sailor Moon) as Marley

Pudding Fong (Tokyo Mew Mew/Mew Mew Power) as Cheryl

Konata Izumi (Lucky Star) as Mira

Sir Richard (Sagwa) as Professor Rowan

Inspector Gadget as Looker

Mikuru Asahina (Haruhi Suzumiya) as Nurse Joy

Ryoko Asakura (Haruhi Suzumiya) as Officer Jenny

Shao Fung "Mama" Miao (Sagwa) as Johanna

David Read (Arthur) as Tower Tycoon Palmer

Wallace Windy (Original Character) as Reggie

Credits.

Based on the video games (Pokemon Diamond, Pearl and Platinum versions) developed by Nintendo, Gamefreak and The Pokemon Company for the Nintendo DS, the Animated series (Anime) produced by Shogakukan Productions and the Graphic Novel (Manga) written by Hidenori Kusaka and published by Shogakukan Incorporated, Tokyo.

Original Concepts by Satoshi Tajiri.

Written by Matthieu "Matt" Rankis.

With extra thanks to Bulbapedia, the Pokemon Wikipedia, for the extra information.

Disclaimer: I don't own Pokemon (Pocket Monsters) or the Characters used in this series (except for Original Characters).

--------

Chapter 1: Setting Off From Twinleaf.

Well, this is it, the thoughts raced through Sagwa's mind as she brushed the white fur all over her body nervously. Today's the day. The nerve-wracking anticipation was beginning to get to her. This wasn't very good for her.

Sagwa Miao was sitting on her bed with the white covered mattress as she brushed her furry feline face with a round strap-on brush that was small enough for her right paw. She used a compact mirror that was strapped onto her left paw to guide herself so as not to get any fur in her eyes. Like all cats, she licked herself clean first but, like humans, she'd brush her fur to make sure she looked the best she could. When the young cat was done brushing, she took a good look at her face in the compact mirror to make sure that she did a good job.

Her eyes' pupils were round and colored black and the whites were light blue like the clear sky. Her head was shaped like a small melon, hence her name meaning "melon head." One of the gray Siamese cat marking was all over her face as if she fell face first into an ink pot which earned her the irritating nickname "Ink Face" among her friends and family members. Despite the annoyances her face brought her, Sagwa always thought she looked cute and tries to look as pretty as possible. In addition to her face, the gray markings were also present on her four pink-padded paws and her bushy tail. Around her neck was a large red and yellow Chinese collar shaped like a three-leaf clover that was made by her mother and had a small pocket.

"Perfect," Sagwa said out loud after seeing that her face had no fur sticking out or split ends. She snapped the compact mirror shut, put it in her collar pocket and put the brush down on the bed beside her. She then began to look around her own bedroom with a melancholy feeling. She looked down at her bed half-covered by her blue blanket, to her left at the mini-desk with the lit-up lamp and the shiny Starly alarm clock next to her bed, to her right at the big wooden desk where she used to draw, read and write at and straight ahead at the bookshelf next to the door that held all of her favorite storybooks. It was hard for the young cat to believe that she was looking at her own bedroom for the last time in a while.

What am I thinking? she said in her mind as she closed her eyes, shook her head and lightly hit her face with her paws to stop herself from getting too depressed. This is the day I've been waiting for all my life. This is not the time to mope around. She put her left paw into her collar pocket, took out a folded piece of paper which she unfolded and read the letter that she received the previous day in her mind.

To Miss Sagwa Miao,

It is my pleasure to inform you that you have passed the Official Sinnoh Pokemon Trainer exams with flying colors. As of now, you are a Pokemon Trainer and eligible to start your own quest. Before you begin that quest, please report to Lake Verity tomorrow at 12:30 PM to select your starter Pokemon. Be sure to bring the ID card from the envelope with you to verify your status as a trainer. Thank you and congratulations.

-Professor Barry Davis "B.D." Richards of the Sinnoh Pokemon Research Center.

