Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Popular counters to attack lock?

jigglejuice

I am playing a cobalion + vilaplume deck wedensday at cities. For exact deck specs you can look in the deck help forum. Lets say i get a fully powered cobalion and vilaplume set up. what are your strategies to beat me? I am interested in the opponent's mindset just as much as my own!

I'm gonna give you something easy to KO, and then OHKO you with Zone. Or manually retreat, since i'm using eel/zone, and I get the energy back.

The one hit KO attacker. That is going to be a tough one for me to deal with while I'm trainer locked. I guess the best I can hope for if I encounter magnazone is to get an eviolite and couple special metals attached to require 4 energies to be discarded for the KO. In that sense I could have a decent amount of time for the set up of another attacker. Cobalion can't do anything to survive a blue flare so if I see that monster coming I have to get a Beartic going.

Same way any deck would deal with a Goth/Reun deck or a RossDeck. Go for OHKOs, outspeed, or find ways to disrupt by dragging up your Reuniclus/Vileplume with something like SludgeDrag(Muk UD) or Carnivine/Bellsprout's first attack.

If I'm playing Durant, I'd just keep milling.

If I'm playing Chandelure, I'd just drop 6 damage counters a turn and not worry about attacking.

If I'm playing Machamp, I can just Fighting Tag to break that lock.

If I'm playing Politoed(lol) then I can Leap Frog out of the lock.

Or just leave something with Cheap retreat active to do some damage, then retreat to something that has the OHKO.

Back