Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pokemon in Japan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pidgeotto Trainer

I'm currently in Japan for a 2 week span. Does anyone have any information on how I could find where leagues or tournaments are? I remember there was a player who would post things about playing in Japan here years ago, but I can't remember his screen name. Any help would be appreciated. I'm in Tokyo in a district called Fuchu Higashi.

Tego (Eskil) is from Norway but has spent extensive time in JPN. He would be your best contact. I'm there for 2 week stints only with students and have never seen any type of OP. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Tego revealed that Japan's lower level events, such as what they call "Battle Roads," are quite different from ours. 4-prize games, no time limit, no computer pairing system.

Aren't non-Japanese cards not allowed in their tournaments?

大きな公式大会は終了しているので、ジム☆チャレンジやチャレンジひろばに参加すればいいと思います。
ただ、日本では日本のカード以外、使用を認めていないので、参加する前にスタッフに確認したほうがいいと思います。

- -

Official events are almost finished.
You can and should participate in the GYM Challenge/ジム☆チャレンジ or Pokemon Challenge Plaza/ポケモンチャレンジひろば, I think.

Please see detailed schedule below links.
http://translate.google.co.jp/trans...hedule/list_area.php?area_code=04&sl=ja&tl=en

But , each events in Japan are expected to use the Japanese cards.
If you have only english carrs, you may ask for staff.

---------- Post added 06/09/2010 at 05:50 PM ----------

Recommended
Akihabara Chelmo
3-15-7 Kanda, Chiyoda Ward, Tokyo

The tournament will be held on weekday nights, so there are many adult participants, I think you can play.

Well, the program I'm with has activities every day, but my evenings are pretty free. Is that tournament in akihabara held every night or which nights? (Thanks for the link, but it is a little hard to look through. I don't know how close any of those places are to me and the formats don't translate well lol.) I'm hoping I can play in a not that important tournament where maybe they would let me use my English cards. If not a tournament though, just playing league somewhere would be very cool as well.

I just pulled out.

Akihabara Chelmo
(秋葉原チェルモ)
東京都千代田区外神田3-15-7
3-15-7 Kanda, Chiyoda Ward, Tokyo
03-5256-8810

June 12 11:00 Half(30cards deck)
all age
Entry fee: buy 1pack or 100yen

June 13 11:00 Half(30cards deck)
Junior

June 13 15:00 Half(30cards deck)
all age

June 14 19:00 Standard(60cards deck)
all age

June 15 19:00 Standard(60cards deck)
Junior

June 16 19:00 Standard(60cards deck)
all age

June 17 19:00 Half(30cards deck)
all age

June 18 19:00 Half(30cards deck)
all age

June 19 11:00 Half(30cards deck)
all age

Akihabara amenities Dreams
(アメニティードリーム 秋葉原)
東京都千代田区外神田1-11-6 小暮ビル5F
1-11-6 Kanda, Chiyoda Ward, Tokyo
Kogure Bldg 5F
03-3253-2726
June 18 18:00 Standard(60cards deck)
all age
Entry fee: 100yen

---------- Post added 06/11/2010 at 10:49 PM ----------

Pokemon Challenge Plaza/ポケモンチャレンジひろば will be held in Omiya, Saitama Prefecture on June 13.
Hour : 10:00 to 14:00
(Maybe the Japanese cards can only use.)

イトーヨーカドー 大宮宮原店
Ito-Yokado stores Oomiya Miyahara

埼玉県さいたま市北区宮原町1-854-1
Miyahara-cho, Kita-ku Saitama 1-854-1

http://standard2.pmx.proatlas.net/d...ヨーカドー大宮宮原店&pos=I1:P35/55/48.245,139/37/31.317

There are so many players together, and you can find someone to free play.
(and I'll go there.)

Just be all like "I'm Ross Cawthon! I'm reaaal famous in the US of A in Pokemon Cards, and I'm tryna play with English cards as a guest. ight?" And they might let you.

I don't know though, no English would be hard to deal with. How would you talk? Interpreter?

Just be all like "I'm Ross Cawthon! I'm reaaal famous in the US of A in Pokemon Cards, and I'm tryna play with English cards as a guest. ight?" And they might let you.

I don't know though, no English would be hard to deal with. How would you talk? Interpreter?

English is a common second language to them, Like spanish is here - So i would think that somebody there would be able to understand what you would be trying to get across.

I can speak some Japanese too, but I'm by no means fluent. I'm hoping many of them will know what the popular cards do (as I will need to for there cards as well). I mean that's always the case when I play someone at worlds.

nybb, I was in akihabara today. Is that location somewhat close to the train station? I'm hoping to have the chance to go once or twice this week. Probably not tomorrow, unless we get back early. Do you think the people at that place will have a problem with me having English cards?

