Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pokemon TCG for DS

PokeWisconsin

I think it would be awesome if Nintendo released a Pokemon TCG game for the DS. With the wireless capabilities it would really make a lot of sense. They could also make the card list updatable to stay current with the modified format. Anyone else agree that Nintendo should make a Pokemon TCG game for DS?

The original PTCG GBC game reeked. It was an absolute failure, and in no way am I looking forward to a version of the PTCG on the DS. It's a card game. If you want to play the card game, buy the cards. -_-

SuperWooper said:
If you want to play the card game, buy the cards. -_-

Some people don't have the money to invest in a TCG, so a relatively cheap video game would be a suitable replacement for them.

well, yeah, the CPU's decks sucked...but until you got the cards to make a good deck, so did yours :p. I think maybe the CPUs decks should be based off real archetypes and popular decks, if they make another TCG for Gameboy. Then you could think of it as another way of playtesting, especially if it let you battle other people via wireless. So you could play other people, who also had(assumingly) good decks on their cartridge.

Not only were the computer players' decks on TCG-GB horrid, but the game itself was extremely glitched, and that may be putting it nicely. The coin was always weighted at almost 60-40 in your favor, whatever "in your favor" was, and that was probably one of the more minor glitches.

Definitely, if a new electronic version of the TCG were to be released, it would have to be done a lot better than the GB version was. For one, the cards themselves are a lot more complicated than they were back then, and nothing kills an electronic version of a TCG faster than blatant rulings errors. For another, as was mentioned, the computer players would need far better decks. I could understand if the decks of some of the lower-level computer players were a bit noobish, but once you get to players that you actually have to win a few battles to get to, you shouldn't be able to beat them lickety-split.

One feature that I, for one, would love to see, though I would be extremely surprised if it were actually done, would be a built-in card creation engine. What do I mean by that? Basically, the ability to build cards of your own design into the game without a cheat device. Why would I be surprised if it were adopted? One, allowing the AI to adapt to user-created cards would take some very good programming. Two, it would be all but impossible to make sure that a player couldn't create a truly broken card with this engine, even if it had built-in card creation rules. Three, it's a matter of vanity -- would Nintendo really want players to be creating their own cards, quite possibly ones better than the professionals could make? ;)

I'm still waiting and hoping that they make a new TCG for gameboy/nintendo ds/anything. Although the first and only one had its glitches and that, I still played it a ton. It would also be another way to help teach newer players how to play and on the game they could play with cards they dont have/cant afford and just want to try out and what not. I'm sure the game would sell just fine.

they should make a pc version like magic online. all of the rules built in, online play, tournaments, etc, except for buying online boosters and stuff. cards should be free

Burninating_Torchic said:
Then you could think of it as another way of playtesting, especially if it let you battle other people via wireless. So you could play other people, who also had(assumingly) good decks on their cartridge.

Kinda like an wireless Apprentice, minus the internet connection. Shweet. :smile:

The issue of having the cards updated in your game to the newest set wouldn't be hard, either. The DS has that built in WiFi thingy that lets you download to your DS game and write to it. It would be so awesome if they made the TCG for the DS. :D

a new TCG game for the DS would be awsome! especially if it only started over when you press the "new game" button because mine started over whenever i turned it on so i quit playing it.

The trick with the DS is that it doesn't have infinate storage capablities. Nor does the DS cards. Perhaps if they take the GBA slot to serve with a massive memory card, which I have heard rumors of it being able to do that with special cartiridges, then perhaps a Pokemon TCG game could be made for the DS. I think it would be fair if the game cost so much, then upgrades for players to have the chance to get extra cards would be fair. Also I think it would be more fun if it employed more multiplayer play and less, internal game story.

Well, it sounds very interesting, i liked the old one b/c you got to build old decks that could have had a chance. And it was like playing somebody in real life.

Ahh, but then would we have tournaments purely on a ds. Id say they wouldnt make it updateable, except maybe for rules, as then there would be no reason to make cards, and cards, i think, i do not know, but i belive the profit ratio is very large/larger (?) that videogames. Again, i do not know...

They definitely would need it to be updated. Ever heard of Yu-Gi-Oh!? There are dozens of those games out there but each time a new one is released the last becomes obsolete. Also, I would enjoy an RPG story mode with depth and a multiplayer mode complete with 2v2 and team multiplayer. Other modes could include sealed formats such as draft and theme deck. Just think of the possibilities...

Last edited:
Yes, the possibilities are endless....let's hope they come out with something thats half way decent somewhat soon.

Back