Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

POP 9 packs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

luca

I was just wondering when we'll see the 1st pop 9 packs since it's been a while getting pop8 packs at league. Maybe after States?

Last edited by a moderator:
I expect that the release date is going to be 3/9/2009 which is the 5th league season starts and that has been what has happened in the past.

Drew

Porygon Z Lv X is more likely. Alt Art exists of it, and there seems to be no other outlet for it...

I'm hoping for another reprint of Roseanne's or something equally useful.

on the official german pokemon site they stated that POP9 is allowed on their natioanls (may 09) so it should be released until then.

actually, they are gonna reprint bebe's in the next set(supposedly).

ideal list:
R 1 - Dusknoir SF
R 2 - Amphy PT
R 3 - Manetric PT
R 4 - Snorlax LV.X DPt
U 7 - Rosie's
U 8 - Rare Candy
U 9 - POV
U 10 - Night Matinencne
U 11 - Felicity's
U 12 - Flaffy PT
C 13 - Crobat G
C 14 - Honchkrow G
C 15 - Poketurn
C 16 - Energy Gain

actually, they are gonna reprint bebe's in the next set(supposedly).

ideal list:
R 1 - Dusknoir SF
R 2 - Amphy PT
R 3 - Manetric PT
R 4 - Snorlax LV.X DPt
U 7 - Rosie's
U 8 - Rare Candy
U 9 - POV
U 10 - Night Matinencne
U 11 - Felicity's
U 12 - Flaffy PT
C 13 - Crobat G
C 14 - Honchkrow G
C 15 - Poketurn
C 16 - Energy Gain

It is going to be 17 cards and I highly doubt that is the list or anything close.

Drew

I would *love* to see that structure. But I just don't think it'll happen. POP8 and POP5 have been the best POP sets thus far. What have we gotten in them?

POP5: Mew Delta Fire, Double Rainbow, Candy. Boost, and Delta Rainbow. Outside of that, basically junk (though Espy and Umby IMO were underrated)

POP8: Night Maingenance, Candy, Rosey, Darkness, and Metal. None of the Pokemon are anything to write home about (though the Heatran is probably preferred in Fire decks).

I really doubt that there will be more than 5-7 "good" cards in POP9, but I have been proven wrong before...

I would *love* to see that structure. But I just don't think it'll happen. POP8 and POP5 have been the best POP sets thus far. What have we gotten in them?

POP5: Mew Delta Fire, Double Rainbow, Candy. Boost, and Delta Rainbow. Outside of that, basically junk (though Espy and Umby IMO were underrated)

POP8: Night Maingenance, Candy, Rosey, Darkness, and Metal. None of the Pokemon are anything to write home about (though the Heatran is probably preferred in Fire decks).

I really doubt that there will be more than 5-7 "good" cards in POP9, but I have been proven wrong before...

POP5 was the best set hands down. You had a chance to pull a card that was worth about 30$ if you pulled either Espeon* or Umbreon* and it had a few cards that were legitimately playable including Mew d which made R-Gon so much better. I am not sure that it is in even the same league as POP8.

Drew

POP5 was the best set hands down. You had a chance to pull a card that was worth about 30$ if you pulled either Espeon* or Umbreon* and it had a few cards that were legitimately playable including Mew d which made R-Gon so much better. I am not sure that it is in even the same league as POP8.

Drew

Flip it around, and you've got it. Still, did any of the other POP sets come close to the awesomeness of POP8? I'd like to see the rest of the POP sets get similar treatments. Not only for myself, but for the kids at League who really have no other way of getting some of the high level cards. Even midlevel cards would be better than POP6 stuff...

Flip it around, and you've got it. Still, did any of the other POP sets come close to the awesomeness of POP8? I'd like to see the rest of the POP sets get similar treatments. Not only for myself, but for the kids at League who really have no other way of getting some of the high level cards. Even midlevel cards would be better than POP6 stuff...

I'm sorry, I just can't agree with you on that.

Drew

Here is what I would like the POP9 list to be
1. Rhyperior (If we get a rotation, then we can't use Rhyperior Lv. X
2. Rhydon (see above)
3. Rhyhorn (see above)
4. Roseanne's Research (I'd be cool to indefinatly not have to worry about losing this staple)
5. Glaceon Lv.X (I'd love to see what they can do for the artwork of this card)
6. Ampharos SW (Tech for Amphy decks)
7. Empoleon DP (My favorite Empoleon card ever)
8. Porygon-Z (the Promo one)
9. Gliscor (the Promo one)
10. Snorlax Lv.X

I hope that they make LvX's for pop packs like they had the * pokemon before. also trainers/supporters/stadiums like Cynthias, POV, Wager, Speed stadium, Moonlight Stadium etc. would be nice to get in a pop pack.

i own a league i cant wait till i earn my packs!!!!!

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

9. Gliscor (the Promo one)

witch one is that

Last edited:
POP 9 should come out between States and Regionals, that is when the spring Pop set usually comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back