Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Power Spray at Washington cities

moose101

Well, I'm gonna write a report because I have nothing else to do and I'm bored.

My dad, two other B.C. players (Khen L. and Karl A.), and I meet up at around 6:00 and we go to America!! Luckily, the border line was only 10 minutes and we sped through it. After a 2-3 hour drive, we made it to the venue. We were really early so we went to Subway right across from the venue. Got breakfast and ate :smile:. Then we got our decks and started to play. At about 10mins to 11, my dad and I went to DJs sportcards (a.k.a. the venue). They were open this time and we were able to preregister. Apparently, registration starts at 12 now instead of 11 :rolleyes:. Then Bidier arrived with 3 other B.C. players (Seb T, Charlie Q, and Jack ((I don't know how to spell his name:frown:)). Evantually, people started to arrive. Terry came and started to set up, Robert M. (another B.C. player) arrived, and some good players in Seniors arrived such as Ian W. and Liam W. Later, at 12 registration started and decklists were handed in. Liam failed on his decklist because he put 2 extra cards in his deck :tongue:. Then Robert and I played some games and Liam taught him how to win every single game! It's called using a supporter then N so that they shuffle their deck and get the game loss. Then the rosters went up and we checked if we were on it. There were 17 Seniors!:biggrin:. This meant a top 4 cut. Evantually, after 10 or so minutes, the pairings went up.
I am playing Kyurem like a BOSS!

ROUND 1 v.s. Put name here (Stage 1s)
Top Table!!! Unfortunately, no chairs:frown:.
I go first and I have a really good start and get a T3 Kyurem, Kingdra, Feraligatr. I start Spreading and Slowly KO their Cincinnos and Zoroarks. I can also one hit Donphan for game with Kingdra. There wasn't really anything that he could do.
1-0
Good start to the day! Liam also won, as well as Robert, however Ian lost to his worst matchup.
I go outside and watch Karl's game which he wins. Jack and my dad also won but I'm not sure about everyone else.

Pairings go up and...

ROUND 2 v.s. I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT I FORGOT HIS NAME! (Bacon oil, Yanmega)
Chairs! YAY!!
I go second with a not so great hand. My starter was a lone Totodile. He has Bacon oil active and Yanma on the bench. He attaches and passes. I top half of SEL, moncom for the other half and play it down with a DCE. Then I PONT and get some basics. He uses CRUSHING HAMMER on the DCE on my SEL and gets HEADS. Then he CATCHERS up SEL and does 20. I use switch into Horsea and attach another DCE to SEL. His turn, he does 20 to horsea. I attach to SEL, PONT, get 4 energies and Feraligatr with Croconaw on bench so I Evolve and Splash snipe his bench Yanmega. He does 40 and Then I attach Rainbow, Rain dance a water, and KO his active Bacon oil FTW.
2-0
Good chances! Liam wins, Robert loses?, Ian wins, Karl wins, Jack wins, my dad loses to Durant.
Wait around for a while and pairings go upp...

ROUND 3 v.s. Dmitri (I remembered:biggrin: but I'm bad at spelling :frown:) (D&D)
Floor bleh.
Random prizes take FOREVER!! I hate sitting on the floor. During this though, I saw him start to look at his prizes and I'm just like :confused:. I ask him what are you doing and he says apparently that he mixed his basics with his prizes and I'm still like :confused:. I call over the judge and he says to just have him reshuffle.
Finally the random prizes are over and we can start playing. I have a really good start and proceed to set up Kyurem and Feraligatr and a Kingdra. However, I don't get any energies so I am stuck Ehking. After 3 Ehks I get some energies and start spread splashing. He attaches Rainbow energies to his Zekroms trying to make it so that he can one hit me with it but he doesn't count Spray Splashes so I am able to KO 2 Zekroms and a Donphan in one turn with Glaciate and all he has left is a Donphan which KOs me so I send out Cleffa and play SEL with rainbow and 2 water energies for the win.
3-0
In top cut! YAY! Not sure how everyone else was doing but Liam was the only other 3-0 and Karl and Jack also were 3-0.
After a while pairings go up but we don't even have to check.

