Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pokemon Master Deck Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

EddieFreak

How do we get this released in the US? Is there a petition or somthing that could be signed by Pokemon leagues or players? I think somthing like this in the US would bring down prices. It would also help players build better decks. When new parents come into a league with their young ones, it would be nice to answer the age old question with "get the Pokemon Master Deck Build" box.

To be honest, I feel like people at League can help newer players to build new decks as well as maybe give some cards to them too. Also, the EXs are released in tins so that makes it even easier for them to get the EXs.

It would be more convenient though.

When new younger players go to the league I go to, I make it a habbit of giving them good staple trainers if I have them as well as other Pokemon and such so they can get a decent start at the game. The parents like that as well.

When new younger players go to the league I go to, I make it a habbit of giving them good staple trainers if I have them as well as other Pokemon and such so they can get a decent start at the game. The parents like that as well.
Well, sure, that's good, but what about older players who need a way to get a bunch of the cheaper staple trainers and bulk energy and such? A deck building kit is a FANTASTIC thing for all players, and I believe it would sell a lot too. I'd probably buy it, despite having most staples already anyway.

Well, sure, that's good, but what about older players who need a way to get a bunch of the cheaper staple trainers and bulk energy and such? A deck building kit is a FANTASTIC thing for all players, and I believe it would sell a lot too. I'd probably buy it, despite having most staples already anyway.

Yes. I'm all for it. To my knowledge, MTG releases many of those starter kits for like 30 or so bucks. Maybe cheaper. Would also be cheaper on me as well,lol.

I would buy it as well even though I have playble sets of almost every card. I just think it would be of benifit to new and existing players. I have my kid play two decks at league, one is his standard battle deck with catchers (Garchomp), another is a weaker slower deck without catchers (Garbodor/Slowbro), so this way he doesn't run over every junior (and some seniors) becuse they are running basically theme decks. This is essentially a theme deck on steriods. And think of all the fun trading that can be had.

Anyway, I think we all see the benefit but how do we convince them to release it here?

Regards,
Poke-dad Eddie

Well, it's known that TPCi keeps an eye on the 'gym, so this is a good place to start. A Facebook campaign might be worthwhile too. The more noise we make, the more likely we'll get it.

I did hear a development stream rumour that there would be 1 Catcher in each Boundaries Crossed starter, btw.

Magics comes with 285 Cards 4 Booster packs (I think they are accounted for in the total of 285) a small booklet on deck building all for $22 (on toy wiz)... not bad if you ask me...

I am all for this. Like Vaporeon, I make it a habit to hand out cards to new players. I keep an eye on sites online for purchasing, but it still hurts the wallet. I recently spent $40 buying cards I planned to give away. (They were all supporters, mostly Ns.) I can tell players "Oh, if you can find XX theme deck, it's got one of these", but most new players don't want to spend time hunting for theme decks, they want to jump right in. The "master deck" would be a great place to start.

Something like:
4 N
4 Juniper
4 Cheren
4 Bianca
2 Switch
2 Catcher
2 Energy Switch
2 Communication
2 Level Ball
2 Heavy Ball
2 Ultra Ball

That's a solid 30 Trainers/Supporters, and it gives a huge headstart for those who don't want to buy singles online. Then you could add:

8 Grass Energy
8 Fire Energy
8 Water Energy
8 Lightning Energy
8 Psychic Energy
8 Fighting Energy
8 Dark Energy
8 Steel Energy
2 Double Colorless

Total of 66 Energy.

So at that point it's basically only the Pokemon you're missing in order to make a solid deck.

Don't most leagues run out of some sort of place near (or in) a store that sells the starters?
I would think there would be a Walmart or Target (or similar store) within a 10 mile radius of pretty much anywhere.

Anyhow, I think it might be a more interesting idea to do those "fat packs" like Magic does.
It's a big box with 8 boosters for a discounted price (when compared to the purchase of 8 single packs).
Plus a deck box, and some basic energy. Throw in some sleeves & your pretty set.
Heck maybe even a starter deck & 4 packs would be good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back