PokePockets 3rd Place BR Report (Sandy, UT)

Discussion in 'Battle Roads' started by PokePockets, May 24, 2008.

1. PokePockets

PokePockets New Member

Hello Pokegym, here is my first BR Report for the Spring BR's. This was a very good tournament, and we had 55 players at this tournament. For those of you who don't know, i am in the Seniors Division. So... here is my report

The deck i played was what i called "The Burning Swarm" I have a thread in the deck fourm if you want to look at it, but i changed it around a bit before the tournament.

We played 4 rounds with a top cut of 4

Ok...here we go.

Round 1 vs. Heath D. (Yes, TOM made me play my little brother first round) T2 Scizor
    This match was very good. He cessed me to death at first, but then i started to beat him down slowly and fend him off. In the end, he set up one turn too late, and i got the win.

1-0

Round 2 vs. Sean S. (Tyranitar/Darkrai/Weavile}
    Ok, so this round definetly worked to my advantage. I had a great set up going, T2 Leafeon Lv.X, Espeon, Umbreon, and Moltres. In the end, i just kind of swept the floor with him, hitting him with 100 constantly. I won.

2-0

Round 3 vs. Nathan C. (T2 Beedrill)
    This game was also quite close. He pulled out a couple of Beedrills, but i was able to fend them off, until he played like 3 freaking Night Maintenence. He pulled it off in the end, but l took 4 prizes. I Lose

2-1

Round 4. vs. Brandon J. (Banette)
    This match was pretty close. He only took 4 prizes, and he kept pulling out he Banette's, but i ended up hitting him with Moltres and Leafeon Lv.X. Victory to me!

3-1

So, i go into the top cut seeded 2nd.

Top 4 vs. Kyle K. (Hurricane)

Game 1:He sets up like crazy with his smeargles, keeping the cylcones coming, i kind of make a comeback, but i had pretty much no hope...He wins game 1

Game 2:This game was a bit better. I ended up taking 4 Prizes when he took 1. But sadly, he finally got his Gatrs out and... made a freaking comeback. He wins game 2...

3-2

So i finish the tournament in 3rd, which was ok. Overall this was a test period for my Burning Swarm deck, and it worked out well

Props:
    Burning Swarm Running Consistantly

Slops:
    Andrew (MoP) not making top cut (can't remember his Swiss Record)
    Caelson making one gameplay error and getting beat in T4 Masters
    Justin (HurricaneWarty) going 1-4 in swiss

That's all i got guys, Peace.

Last edited: May 26, 2008
  2. empoleonperson

empoleonperson Active Member

Did the hurricane guy win? but gj using a rougue which i except to see more play lol.

3. master of puppets

master of puppets New Member

Good Job Ethan!

4. PokePockets

PokePockets New Member

Thanks guys. Sorry that you had to go 1-4 in Swiss Andrew =P

5. master of puppets

master of puppets New Member

3-2 with a deck I made in 5 minutes using all flips!
    LOL

6. PokePockets

PokePockets New Member

wait, you went 3-2? i thought you at least went 1-3... oh well