Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

pokemon TCG online

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuki_potsd

pokemon tcg online.... why.... why is it only in japan? does anyone thing the US will release it or have there been discussion on it? the program sounds really good and the youtube graphics are cool. is it about the sales?

I'd imagine TPCI would need some financial backing to fund translating and programming and server-ing. Maybe they can get Nintendo (of America) to help out...

I think it would be a powerful move for Pokemon. sales for the game would put the company way above the rest. if the game got really popular they could possible start a subscription program for people who play regularly and want to gain access to special features.

Although I don't think that'll we'll ever get anything like it here, if they were to launch a Pokemon TCG Online ala M: TG Online I would invest many dollars and much time into it.

pokemon tcg online.... why.... why is it only in japan? does anyone thing the US will release it or have there been discussion on it? the program sounds really good and the youtube graphics are cool. is it about the sales?
do you have a link to the online tcg game?

Huge difference between MTG and Pokemon, MTG's player base are alot older i.e probaly 16+ where as Pokemon is aimed at a younger audience the older people have money to spend online yes but not many children would be able to convince their parent's to buy them virtual packs at £3.50 a pop.

One problem is that online services involving interaction are required to force children under the age of 13 to submit a COPPA form, via snail mail, in order to use the service.

This is a vast inconvenience for a player-base as generally young as Pokemon's is.

The COPPA is an American act who require any children under 13 to send a fax (!) with some informations (including signature) in order to subscribe to a forum for example…
Hopefully this act doesn't exist in Europe. Unfortunately there is no Pokémon Europe…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back