What's the 30 card deck rules?

Yeah, tell them you're the English version of Yamato (which is partially true, as you did beat him in a past Worlds right?), and I'm sure they'll warm up lol.

But yeah, good luck finding somewhere to play. I know I'd kill to be able to go visit Japan, so enjoy all the sites there as well.

Tournament Report

I went today and played a 30 card tournament, my first ever! The only built irl deck I had was Luxchomp from regionals so I worked that into 30 cards.

Round 1 Gengar/Kingdra prime
He t1 Pitch darks me. I have a Roseanne and can setup a bit despite the lock. t2 he BTS's Gengar and Kingdra prime after Uxieing for 6 which I didn't have Spray for. He Kingdra places on my Uxie and Shadow Room ko's it. I have Cyrus and can get out my 1-1 Garchomp out and have DCE and snipe his Uxie. 2-2. He can only place and Poltergeist me for 90, a total of 100. He also makes a bit of a mistake here as he plays Azelf which I spray anyways. I had Lux Ball'd for Luxray last turn and now Radar for my lux x. I gust+Crobat to ko his Kingdra. (fortunately it was double weak as I had taken out Lucario). 1-2. I have game next turn with an energy but I don't have an energy. He doesn't have a ko on my Luxray but does get a ko on Crobat after a Warp Point. 1-1. I don't draw an energy but Collector for nothing and see that 4 of my last 5 cards are energy or Energy Gain. Thanks to playing down the 1 Garchomp x which I had poketurned a turn earlier, I heal my field and make sure he can't ko next turn, then do 60 with lux x putting 30 on Ambipom. He takes a really long turn but can't ko anything as I expect and just Shadow Rooms my Luxray x. I draw a gain and use Garchomp to snipe Azelf for game. Had he not played it, I would've had to take the Feinting Spell flip, but that would still leave me a 75% win if you consider the sudden death restart as 5050. 1-0

After the game I find out....that was it. We were the only 2 people. I got a Japanese Victory Medal card (different looking from America), and a 30 card deck box for winning. I got the 3rd place card as well, since well, there was no 3rd place. =/

The store owner did say 60 card tournaments get more like 10 players at this place, but unfortunately the next one isn't til Monday and I leave Saturday. At least I got to play 1 very good game and won a tournament and a victory medal card in Japan....even if it was a 2 person tournament. Oh well. :rolleyes: I've been able to do many other things in Japan.

Tournament Report

I went today and played a 30 card tournament, my first ever! The only built irl deck I had was Luxchomp from regionals so I worked that into 30 cards.

Round 1 Gengar/Kingdra prime
He t1 Pitch darks me. I have a Roseanne and can setup a bit despite the lock. t2 he BTS's Gengar and Kingdra prime after Uxieing for 6 which I didn't have Spray for. He Kingdra places on my Uxie and Shadow Room ko's it. I have Cyrus and can get out my 1-1 Garchomp out and have DCE and snipe his Uxie. 2-2. He can only place and Poltergeist me for 90, a total of 100. He also makes a bit of a mistake here as he plays Azelf which I spray anyways. I had Lux Ball'd for Luxray last turn and now Radar for my lux x. I gust+Crobat to ko his Kingdra. (fortunately it was double weak as I had taken out Lucario). 1-2. I have game next turn with an energy but I don't have an energy. He doesn't have a ko on my Luxray but does get a ko on Crobat after a Warp Point. 1-1. I don't draw an energy but Collector for nothing and see that 4 of my last 5 cards are energy or Energy Gain. Thanks to playing down the 1 Garchomp x which I had poketurned a turn earlier, I heal my field and make sure he can't ko next turn, then do 60 with lux x putting 30 on Ambipom. He takes a really long turn but can't ko anything as I expect and just Shadow Rooms my Luxray x. I draw a gain and use Garchomp to snipe Azelf for game. Had he not played it, I would've had to take the Feinting Spell flip, but that would still leave me a 75% win if you consider the sudden death restart as 5050. 1-0

After the game I find out....that was it. We were the only 2 people. I got a Japanese Victory Medal card (different looking from America), and a 30 card deck box for winning. I got the 3rd place card as well, since well, there was no 3rd place. =/

The store owner did say 60 card tournaments get more like 10 players at this place, but unfortunately the next one isn't til Monday and I leave Saturday. At least I got to play 1 very good game and won a tournament and a victory medal card in Japan....even if it was a 2 person tournament. Oh well. :rolleyes: I've been able to do many other things in Japan.

Still quite cool to say you won a Japanese victory medal vs trading for one! Congrats!

Keith

Cool report Ross, Congrats on winning the vicory medal. too bad we dont have 2nd and 3rd place ones here in America.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back