Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Potential Poison Power?

Mewtral

Preperation:
Seviper - Psychic - HP90
Basic Pokemon
[C] Store Poison: This Pokemon is now Poisoned.
[P][C] Poison Effect: 20 damage. If this Pokemon is Poisoned, this attack does an additional 60 damage. Afterwards, this Pokemon’s Poison condition is removed.
Weakness: Psychic (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2

A deck of this seviper, Toxicroak G, and Skuntank G could lead to a potential power house material.

Reason's:
Seviper can inflict 80 damage for 2 energy (without E-belt). Note that it's a basic. Also, when versing a pokemon that can't be affected by special conditions, it shouldn't slow this seviper down since it's for self poison.
I'm sure we are all familiar with the Toxicroak and Skuntank combo, but for those who aren't, here are some reasons:
They are also both basic. Use the wonderful SP accessibilities. Skuntank offers easy poison option when you have a stadium. Toxicroak has a built in unown G, (which we all should know how useful it is. *cough*machamp*cough*)

Since you need 1-2 energy to perform any of these attacks, energy shouldn't be a problem. Let's not forget that Pokemon Collector grabs all 3. Also, since these pokemon have 80-90HP they would be hard to turn1 donk.

I'm sure if this was given a mewtwo counter tech and (it's gonna be suggested anyways) Crobat G, you got a high class deck.

Last edited:
Two energy attachments to do 80 off of a Pokemon with low HP? If it was :psychic: or :colorless::colorless:, that would have been something, but...

This reminds me of Arbok GE, which used to combo with Weezing GE. I don't feel like anyone played it much, but that could be because the format wasn't right for it.

Fun league deck, most likely. As pointed out, its a basic - not a rather frail one surprisingly, but it cannot KO the SP's (They most likely won't KO him either, but they need less energy on average).

Sablelock always has a hand of:
1 Sableye
1 Special Dark
3 Crobats (Required to donk 80 HP Pokes)
3 other cards

...yeah, doubtful.

I like it.
Kayle: 90 HP.. Belt and snowpoint.. I now have 130 HP.
When it's gonna get ko'd, warp and Hunter it.

As much as I do like Skuntank G.. you would have to poison yourself.. I would suggest something along the lines of Roserade UL.. Poison and Sleep. 80, they're still asleep.
You can easily Lucian's the Energy to someone else or SSU/Hunter your Roserade back up.
I would probably end up playing both though.. but that's just me.

EDIT: If you want to go with the Skuntank G route.. use Dawn Stadium.

@Hatter:

I have thought about the Roserade UL, and Mismagius UL, after all the seviper allows for much much room in the deck.

I assume you weren't around for the MightyTank fad. That didn't go over well, either.

That's also a stg1, and I believe Dialga G lvX was popular at the time also. I'm suprised it hasn't been seen to much since the format update.

If you factor an expert belt and poison, 110dmg for 2 energy.

Just 100. Unless you have some way of poisoning their Pokemon which Seviper doesn't by that translation. Besides, we'll already have a 150 HP stage 1 that hits for 130 for 1.

As much as I do like Skuntank G.. you would have to poison yourself..

Isn't that the point though with this card? Have Seviper poisoned, do the extra 60 damage and then remove the condition? This way you would never take any damage from poison.

Last edited:
Back