After reading the letter word for word, Sagwa felt less depressed and much more excited. It wasn't everyday that someone managed to become a Pokemon Trainer and go on a quest. Ever since she was six years old, she was fascinated with Pokemon, battling and training as her mother and father told stories of when they were trainers themselves. When Sagwa was eight, she decided that she would become a trainer like her parents but she had to wait until she was two years older due to the nation's age restriction laws stating that those ten years and older could own, train and battle Pokemon.

Pocket Monsters, or rather Pokemon for short, were creatures that co-existed with humans, anthros and animals in Sagwa's world. Each Pokemon had special powers and abilities which people use in a sport that involved Pokemon fighting each other in a fun but sometimes brutal sport known as a Pokemon Battle. Those who battled with Pokemon were known as Pokemon Trainers. Trainers often went on quests in search of adventure and Pokemon which was what Sagwa wanted to do. Nothing else was more thrilling and exciting to her than traveling around her homeland of Sinnoh as she trained her Pokemon to become more and more powerful through battles. Not to mention that there were plenty of cute Pokemon in the world to cuddle. It was quite literally a once-in-a-lifetime event to become a Pokemon Trainer and the more anticipated for the event Sagwa got, the more boring her peaceful hometown of Twinleaf became.

For the last two weeks, the young cat studied the basics of Pokemon training and battling for the Official Sinnoh Pokemon Trainer exams through books written by former trainers themselves. The test was being run by Professor B.D. Richards, the ultimate authority on Pokemon Trainers in Sinnoh and a researcher of Pokemon. Sagwa admired the man for his knowledge of Pokemon and didn't want to disappoint him nor her mother. Two days after she finished the exams on Wednesday and one day prior to now, she received the letter. Knowing that her studies, hard work and determination paid off in the end made Sagwa very proud of herself and very excited as well. So excited that she ignored the footsteps in the hallway that were heading for her door.

Sagwa refolded the letter and put it in her collar pocket when she heard somebody knocking on her bedroom door. "Hey, Sagwa," said the person on the other side of the door. "I just arrived and I'm all set to go. Your mom has just finished packing your supplies too. Have you finished brushing your face yet?" He spoke in a clear male voice that Sagwa instantly recognized.

"I'm ready, Arthur," Sagwa replied in a high pitched voice. She got up on all four of her legs and leaped off her bed, landing on the bedroom's hardwood floor. "Feel free to enter the room."

"Don't mind if I do," Arthur Read said as the ten year old anthropomorphic aardvark turned the door nob to opened the door and stepped into Sagwa's bedroom. He began to show of his clothes in an arrogant fashion. "So what do you think of my cool new threads? Mom bought these exclusively for my quest." He wore a long sleeved yellow sweatshirt, long legged blue pants with a brown belt around the waist, red and white sneakers on his feet along with white socks, big, round-framed glasses on his face which helped his near sighted vision and an orange Pokemon Watch, Poketch for short, strapped to his right wrist. He also had round ears on top of his oval-shaped head like Sagwa did and carried a big red backpack that was strapped onto his back.

"They sure look cool," complimented Sagwa. "Then again, I hardly ever wear any clothes other than my collar so what would I know?" She laughed a little.

"Never mind that," said Arthur, changing the subject. "We have to hurry up and get to Lake Verity by 12:30 PM, as the letter said, and it's," he lifted his right arm up to his head to check the time on his Poketch and was shocked to see that it was, "12:18 PM! We gotta hurry before it's too late or else!"

"Or else what?" asked Sagwa. "I'm eager to go like you are but there's no need to worry about the time. We'll get there when we get there."

"Guess not," said Arthur. "Even so, we still have to get there for our first Pokemon ASAP. We've been preparing for this day for a long time!"

"Okay, okay," said Sagwa, waving her paws in front of herself. "Simmer down, will ya?" She sighed heavily. It was no surprise to her that Arthur was raring to start his trainer quest as soon as he could. She and him had been the best of friends since they were both eight years old and it was their passion for Pokemon, training and battling that formed that friendship.

