Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pokemon, not as "unpopular" as you might think...

Skywolf1

It was interesting, I was at a local grocery store a while back, and these pre-teenage kids were looking at the vending machines that had these YGO stickers in them, and one of them then said to the other, "Where is the Pokemon stuff"? I couldn't help but just chuckle at that.

So, the moral of the story is here, "Don't under estimate the staying power of this very controversal and multi-cultural brand."

Take Care,

Skywolf1

I went to Hawaii over the summer... and saw more Pokemon stuff than YuGiCrud stuff. Perhaps it's because Hawaii is a big link between USA and Japan. What was cool was when I met this kid from Nagasaki on the bus, he didn't understand a word of English but we understood each other perfectly when we started showing each other what pokemon we had on our GBAs.

And people say smiles are international, ha.
Yeah, I think it's starting to get a little more popular.. like, it was a huge fad, then it became really uncool to even be associated with someone who liked it, and now it's... somewhere in the middle, I think...

Yeah, seems about right. And I can tell you that in college, people do not think it's strange to have an interest in the TCG. A few people have seen my Pokemon card collection (which, BTW, is a few thousand cards, including duplicates, although few to none of my individual cards are noteworthy on a collector's basis), and been impressed. I have taught a friend the game, and he seems to thoroughly enjoy it.

Joe Monkey said:
I guess if your a pokemon fan it doesn't matter where
your from.

Exactly! After the kid got off, my dad leaned over and said to me, "When it comes to Pokemon, you all speak the same language." That got me thinking about a banner I could design that had that phrase on it, with a picture of a Charizard surrounded by all the different names it has from all the different languages that gave it a name (Rizaadon, Dracofeu, etc.).

Pokemon part II

at my local card store, i was lookin through the single cards, and they were selling a RH Skitty for $5!!! i trhink thats alot. but im not gonna conplain becuase they're getting a pokemon league next month(october)

Back