Pokemon Boundaries Crossed Promo Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokemonrocks777

Front Page News Editor
http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/play-pokemon-tournaments/pre-release/

Here is the Picture of the Promo.

Pokémon TCG: Black & White—Boundaries Crossed Prerelease Tournament

Enter the next dimension of your journey into battle with the Pokémon TCG: Black & White—Boundaries Crossed expansion! This Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2 video game-themed expansion includes a powerful mix of new Pokémon-EX. Black & White—Boundaries Crossed also introduces four never-before-seen ACE SPEC cards that are so incredibly powerful, players can only carry one into battle!

Now you can get a chance to try out these amazing new cards in Pokémon TCG Prerelease Tournaments! When you participate in these tournaments, you not only get to play with the cards before they are officially released, you get to keep the cards you play with!

Get more information about the Pokémon TCG: Black & White—Boundaries Crossed Prerelease Tournaments.

Find dates, times, and locations of prerelease tournaments in your area.

I don't usually care about these things, but WOW that stamp is ugly. No offense to the design team, but this one was a miss.

Oh my goodness! Flygon is one of my favorite Pokemon! Too bad it's not terribly playable.... :frown:

- Croatian "waiter, there's a Flygon in my soup" Nidoking

Oh my goodness! Flygon is one of my favorite Pokemon! Too bad it's not terribly playable.... :frown:

- Croatian "waiter, there's a Flygon in my soup" Nidoking

I disagree he is very playable. When we get Celibi EX he can use the stage 1 attack to do 50 and 10 to the bench and then 10 again to everything with his Ability. I can see this being played with Hit and run pokemon or even Deck and Cover. I am looking forward to using this card when it comes out.

I disagree he is very playable. When we get Celibi EX he can use the stage 1 attack to do 50 and 10 to the bench and then 10 again to everything with his Ability. I can see this being played with Hit and run pokemon or even Deck and Cover. I am looking forward to using this card when it comes out.

I disagree with both of you; I think it might be somewhat playable. :lol:

I don't think Celebi EX is the right approach, however; I tested it in some other decks and it is so vulnerable you only should use it if its a one-of, finishing blow scenario. Anyway, the most intriguing Flygon deck I've seen is a no-Energy build... but I just saw the list and strategy write up; I've not seen it in action.

I wouldn't say ALL the Ace Spec cards were never seen before. I mean Computer Search was in the Base set and it's reprint. The article should have said "A new type of card called Ace Spec makes its debut in this set" or something.

I actually pulled off a full evolution line for the promo at the pre-release.

The sand thing was extremely useful and won me the game (my only win of the day).
Since it knocked out several bench Pokemon & I used the attack (no discard) to get rid of a rather threatening Pokemon.

I actually pulled off a full evolution line for the promo at the pre-release.

The sand thing was extremely useful and won me the game (my only win of the day).
Since it knocked out several bench Pokemon & I used the attack (no discard) to get rid of a rather threatening Pokemon.

You're not supposed to be allowed the use of the promo in the actual event. Sounds like your TO forgot a piece of info during announcements.

Unless he meant he pulled (from booster packs) the full Evolution line for Flygon... which means set versions of Trapinch, Vibrava, and Flygon itself.

So... EricDent, did your TO goof or did you pull all three cards from the set itself?

He did not say anything about it being illegal to play the promo version.

In fact I played with several of the promo cards in the past pre-releases.

I think the guy might just be in it for the $.

Cause he also has sold stuff like the playmat, and of course starter decks (nobody ever does the starter challenge) as well.

On this particular event he was running several sets of pre-releases (there was another after the first one ended).

The most annoying fact was that according to our league leader (a guy that works in the comic store we have it at) said he let them know very last minute. So there was no time to set up a decent area to play (Warhammer was going on as well).

With the store moving to a much larger location soon, this should not be an issue anymore.

The other thing that was kinda annoying (though it was kinda expected) was the fact the calendar for the store said $25.
Yet the guy was charging $30 for each pre-release (the starters were $10 each).
As I was kinda low on funds (had to pay rent & other bills) I only could afford 1 pre-release & the starters.

Well, the promo card isn't supposed to be used for the event. It's in the rules. Sounds like your TO is doing it wrong. The why of that isn't for me to specultate on.Side events like drafts or second flights for PRs are very common as well. So no oddity there. As for selling stuff, some of that is provided to him at a cost. Like the decks. TOs pay for them like the rest of cards provided for prereleases. The mats however I'm not so sure. I think some of them are for promotional use and some are discretionary. Not sure on that though. Maybe someone will clarify. I know that our TO holds free raffles for all that stuff. Often times he even spends out of pocket for big events like states. Like the dice that most of us get at big events.. Just to make the raffles and tournaments more exciting. Everybody gets a ticket at deck check and throughout the event numbers are called for individual prizes. I'm also pretty sure TOs aren't allowed to sell prerelease overstock until the actual release date. Yet again, not claiming as fact. Just postulating reasonable theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back