Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pokemon Scandals.. Yahoo!

Some of these things look like they were just trying to get money from nintendo.... I find the gambling accusation the most hilarious! I thought that there were more, like the story about where there is no Kadabra in rotation because of a stupid magician....

'K now that was rather weird. Perticullarly the banned Pikachu. Promotes Zionism?????? Tch, and the gambling thing? Weird-o. How is Pokemon TCG gambling???

yeah they forgot other things, i remember the whole religious rage though.
Any money that doesn't go to the church = evil because the church needs ever quarter of the parents and children's money. I am not saying I am anti-God or anything but organized religion only cares about $.

...they messed up the geller thing...

We're still feeling the effects of that one...

I don't really see what the big deal about the seizures is. It was an accident. You CAN'T tell me they meant to do it.

Kadabra is a load of crap. Pokemon's like 12+ years old and Kadabra was in the original 150. Get over yourself, you fake magician. Oh, and by the way, you're a little late.

If you can't help but make a blow at Pokemon for gambling, then why not make a another few quick jabs at Baseball cards, and the like? It would have been a more accurate statement to say that kids were gambling their cards away with the rumor about "you take your opponent's cards if you win" thing or whatever, easy mistake to make for someone who doesn't know. But no, we're gambling by buying a pack of cardboard hoping one piece is shiny. I see. :nonono:

OH MY GOD! SATAN IS MAKING ME TYPE THIS. HE IS IN THE FORM OF A SEVIPER AND IS TEMPTING ME TO EAT THE POFFIN OF KNOWLEDGE AGAINST ASH KETCHUM'S WILL!

Maybe the parents should have been around to stop the baby from cutting off all air to its lungs. Just maybe? It could have been any number of toys to do it, but Pokemon gets the blame. They were just unlucky.

I'm surprised they didn't attack them with the religious thing again. That was a miracle.

To me it seems everyone is just jealous because of the success it's had. I mean really, how many fads have lasted almost 15 years?

And if that Geller dude can sue Nintendo for Kadabra, I'm getting in on the action with Snorlax. He looks and acts just like my dad and my uncle. Does that mean I can sue Nintendo twice? :biggrin:

Last edited:
Maybe the parents should have been around to stop the baby from cutting off all air to its lungs. Just maybe? It could have been any number of toys to do it, but Pokemon gets the blame. They were just unlucky.

My thought exactly. What where the parents thinking? Were they thinking at all? A 13 m/o baby should never be left alone.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

We don't know for sure. Maybe Nintendo/PUI/whatever just decided not to make Yungerer cards in case of another lawsuit by some idiot trying to cash in.

Last edited:
I don't really see what the big deal about the seizures is. It was an accentent. You CAN'T tell me they meant to do it.

Kadabra is a load of crap. Pokemon's like 12+ years old and Kadabra was in the original 150. Get overyourself, you fake magician. Oh, and by the way, you're a little late.

If you can't help but make a blow at Pokemon for gabling, then why not make a another few quick jabs at Baseball cards, and the like? It would have been a more accurate statement to say that kids were gambling their cards away when whoever came up with the "you take your opponent's cards if you win" thing or whatever. But no, we're gambling by buying a pack of cardboard hoping one piece is shiny. I see. :nonono:

OH MY GOD! SATAN IS MAKING ME TYPE THIS. HE IS IN THE FORM OF A SEVIPER AND IS TEMPTING ME TO EAT THE POFFIN OF KNOWLEDGE AGAINST ASH KETCHUM'S WILL!

I'm suprized they didn't attack them with the religious thing again. That was a miracle.

To me it seems everyone is just jealous because of the success it's had. I mean really, how many fads have lasted almost 15 years?

AMEN, MY BROTHER!!!

I truly believe that people had mistook the term "Prize Cards" as gambling. I mean people that didn't even bother to read the rules makes snap judgements....

I can see Uri Geller's side of it.
If someone had made a bunch of "Evil PokePop" cards and little Japanese kids ran up to me shouting for me to sign them, I'd be a bit freaked out.

I can see Uri Geller's side of it.
If someone had made a bunch of "Evil PokePop" cards and little Japanese kids ran up to me shouting for me to sign them, I'd be a bit freaked out.
Me and a bunch of my friends will see you at Nationals with our "Evil PokePop" cards, bring a sharpie. Thanks.

Kadabra is a load of crap. Pokemon's like 12+ years old and Kadabra was in the original 150. Get overyourself, you fake magician. Oh, and by the way, you're a little late.

..except he sued a lonnnng time ago, and the Kadabra in Japan has his name in it or something. So they obviously based it off of him, he just lost.

Me and a bunch of my friends will see you at Nationals with our "Evil PokePop" cards, bring a sharpie. Thanks.

LOL i would if i could go to nationals...
i just think its so dumb that there are no more kadabra cards
because he is awsome but hey, nintendo is at least showing some respect

Um -scraches head embarassed- Could you guys not say or post "oh my G-O-D"? I really am sensitive to stuff like that.

But away from my pet peeves. The religus stuff. ??????? How can Pokemon be analigory of the Bible. This must be for local churches. No offense to them, but that is really weird. The mass epilepsy, WOW. That is freaky, over seven hundered people. Two things on that. One etheir some people are just really sensitve, ot Two : that was one crazy episode

Um -scraches head embarassed- Could you guys not say or post "oh my G-O-D"? I really am sensitive to stuff like that.

But away from my pet peeves. The religus stuff. ??????? How can Pokemon be analigory of the Bible. This must be for local churches. No offense to them, but that is really weird. The mass epilepsy, WOW. That is freaky, over seven hundered people. Two things on that. One etheir some people are just really sensitve, ot Two : that was one crazy episode
Both. The episode had a very flashy sence in it where Pikachu sent of a thunderbolt or whatever and there was an explosion and it made for some blinding lights. Then all the sensitive people had their reactions to it.

Sorry for posting, "Oh my God," but I don't find it anything in particular. I also don't see where putting -'s through it makes it any less whatever. I didn't mean to offend anyone, though. :frown:

Last edited:
I studied the whole "Porygon-seizure" thing in a pseudoscience class. There were less than 30 kids hospitalized from watching the episode, what caused the over-700 number was apparently the news report that exaggerated the number and said it was causing kids to seizure, then played the flashing lights clip. Fun Fact: only 1 in 4000 people are susceptible to epileptic fits. What happened with this episode was actually a case of mass hysteria!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_hysteria

Oh golly! Pocket Saints! I'm dying over here!

Noah would be a water type for sure.

Instead of being paralyzed from attacks, you'd get turned into a pillar of salt.

Would their version of "rainbow energy" have a picture of Joseph's coat of many colors on it?

And Moses would be the most powerful Pokesaint of all! Think of how many different types of attacks he could do--Blood, frogs, locusts, boils, hail, darkness...the list goes on and on. And water types would be totally weak to him. You know--the whole parting of the Red Sea business? :thumb:

ah, the memories!
They left out the "Nazi card".
What was the Nazi card? Do tell!

Back