Arthur's father, David Read, was the Tower Tycoon of the Sinnoh Battle Tower, a title and position just as great as Champion, and was widely respected throughout Sinnoh. Arthur looked up to his dad in admiration and wanted to be just like him, perhaps even better. So when Sagwa decided to take the Official Sinnoh Pokemon Trainer exams, Arthur decided that he would as well so as not to fall behind her and, just like Sagwa, he passed with flying colors with thanks to his hard studying.

"Let me just get myself balanced," Sagwa said as she rose her whole body upward to stand on her two hind legs. The young cat walked around the bedroom on the hardwood floor with her arms spread out wide until she found her center of balance and was able to walk perfectly like a human or anthro. She was two feet tall, half the size of Arthur, when she stood on her two hind legs. "All set. Off we go, Arthur."

Sagwa and Arthur went out of the bedroom into the hallway and closed the door behind them. They then walked through the hallway towards the stairs and begun to walk down each step. "Hey, Mama!" Sagwa said as she and Arthur walked down the stairs to the foyer where her mother, Shao Fung Miao, was putting the last few items into a yellow backpack. "Are you done packing? I have to go now." They stopped walking once they reached the end of the stairs.

"Yeppers," said Shao Fung, whom Sagwa referred to as Mama in a cute way. She held the bag by the straps as she walked on her hind legs to her daughter. "I've packed everything you'll need for your journey through Sinnoh, including instructions on how to ration your food, water and money." She spook in a smooth yet young, feminine voice that was best suited for a mother cat her age. She had pure white fur all over her body along with the gray Siamese cat markings on her four pink-padded paws, on her bushy tail (which Sagwa inherited from her) and above her eyes which look like she put it on as make-up. She wore a large violet and white collar with a gold medallion attached to the end of it attached her neck. She also had an earring attached to each ear and another piece of jewelry on top of her head. Overall, her appearance made her look more like a queen's cat rather than a mother cat.

"Thanks, Mama," said Sagwa as she walked over to take the yellow backpack and strapped it over her shoulders. It was heavy, considering the large amount of supplies needed, but Sagwa managed not to break her back and carry it.

"And that's not all," said Mama as she reached her left paw into her collar pocket to take out a red Poketch that was small enough for Sagwa's wrist and thrust it out to her daughter. "I knew how much you wanted one so I got you a Poketch straight from Jubilife City and saved it for today. I had the new communication application installed recently so that we can stay in contact."

Sagwa took the Poketch from Mama as her eyes widened along with a smile on her face. "Oh my gosh," she said like a speechless fangirl. "I don't know what to say." The Poketch was a real must-have for every Pokemon Trainer in the Sinnoh region, especially new trainers just starting out. It could tell time and also serve a wide variety of function that could assist trainers such as allowing contact between other Poketch wearers and other communication devices. Needless to say, it became very popular in the whole region and still was. Sagwa quickly strapped it on her right wrist, tight enough so it wouldn't fall off, and made a pose of determination. "Expect that I'm truly ready for my trainer quest. Thanks so much, Mama." She went over to share a tender hug with her mother and gave her a sweet kiss on the cheek.

"I'd hate to break up this lovely family moment," said Arthur as he walked passed Sagwa and Mama to the front door, "but there are Pokemon waiting for us to catch and they're not going to catch themselves." He turned the door nob and opened the front door, letting in a cool breeze. "So let's go already!"

"You don't need to tell me twice," said Sagwa as she walked to the open doorway. "Goodbye, Mama. I'll see you when I'm a famous Pokemon Trainer."

"Best Wishes, Sagwa," said Mama with a smile on her face. "Make the Miaos proud."

"You bet I will!" were Sagwa's last words before Arthur closed the front door behind them.

