Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pokemon D&P for DS: KO move hitters

Broken Deckz

Are there any other pokemon besides artcuno that has sure 2 KO attack combo? egxample: lock on - fisser, mindreader - horn drill.

Last edited:
Mind Reader+Sheer cold=Articuno, Smeargle
Lock-on+sheer cold=Smeargle
Mind reader+Horn Drill=Smeargle
Lock-on+Horn drill=Smeargle
Mind Reader+Fissure=Smeargle
Lock-on+Fissure=Smeargle

Mean Look+Perish Song = Gastly, Haunter, Gengar, Jynx, Murkrow, Misdreavus, Smoochum, Absol, Mismagius, Honchkrow, Smeargle
Block+Perish Song=Smeargle
Spider Web+Perish Song=Smeargle

There you have it!

Last edited:
^LOL. But yeah, that's it. Unless you want to count Mean Look Perish Song.

Someone did that to me on wifi the other day. They killed my Latios. I still won but I went off on that person for doing that.

But, when its all said and done, why not use a Articuno, it takes hits better and we all love that thing.

Because people don't allow OHKO moves. If you want to legally KO a pokemon, have smeargle out, spore, mean look perish song then baton pass to a physical or special wall. Then on the last turn of perish song switch to something else.

Because people don't allow OHKO moves. If you want to legally KO a pokemon, have smeargle out, spore, mean look perish song then baton pass to a physical or special wall. Then on the last turn of perish song switch to something else.

Well, keep in mind that banning KO attacks are not official rules but fan made one to protect their Blissies or special walls from special sweepers. Keep in mind these are the same people who said we can't use OHKO attacks but allow Destiny Bond and Perish Song.

I'll give that Articuno Mind Reader, Sheer Cold, Roost and Blizzard. That will scare people.

Mostly what Vaporeon said. Those aren't official rules. If it's in the game, play it, I say. If you can't prepare a team to deal with all the factors in the game, then you aren't making a good team. Simple as that. It's about as ridiculous as going to a TCG tournament and playing Obama, and telling everyone "Hey guys, you can't use Scizor because my deck has a hard time against it".

Technically I don't consider Perish Song be a KO hit, since its an effect that takes a while to occur....much like the HP loss in poison or burn. An attack like Horn Drill or Sheer Cold are the types of attacks that really are one hitters, no matter if used with mind reader/lock on or not...

CMT

Oh, lets not forget that Focus Sash/Band and Endure allow you to survive OHKOs. It's true.

I taught my newly caught smeagle some crazy moves: TRASFORM, lock on, guilotine, and softboiled! plus the the smeargle was a girl, meaning i can fill my party with them! id like to know if there is something better i could teach them.

Last edited:
If you like having fun, you can always have a Machamp out, Skill Swap out No Guard to a Pokemon that knows an OHKO move (preferably Sheer Cold) and then go to town from there, though tbh, it's more trouble than it's worth doing this.

something i thought was really cool was that i stole a dewgong from a trainer w/ action replay and it learned sheer cold. when, according to www.pokemon.marriland.com, it cant learn that move. which means, there's probably even more pokemon other than smeargle and articuno that can do 2 hit KOs.

Last edited:
*puts Aggron or ANYTHING with sturdy in team*

It's that simple. That's why OHKO ban is a dumb rule.

OK...besides the fact Aggron gets KOed by about any SE attack on it...not to mention horrible typing.

Also, consider the number of Pokemon that even have Sturdy: Aggron, Bastiodon, Donphan, Forretress, Golem, Magnezone, Probopass, Shuckle, Skarmory, Steelix, and Sudowoodo. Of these, only 4 (Donphan, Forretress, Magnezone, and Skarmory) are even good enough to merit any discussion at all, the rest suck in OU. And of these 4, Magnezone wants Magnet Pull over Sturdy in any case, since it's used for trapping Steels. So really, you're talking about 3 Pokemon that would ever have Sturdy at all, mainly because it's the only ability they have (except Skarmory, but Keen Eye isn't any better).

Also, Marriland is wrong, Dewgong learns Sheer Cold at Lv 34 in all the games.

Back