Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pokemon Business

Deoxys Cool Form

I'm considering making a website focusing on selling Pokemon card singles, boosters, and merchandise. Is there much money in this? I'd crack open boxes to get the singles, and I'd only do Pokemon. Thanks.

Hard to do it tbh, you have to put a lot of money into it to start getting some cash money money.

Well, could always open an Ebay store, probably the easiest and safest route. But I dunno about a website in general, consider there are already a lot out there dealing in TCGs in general, one focused solely on Pokemon is gonna be hard to crack unless you're willing to undercut them, and even then profit margins probably are gonna be razor thin as those sites already operate likely close to that edge too, especially in terms of commons and uncommons.

Short version, if you're looking to get rich off it, not gonna happen unless you get some ungodly luck and can sell nothing but like Mewtwo EXs and other popular cards while never getting any bad cards that won't sell much.

You want my advice? After (and I still do, but not as big) eBay store, I'd tell you that this is a horrible choice. Don't do it, you will just bleed away money. You have to know exactly what you're doing, and the chance of breaking even is low. I can tell you that when I was doing it, I was barely breaking even, eBay and PayPal fees absolutely kill you.

Drew

I just sold two Mewtwo EX's on ebay, and made $140. That's pretty awesome, but I highly doubt the business would keep like that. They only sold for so much since they aren't available to the public.

Not a very lucrative business, bro.

Back