Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pokemon TCGO run completely unprofessionally

Status
Not open for further replies.

desert eagle

Ok, so the Pokemon TCGO sounded like a great idea. It made me kinda wanna make a comeback after 2 and a half years of not playing.

But it turns out they are run completely unprofessionally, and I highly recommend not dropping any money into the game.

They promised reward packs based on hours of play in closed beta, and completely messed up the calculation of those hours. I made a concious effort to play 10 hours+ total to hit my milestones and instead, with open beta, they only gave me rewards rewarding 1+ hours of play, which is utterly ridiculous.

The fact that they give a hard-nosed approach when I submit a complaint, simply saying "We will not be handing out additional packs" is utterly unprofessional and shows they don't care about their customers at all.

Simply ridiculous behaviour from a company that big.

Yeah, they messed up on this one pretty badly.

That said, they were free, gift packs. It's like like we're really entitled to anything. We all go the packs we paid for, and aren't really entitled to more than that. It was just a gift, and we all got something as a gift, even if we didn't get as much as we wanted.

Frustrating? Very much so. Does it ruin an otherwise great program that's going to be wonderful for the future of this game? Nope.

They promised reward packs based on hours of play in closed beta, and completely messed up the calculation of those hours. I made a concious effort to play 10 hours+ total to hit my milestones and instead, with open beta, they only gave me rewards rewarding 1+ hours of play, which is utterly ridiculous.

I feel you :frown: I thought I read we had until the end of August to put in our 10 hours, to hear that it is over already is sad.

However (and this is a BIG however), I can't/won't disparage the game and call it not worth playing. I enjoyed it and will continue to play it and enjoy it.

It's a lot of fun and scratches my Pokemon itch in between the chance to play matches with real people.:thumb:

It fails... it seems great, but half the time the server crashed.

Check out PlayTCG.
Posted with Mobile style...

Be patient, guys. They are still working out some glitches. Pretty soon it's going to be the best thing ever to happen to the game.

You actually know what 'Beta' means?

Yes, it means there are still bugs. You could either test the beta, be one of the first to see this new feature, report the bugs, but don't expect a flawless system.

Or, you could wait until the final version is released to have a running system providing all of the promised features.

It's not like we pay extra money to play it - you just need that code card added to the normal boosters.

Be patient, guys. They are still working out some glitches. Pretty soon it's going to be the best thing ever to happen to the game.
I'd be inclined to agree on the latter, but this program is just disgusting from a technical point of view. The biggest issue I see is that it is run in Flash. All systems run Flash, but it is just so inefficient compared to other better languages such as Java. Flash is generally used for more animated products. The downside to flash is that it limits the amount of user interaction and it has a tendency to lag big time. Flash is better for smaller games... this project is just too big for a flash game.

That being said, unless I see reason to use PTCGO, I would rather use other programs. PlayTCG is faster and more efficient. For practicing, I'll get more games in if I play PlayTCG. That being said, if we can get random tournaments online (like 8 mans) on PTCGO, I would absolutely adore it. I just need a reason to be playing the game... That being said, I have not yet decided as to whether or not I would appreciate online premier events. It would add another set of cards that I'd need to collect, but it would create many new events on a national scale that aren't nationals.

If this product can overcome its biggest hurdles, it will be amazing. Thus far, I'm just not seeing it.

Just drink a cup of tea and wait!

I must really say that I am a little bit disappointed by the little progress this project made in the last three months of closed beta (like tournaments were up for two hours or so then got deactivated and that is more than a month ago...), but playing against real opponents from all over the world is so much fun and I really enjoyed it thus far.

I like Play.tcg as well but when PTCGO gets rolling you have opponents anytime you want - just at your fingertips and you can choose to play with your friends or with random people from all over the world - I like the potential which lies in this.

I agree that the resources this thing eats are a monstrosity but on my quite old computer it runs quite good when I get rid of any extra things like sound, animations, or foil card flickering (which all eat a lot of resources).

Give them some time. Anyone that says this isn't the best thing that ever happened to Pokemon is insane. If there are eventually tournaments for real prizes online, the entire face of the game will change.

I am waiting till they have it all done to go and play it. it would be cool if they start doing tournaments for TCGO hell have its own World Championship. It would be nice. It would be nice if they link it to peoles permire rankings so players could earn a chance to the Normal World Championship just by entering Tournaments on TCGO

I just wish I could get it to work. Every time I try to play a game or build a deck it just doesn't load anything.

I would not like then to replace physical tournaments with online ones. That takes soooo much fun out of the game. You won't be able to meet any new people, you wont be able to talk, you can't have actual interactions, or feel the excitement of a tournament on a computer. If they do tournaments not related to p!p with physical prizes, i would be okay with that, but the minute they step on p!p is th minute I start complaining.
Posted with Mobile style...

They'd never REPLACE physical tournaments if online ones. However if you're able to qualify to something like worlds through online, that would be amazing!

I still would be a little bit iffy on qualifying for worlds. Playing online has never = physically playing as far as not making misplays, being able to always see everything etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back