Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Possible Delta Deck for Cities

Status
Not open for further replies.

PunkMonkey

Well, I have my first Cities this coming Saturday, and am trying to put together a semi-decent and fast deck. So here is what I kind of have been looking at...

Pokemon (20)
4 Exeggutor d
4 Exeggcute d
2 Togetic d
2 Togepi d
2 Cloyster d
2 Shellder d
2 Fearow d
2 Spearow

Trainers (?)
? Tools
? Supporters
? Stadiums
? Regular Trainers

Energy (4 + ?)
4 Holon's Castform
4 Delta Rainbow
? Holon FF
? Fighting
? Others

Strategy:
Well, I wanted this deck to setup rather quickly. So I chose to make sure to use, at the highest evolution, Stage 1's. Every Pokemon in this deck is delta (except the Spearow and Holon's Castform). Because of that, Fearow d's Body gets put to good use to get out my other Pokemon as needed. Also, Cloyster d provides bench protection. Exeggutor d is the main attacker, capable of possibly dishing out a T2 70 damage for two colorless energy (provided I have a full bench of deltas). With an extra energy attached, he can snipe whatever he needs to, most likely benched Pokemon. Togetic d is the secondary/back-up attacker, capable of using any of my opponent's delta Pokemon's attack with only an energy requirement of 2. He also has free retreat, which is a useful thing if my active gets knocked out. Just send up the Togetic d, start my turn to see what I draw, then do what I need to.

Suggestions:
As you can see, I have no trainers listed because I do not know whether I should take the Holon route and use Holon Trainers, or if I should stick with regular Supporters/Trainers...
I also left my energy slots open as well...I think the Holon FF energy could be useful to eliminate resistances to my Exeggutor d.
Please post any suggestions to the Trainers and Energy that you may have.
I would like to if at all possible keep the Pokemon the same. Unless of course someone has a suggestion for an alternate main attacking Stage 1 Pokemon that is Delta. But of course, any and all suggestions are welcome.

Thanks! :)

Well, I could see using Holon Researcher to pull out a delta Pokemon, But Celio's has the same effect, without discarding too. And Holon Adventurer would let me draw 4 instead of 3, granted I discarded a delta Pokemon, when Mary's Request will let me draw 3 without the discard either.

Last edited:
Well, the mainstay of the Holon engine is the Transceivers, which basically let you get what you need when you need it. If you want to be surer of having the card you need, then run 4 Transceivers and a Holon engine. If you don't mind, then play non-Holon trainers and forget the discard. :)

I see your point about using Transceivers to recover/search for any Holon Supporter you need. I am just always worried about my deck getting too thin too fast from all the discarding. At least with some of the regular supporters, cards can get shuffled back into my deck.

I'm still sort of in the dark about energies to use. I suppose I will use the castforms, delta rainbows, holon ff, and fighting...

Those energies sound pretty good :)

If you're really that worried about decking yourself, you want Farmers. >D

Yeah, Farmers often come in handy when you need some more bulk to your deck. What about if I added two or three Chimecho d to my deck, then use the Holon Engine? That way, I can keep a Chimecho d protected on my bench via Cloyster d, and most likely just discard a delta rainbow or basic energy when using a Holon supporter, and then suck it right back up.

I think that's a nice idea if you're worried about that ^^;; I think two Chimecho d would be enough though, you can only use one supporter each turn after all :)

Any recommendation regarding stadiums? Perhaps Holon Lake and/or Holon Ruins. Holon Legacy would just shut my powers down. Holon Circle I don't see as being helpful, since this deck is supposed to fast and not slow (which could require stalling). Holon Research Tower would only help if I needed to use a Chimecho d to attack. Any suggestions for non-Holon stadiums?

PunkMonkey said:
Well, I could see using Holon Researcher to pull out a delta Pokemon, But Celio's has the same effect, without discarding too. And Holon Adventurer would let me draw 4 instead of 3, granted I discarded a delta Pokemon, when Mary's Request will let me draw 3 withoug the discard either.

Holon Transceiver grabs Researcher. That makes it much better because
Celio can't be grabbed. Also Mary's is a Straight Draw 3 with no Drawbacks.
Adventurer is like a -1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back