Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pokepedia DS update ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sceptilious

Hi Gorn,

Any idea when Pokepedia will be updated with the Delta Species series ?

I would also like to thank you for creating such a valuable resource to us (meaning me and my son, and I'm sure many others feel the same) :clap: :clap: :clap:

:pokeball:

No, I don't rely on pokemon-tcg.com for my updates.

There are two issues.

First, the purely mechanical task of going through every card and updating the database is very time consuming. I've been busy with another task and haven't had the opportunity to do it to be honest. It's on my short list and should be finished by the end of the week.

The second issue has been more demanding. There are three kinds of cards: Pokemon, Trainers, and Energy. Well, there WERE three kinds of cards. With the Holon Voltorb/Electrode and such, we now have Pokemon-Energy cards. This has made me revisit some things I do in the Pokepedia. While I'm at it, I'm fixing Fossils a bit (they're Trainers-Pokemon). I'm testing these changes and this has been a challenge. (First dual types, next the Unowns with their own "mini-set," and now these Pokemon-Energy cards. Nintendo is KILLING me!)

But the Pokepedia should be updated by the end of the week.

The Gorn said:
No, I don't rely on pokemon-tcg.com for my updates.

There are two issues.

First, the purely mechanical task of going through every card and updating the database is very time consuming. I've been busy with another task and haven't had the opportunity to do it to be honest. It's on my short list and should be finished by the end of the week.

The second issue has been more demanding. There are three kinds of cards: Pokemon, Trainers, and Energy. Well, there WERE three kinds of cards. With the Holon Voltorb/Electrode and such, we now have Pokemon-Energy cards. This has made me revisit some things I do in the Pokepedia. While I'm at it, I'm fixing Fossils a bit (they're Trainers-Pokemon). I'm testing these changes and this has been a challenge. (First dual types, next the Unowns with their own "mini-set," and now these Pokemon-Energy cards. Nintendo is KILLING me!)

But the Pokepedia should be updated by the end of the week.

Get people to do the manual labor for you, heck, jeremy made a patch for DS, im you can get people to do like 5 cards a day entering raw data, and it'll go by a lot quicker.

Thanks for the update Gorn !

If you have any kind of import ability into your database (I'm assuming you are using MS SQL or something) and you can post a raw file data file layout (text file or excel) that you can use for import, I'm sure you could get some help on inputing the data from people at the Pokegym :wink:
Some people could do some for you , then combine the file and import it.
Just something you might want to think about for future set releases.

Thanks again
:biggrin:

The Pokepedia has been updated with Delta Species.

Sorry about the delay. I wish I could have had it finished before the first weekend of cities.

(Hey, I saw a few Pokepedia-generated decklists out there on Saturday. Good job! Hope it made things easier for you to get ready.)

The Gorn said:
The Pokepedia has been updated with Delta Species.

Yeeeeeha, Thanks Gorn :clap:

I really find your site valuable for trying to build decks :thumb: :thumb: (that's a 2 thumbs up)

Thanks again !!

Thank you so much Gorn!
Your tool that you work so hard on is invaluable to us!

May the luck of the draw be with you in your next game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back