Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pokerus

First, thanks everybody for your feedback on my Colloseum question. Now, I've been thinking and I came up with an idea...

Firstly, does anybody know how long the pokerus lasts?

The reason I ask, is because if it lasts a day in the game. A nifty trick to making some incredibly strong pokemon is to NOT fix the time glitch in the game. Catch a low level pokemon that evolves into some powerhouse pokemon. Leave it a box with a pokerus infected pokemon so it catches the pokerus. Then throw the macho brace on the pokemon. Since, with the glitch, the day never ends... the pokerus would never heal/make you immune. Now, you can level it to 100, with pokerus and macho band boosting your stats every level.

Has anybody thought of this? If so, does it work (I still haven't been able to catch a pokemon with pokerus... that'll be what I work on doing next, as soon as I catch one more shiny pokemon)? Thanks for your time!

Pokerus and Macho Brace doesn't actually make the Pokemon stronger. All they do is double your Effort Value growth (and using both would have a x4 growth).

First of all, you don't get the Pokerus by catching an infected Pokemon. It's more like a random game event. Some people may never get it. It is usually spreads by battling via link cable.
Another misconception is that Pokerus spreads to other Pokemon when kept in a box. It only spreads to the Pokemon in your party. If the infected Pokemon is left out of the box it usually expires within 1-3 days. You can easily avoid having the Pokerus expire by placing the infected Pokemon in one of your boxes. This way, you can have Pokemon with the Pokerus for a very long time if you only take one specific Pokemon out of the box to infect 5 others that you are carrying with you at the time. The other Pokemon usually have the Pokerus within a few battles. It seems to take longer for high level Pokemon and Legendaries, but they will catch it all without fail. After that you can place the newly infected Pokemon back in the box.
If you are hatching eggs while carrying a Pokemon with Pokerus in your party, the newly hatched Pokemon will have the Pokerus at birth.

Okay... but there's still the question about whether or not pokerus goes away if the berry glitch (time stopping) has been activated (and not fixed). Does anybody know the answer to this?

I only think it goes away if your Pokemon is in your party when it hits 12 midnight and since the clock would have stopped.... In theory it shouldn't go away after you get the time fix.

Btw, you get it by either catching a Wild Pokemon that has it and I think you can also get it byb just battling them. Its not a rare as a shiny Pokemon, but still pretty rare.

how do u tell if ur pokemon has the pokerus? do they like explode or something? lol

seriously, does some little bar pop up saying hes sick or something? and how does this boost stats. Oh and how does mach brace boost stats, doesnt it lower speed or something?

You can tell if you have Pokerus 1 of 2 ways.

If one is in our party then when you speak to the Nurse or whoever in the Pokemon Center she will tell you about it or if you look in your Pokemon's profile under where the level and such is it will say: Status pkrs.

Also if a Pokemon has had the Pokerus and has been "cured" there will be a . before their level in the Pokemon's profile.

A Pokemon is cured of the Pokerus if the game time hits 12 midnight and the Pokemon is in your party. (Having it in the box or daycare will keep its Pokerus)

Well, my team caught it after a caught I Absol at night. It lasts a few days and goes away. Unless the pokemon are in a box or day care

Last edited:
The one thing I didnt see anyone else mention, so I will point out, is that a Pokemon that once had the Pokerus and is now cured still gets the x2 to its EV training.... so needing to keep the 'rus on it forever is just pointless.... but if you really want too, simply put it in your box every time you turn the game off, and pull it out when you go to bed... if your game clock is at almost 12 midnight, then place it in the box til after... not that hard...

does the pokerus boost ur stats like crazy, or just a bit? i think it would be a little too weird if ur guys who had it became powerhouses all of a sudden

it doesnt 'boost' stats. It doubles all Effort Points you gain through battling. for instance, Shuppet is worth 1 Attack Effort Point. If you where wearing the Macho Brace or had Pokerus you would double it, and if you had both, it is x4. Just remember you are only allowed 510 EV points total, so use them wisely.

Spectreon said:
it doesnt 'boost' stats. It doubles all Effort Points you gain through battling. for instance, Shuppet is worth 1 Attack Effort Point. If you where wearing the Macho Brace or had Pokerus you would double it, and if you had both, it is x4. Just remember you are only allowed 510 EV points total, so use them wisely.

I have no idea what that means... what are ev points? how does using macho brace effect them... its on my kingdra right now... :/

Well, depending on what you battle against, they give you points towards certain stats... 1-3 points each. The Brace and Rus multiply these points by 2.

If you are looking for higher perticular stats try these battling tips....

first off, like I mentioned you can only put 510 points total.
second, each individual stat is capped at 255 points, but maxes at 252 making the last 3 points useless. So 252 points in a single stat if you want it maxed

each vitamin give 10 points to that stat (maxiumum 100 points this way per stat)

for specific stats try these....

HP- Surf over ponds for marrill, they give 2 points each (Macho+ Rus equals 8 points!!!). I usually do it by Maullvile, right next to day care

AT- Saphire has it easier, go fight nothing but Shuppet in the graveyard place (the name escapes me). or Ruby and Saph players can fish for Carvana/Sharpdo who give off 1/2 respectively. The area you fish for feebas is excellent, 100% Carvana encounter rate (except those 6 squares Feebas show up in)

DF- Unfortunately the best place is underwater and fighting Clampearl's. They give 1 point each.

Speed- There is a cave that you follow the sub that Magma/Aqua took. It is full of Zubat and Golbat only. 1 and 2 Points respectively

Sp AT- In the ashes, wild Spindas. 1 Point each

Sp DF- Again I think Saph has it better.... here I recomomend the area by Lannettes house, below lava ridge. 3 of 4 Pokemon give Sp DF. Lotad and Swablu give 1, Lombre gives 2 points.

For Kingdra, I recomend fighting in New Mauville, Voltorbs/Electrode give 1/2 points to speed, and Magnemite/Magneton give 1/2 points to Sp AT.

There is a lady next to the energy guru who gives a ribbon once your Pokemon has max 510 Effort points, so you know when you are maxed, then you can battle whatever to lvl up, or Rare Candy with no down side!!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

... its spinda killing time :D

i just have to ko about 150 of them

oh is there a way i can tell whe nive reached 255 ev points?

Last edited:
the only way is to keep track.... you can only know when you have all 510 from Guru's wife/ g/f. To make it easier, catch the Rus, put the Brace on it, and give it 10 Calciums (the one for Sp AT if that is wrong...)... if you do all of that, you need to kill only 38 Spindas

Spectreon said:
the only way is to keep track.... you can only know when you have all 510 from Guru's wife/ g/f. To make it easier, catch the Rus, put the Brace on it, and give it 10 Calciums (the one for Sp AT if that is wrong...)... if you do all of that, you need to kill only 38 Spindas

well i could get a perfect killing machine kingdra, but im happy with how he is now. his stats arnt godly but they are good. but for now on, any pkmn i raise is going to be raised right :)

Back