Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pokemon Catcher

Mama_Luigi

Pokemon Catcher
Trainer-Item
If your opponent has not played a pokemon catcher thus far, declare yourself the winner

Last edited:
We're already getting a Pokémon Catcher. That's coming out in Emerging Powers. The effect is the same as Gust of Wind. I don't like the idea of winning that way. That's absolutely broken -_-

We're already getting a Pokémon Catcher. That's coming out in Emerging Powers. The effect is the same as Gust of Wind. I don't like the idea of winning that way. That's absolutely broken -_-
xDD
I'm sorry, are you referring to my version or the card being released?
Is there much of a difference?

Change it to:

If the opponent played a Pokemon Catcher during this game, you can declare your self the winner.

Why must all your cards be a joke. I don't find them funny.

This is the only one? (Besides machamp which I admit was actually originally a personal attack against you, until I edited it to something sort of broken to avoid a ban)

To those of you that don't get it, this is a mock on the pokemon catcher we are getting in a few weeks as the way I see it, the effects of my card and the real card are pretty much the same.

This is the only one? (Besides machamp which I admit was actually originally a personal attack against you, until I edited it to something sort of broken to avoid a ban)

To those of you that don't get it, this is a mock on the pokemon catcher we are getting in a few weeks as the way I see it, the effects of my card and the real card are pretty much the same.

Emphasis added by me.:rolleyes:

Hmm... don't quit your day job; your card reviewing (or "previewing" as the case may be) skills seem a bit week.

Your text lets you win first turn.

Pokemon Catcher, at worst, will let someone set-up a huge amount of advantage first turn that guarantees them the win. That is the worst case scenario. More probably, players will remember how we dealt with Gust of Wind back in the day, realize that while we are going to lose some decks we are also losing a lot of almost as unfair aspects, like having to run a super sniper or maxing out Pokemon Reversal and praying for enough heads so that an opponent can't hide behind a Sweet Sleeping Face "baby" Pokemon or keep a Bench-sitter safe and sound. That isn't Pokemon either.

Still, I am all for the joke and even balancing things out. How about...

Judge's Warning - Excessive Catcher
Trainer - Supporter
For each copy of Pokemon Catcher in your opponent's discard pile, he or she randomly discards a card from hand. If your opponent has less card's in hand than copies of Pokemon Catcher in his or her discard pile, they must take the top card from his or her deck and add it to his or her Prizes, and you may draw one of your Prize cards.

It is still pretty heavy handed, but an entire series of cards based on punishing players for maxing out Trainers (or even Pokemon) might be interesting...

Objection!
I object to Otaku's claim that Catcher cannot lead to a first turn win. If they start Reshiram and a benched Vulpix, you could catcher the vulpix, seeker the Reshiram, and Donk with Tyrogue and two pluspowers. That is worse than his claim of worst-case scenario!

Last edited:
Hmm... don't quit your day job; your card reviewing (or "previewing" as the case may be) skills seem a bit week.

Your text lets you win first turn.
(More random crap about my inaccuracy about catcher's effects)

Before I start my post, I'd like to comment on my card previewing skills being "week".
This isn't at all a review or preview, I don't have any intention of that. I like to leave that to the "profesionals" *cough*.

Again, this is a completely unserious card. Just like catcher, this card should not be printed, and is utterly stupid. Whoever draws into it first will almost undoubtly win (don't comment on this, I can already forsee you typing paragraphs arguing against this.) I perfectly understand that my card allows you to win first turn and in most cases, the real one will not.

I'm not sure why you feel the need to state all this, as if it wasn't a given (Or do I just come off as ignorant? :lol:)

Anyways, I'll let you go back to typing paragraphs of card evaluation of random common cards all day on pojo.

I am going to say my attempt a playful teasing failed miserably, apologize, and thank you for giving me an idea for a contest. I think Emoticons would have helped, but ultimately it was a bad idea.

I really do hang my head in shame for misspelling "weak" as "week".

I shall also thank LegendCallerL for pointing out an example of how Pokemon Catcher can indeed contribute to a first turn win, albeit it with a specific (but plausible) scenario.

Sorry Mama Luigi.

Last edited:

No. I've seen you make other joke cards before. Why are you mocking a really good card?

Back