Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Post-rotation BDIF discussion

Hi guys, I would like to start discussing here about post-rotation field and BDIF.

What do you think that will be BDIF and what metagame do you expect and why ?

THX a lot 4 all answers, feel free & discuss !

1) Luxchomp
2) Sabelock
3) Other decent sp builds
4) Gengar
5) Machamp
6) AMUpluff with Vileplume tech (could be better/worse?)

Buddy and I just played the matchup. Our gyarados list usually had 3 magikarp in discard pile turn 1 with Gyarados out. And it's easy to get rid of their Luxray. Once they play it, Reversal it out, and kill it. Garchomp cant do enough to kill gyarados easily.

I really dont understand discussion about Item Finder ... It will be again reprinted, or its some kinda joke ?

BTW Vileplume will stop playing all trainers, so SP deck have many death cards and Gdos cant play its Rescues etc

You R not scared of this, if everyone says that BDIF will be deck that depends on playing Trainers ? What about it ?

I really dont understand discussion about Item Finder ... It will be again reprinted, or its some kinda joke ?

BTW Vileplume will stop playing all trainers, so SP deck have many death cards and Gdos cant play its Rescues etc

You R not scared of this, if everyone says that BDIF will be deck that depends on playing Trainers ? What about it ?

Gyarados plays combee to recover, and it can bright look vileplume up. I think it will be between Luxchomp and Sablelock.

ok um i have played trainer locking decks a lot. the thing is is that

1 it takes time to set up

2 it really helps yourself whenever you get the chance play trainers ( rare candy luxury ball etc)

3 if your opponent sets up your screwed.

4 if your opponent plays blaziken fb or luxuray gl they can luring flame or bright look then start killing it

I still think that LuxChomp and Sablelock will be the BDIFs. LuxChomp has the potential to beat any deck through sniping and cheap prizes, and Sablelock can disrupt any deck to the point of where they can't set up. Other decks, like Gyarados, are powerful, but I don't think they are as consistent as LuxChomp or Sablelock.

I think people are over-looking the new Leafeon and a couple of other cards that can be quite nice in the right circumstances. I also think KGL will have a chance just for its potential at extreme deck destruction.

The problem with KGL is even with some sort of energy acceleration, it'll be a couple of turns before you attack with it. By then your opponent will have pulled their important cards out of their deck. It still hurts to lose 5 cards, but a lot of decks can take 1 or 2 of those, and that's all you're likely to get off before it dies.

Leafeon looks good as a theorymon, but I'm waiting to see how it actually plays before I make any bets. Same with Scizor Prime, Vileplume, and pretty much any deck involving cards that haven't been released yet.

The problem with KGL is even with some sort of energy acceleration, it'll be a couple of turns before you attack with it. By then your opponent will have pulled their important cards out of their deck. It still hurts to lose 5 cards, but a lot of decks can take 1 or 2 of those, and that's all you're likely to get off before it dies.

Leafeon looks good as a theorymon, but I'm waiting to see how it actually plays before I make any bets. Same with Scizor Prime, Vileplume, and pretty much any deck involving cards that haven't been released yet.

Then what's even the point of supposing the rotation's BDIF? Obviously, as far as we know, it's the BDIF now that doesn't lose cards. So Sablelock/LuxChomp depending on your viewpoint.

Disruption is the only way to go this format. Problem is, it's nearly impossible to disrupt your opponent effectively with the best card for it being Judge, and not also hurt yourself. Sablelock of course can recover itself, making it the strongest candidate for BDIF. As stated though, it'll take BRs to really show us where the game is headed.

Disruption is heavy, but I think counter disruption will do pretty well too. There are plenty of ways to increase consistency after being disrupted, and I'm sure some decks will capitalize on that.

I know nobody is going to believe me on this, but even with Vileplume in UD, I think Great Ball and Dual Ball will become vital to combat disruption. If your opponent plays judge, that gives you another 8 chances to pull Uxie.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I don't think I am.

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN. WE ARE PULLING OUT OF THE STATION! CHOO-CHOO!

Seriously, at least wait until the dust settles from Worlds/we get an official English setlist.

Back