Mama's face saddened as she still stood in the foyer, staring at the front door. Her only kitten was now out in the great big world on her own, no longer needing her mother. Despite this, the mother cat felt proud of her daughter nonetheless and only wished that her husband was able to see their little kitty was all grown up and ready to become a great Pokemon Trainer like her mother. Oh, Win Bao. You would've been so happy for her.

As Sagwa and Arthur stepped out onto the front porch, they took in some fresh, cool Twinleaf town air to revitalize themselves. They then stepped off the porch to walk down the house's stepping-stone walkway and reached the yellow dirt road where they turned right to start running uptown. As they ran, they passed by people whom they knew and said goodbye to each of them. Eventually, Sagwa and Arthur came to a road that was separate from a farm by a white picket fence and they knew that they were nearing Route 201.

"Yes!" shouted Arthur in celebration as he looked at his Poketch which read 12: 23 PM. "We just might make it in time. Just seven more minutes until half past twelve." He panted from running and talking at the same time.

"Let's save the celebrations until we get our Pokemon, Arthur," said Sagwa. "The party doesn't start until everyone's there." Just then, she saw someone up the road and started walking along with Arthur. "Hey, who's that?"

The person was human, a young boy about Sagwa and Arthur's age to be precise. He was twice as tall as Sagwa and an inch smaller than Arthur and had a full head of black hair. He wore a long-sleeved black hooded sweater, long legged blue jeans, blue and white sneakers on his feet, a dark-violet bag on his back that obviously contained his supplies and a black Poketch on his right wrist. The Poketch got Sagwa's attention.

"He's got a Poketch," Sagwa said to Arthur in a quiet tone of voice. "He must be a beginning trainer too."

"Let's go meet him," said Arthur, mimicking Sagwa's quiet tone of voice. "He may be heading for Lake Verity too."

"I can hear you two talking," said the boy in an unusually gruff tone of voice for his age, hinting displeasure at being talked about behind his back. He stopped to turn around and face his followers who stopped walking as well, at least two and a half feet from him. "If you want to meet me, then here I am. Lan Windy in the flesh." He had an soft-yet-angry looking facial expression with his eyebrows knitted together and his lips pursed tightly. His black eyes gave Sagwa a bit of an uneasy feeling.

"Is that really your name?" asked Sagwa, still feeling uneasy. "Lan Windy, I mean."

"Of course," said Lan. "You did want to know my name, didn't you?"

"Yes, we did," said Sagwa. "Anyways, we noticed you had a Poketch and thought that you might be a trainer starting out like us."

"Like you?" said Lan, slightly confused. "So you two are the others who were also taking the exams and passed like I did, I take it."

"The Poketch says it all," said Arthur, showing his orange Poketch to Lan as Sagwa showed her red one. "Unless, of course, they're cheap knock-offs that some kid's using to become cool. I'm Arthur Read."

"And I'm Sagwa Miao," Sagwa introduced himself. "Are you heading to Lake Verity for your first Pokemon like we are?"

"Of course, I am," said Lan, smirking like a smug jerk. "It's not like I got this opportunity for nothing, right?"

"Then let's travel down Route 201 together," suggested Arthur. "We're heading to the same place so why not head there as a group?"

"Sure," agreed Lan. "I might as well use the extra company."

"Then it's settled," said Sagwa, energetically. "Let's go, boys. We have Pokemon to catch!"

To Be Continued in Chapter 2: On A Galactic Scale!

--------

Author's note: PLEASE READ THIS AS WELL! And chapter one is finally done! Hope you enjoyed this first chapter of this series because there's much more to come!

Before you start on your reviews and critiques, it would be much appreciated if you were to not only tell me what needed improvements but also what you liked about each chapter so that I can know that you at least liked some of it. It's just that when people focus on the bad stuff, it's hard to tell whether they really liked it or not.

And be sure to remember that this is only the first chapter. If you know Pokemon, then it'll only get better from here.

This is Matt Double-O Double-Four and I'll see you next time, fellow writers.

Last edited:
Back