ROUND 4 v.s. Liam (ZPST w/ Eeleckterick)
Once again, we have the honour of playing standing up.
I go second! He dosen't have the DONK (thank you Totodile for not being weak to lightning.). He does stuff and passes. I collect fo some basics and set up. At about turn 3, I get Kyurem attacking and KO 1 cleffa. Evantually, I get a triple KO on 2 Eelecktericks and a Tornadus leaving me with 1 prize. He KOs my Kyurem and I bring up Cleffa. I play SEL down with a rainbow and 2 water then retreat and accidently use torrent blade because I didn't know that I could hit the bench only he then proceeds to take his last prize with outrage.
3-1
At least I know that I can beat it. Karl and Jack are 4-0 at this point.

After a long wait, Standings are done and we hand in our decks.
Top 4 was like this
1. Liam W.
2. Joey G.
3. My round 2 opponent
4. Demitrius

I get to play Bacon oil!:thumb:

We have 15 mins so Robert and I walk around and go to DJs where we get 1,000,000 dollar bills which Robert thinks has Sarah Palin on it even though they are guys. And we show off our money.

Later, Top 4 starts

Top 4 v.s. Round 2 opponent (Bacon oil Yanmega)
I find out that this is my 2nd round opponent . He arrived late because apparently he didn't think he made cut even though he handed in his deck.
While we were shuffling, Robert threw his MUDKIPZ at Liam and I. I threw it back but he gave it back to me. Then we got set up but couldn't start because Demitrius was taking forever to shuffle and got a trillion mulligans. Almost had to do a judge ball when he finally got one. In our game I go second. He doesn't have a good start and I evantually get SEL and wreck.
One weird thing was that he used switch on his active Yanma with no energy on it.
1-0

In game 2, I tell him that he can choose who goes first because he lost and of course he chooses himself. Once again he doesn't have a great start, Cobalion being his only attacker with 2 energy on it (no special metal:smile:) and he catchers my Kyurem and hits for 40. I have DCE in hand but I save it to do more damage and I just pass. He doesn't get anything and hits for another 40. I just pass, hoping he doesn't get the energy and he doesn't. He does another 40 and I DCE outrage for Game.
GG
2-0

I congratulate him on doing so well on his 2nd tournament and wait for Liam and Demitrius to finish. I hang with Robert and BC crew then finally after 30 mins, they finish!

Liam won that one. Looks like MUDKIPZ were lucky, unfortunately, Robert had to leave and took back his MUDKIPZ.

Now top 2

TOP 2 v.s. Liam (ZPST w/ Eeleckterick)
Now this was probably the most closest game of the day, probably of the entire time I've been playing! This match was so exciting that it should be on the News. Heres what happened. I draw, go second, flip over cards, get Donked but I Power Spray his Celebration wind and Scoop then flip the table.
0-1 Bleh. DONKs.

Next game, I go first and Ehk and stuff. He T1s my only Totodile in play. I set up but he kills my dile once more then he gets it thrice and I end up losing.
0-2
GGs and POWER SPRAY!

Then we play pack wars which I lose in and then wait for the masters. The Top 2 was Karl and Jack which Karl scooped to since they were friends and both lived in Canada and don't want to be held up at the border.
In my packs I get a Full art N, 2 more N's, Landorus, Super rod, etc.
Then we went back home!:smile:
The End

Now time for PROPS and SLOPS

Props:biggrin:
winners for winning:biggrin:
2nd:biggrin:
Random prizes:biggrin:
Terry and Mike:biggrin:
Robert:biggrin:
Bidier and Crew:biggrin:
Karl and Khen:biggrin:
DJs for free pinball games and 1,000,000 dollar bills:biggrin:
Subway:biggrin:
Power Spray:biggrin::biggrin:
Jack P, Cor V, Kevin G and Ricky for Power spraying and stuff like Bacon oil. :biggrin:
Jerry for helping me choose the deck:biggrin:
All other people who I forgot cuz I'm tired:biggrin:
And Roberts MUDKIPZ :biggrin:

SLOPS:mad:
Liam cuz he asked:mad:
Donks:mad:
Playing on floor:mad:
Playing with chair only once:mad:
Long drive:mad:

Last edited:
Robert- YAY! I mentioned your MUDKIPZ (P.S. I like your avatar!)

r3skyline- ZPST w/ Eeleckterick but there were a lot of random decks.

Rock hard Power Spray beats Power sprayer and just for backup, Power spray AND Power Sprayer!!
Only by 4 though, so, not for long!

Back