Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Prayers Have been Answered...

Tank68

in the State of Missouri today! A 13 yr old boy went missing on Monday after getting off of his school bus. No word as to what happened or anything.
Oct 2002 another 11 yr old boy was kidnapped from his home area riding his bike. No real lead to his where a bouts over the years.
Last night, a warrant was out for a resident in Kirkwood, Mo at an Apartment Complex. As they arrive in the complex, a near by resident was focusing on a vechile which might have been that of the same one which was seen Monday in the area where Ben was kidnapped from. Police envolve FBI to look into this vechile before they make a move on the other Warrant so no one was alarmed. As the investagation went on, the vechile they had right in front of them was the vechile that had been seen in Bens kidnapping. They get enough info on the vechile in question, contact the owners resident, & raid the place. Once they made entry into the Apartment, not only did they find the recent Ben who had been missing from Monday, they found another missing boy Shawn from 2002! It has just been AWESOME seeing the recovery of not 1 but 2 missing boys, 1 being from over 4 years ago! They both walked into the Police Station on their own! It has been totally AWESOME to see the recovery of the 2 boys both at 1 time. Both still really much alive!
Just thought I would share & say that PRAYERS really are answered! Even if it takes a while!

~Melissa~

Neither of the families have made an appearance on the news just yet. The families have finally been reunited with the boys & as too where they are now, Im not sure. I just know that they all finally made it to the boys as 1 set of parents were a bit farther away then the other family. I tell you what, as a mom, watching this just brings tears to my eyes & goose bumps all over my body. This is just what ever parent hopes for is a safe recover!
The parents of Shawn, (missing the longest) NEVER EVER gave up & always felt that he was still alive & that they would be reunited with Shawn one day. Well here is their day!
TOTALLY AWESOME!

Were not sure. They havent released any info since it will be an ongoing investigation. All they have said & shown is the boys & they are fine. They looked to be fine, Im sure the one is very distressed. As time goes by, we shall see. I will keep yall updated as more info comes in. It did make National news, as Ive seen the headlines on MSN.COM If you want to check it out!
~Melissa~

I don't want to sound like a party pooper because this is a great story but, with the 2002 kid. You would think that considering that he was in an apartment that he would of escaped, there were people around him, all he had to do is say something. Seriously something is fishy about the 2002 kid, it kind of reminds me of the kidnapping of the girl in California(I Think) got kidnapped from her bedroom, she was missing for a month or so and they seen her walking with the kinappers and she said nothing, she just kept walking as if she didn't care. So I am really wondering if the "2002" kid actually is happy that he was rescued.

I don't want to sound like a party pooper because this is a great story but, with the 2002 kid. You would think that considering that he was in an apartment that he would of escaped, there were people around him, all he had to do is say something. Seriously something is fishy about the 2002 kid, it kind of reminds me of the kidnapping of the girl in California(I Think) got kidnapped from her bedroom, she was missing for a month or so and they seen her walking with the kinappers and she said nothing, she just kept walking as if she didn't care. So I am really wondering if the "2002" kid actually is happy that he was rescued.

Even though this is a touchy story and it's a good thing they found them but Come
on. Didn't the '02 Kid have the brains to escape? Like Jeez....

It's very common for kidnappers to strike fear into and/or essentially brainwash their captives to the point where they stay with them even when presented with an opportunity to escape. Look at the Elisabeth Smart and Stephen Staynor cases for just this type of thing...

For another example, look at how many abused spouses stay with their partners...they've just been beaten down mentally and physically to the point where they have no self-esteem left and figure they have the life they 'deserve'.

Don't judge the kid please; you've no idea what he's been through. It's very easy to say "I'd do 'whatever'" when in that kind of situation, and quite another thing entirely when trapped in it...

I'm glad this has a happy ending; I have an 11 y/o AND an almost 16 y/o myself. I can't even imagine the horror of losing a child in that way...or the mixed joy and sadness of having the child you remember as an 11 y/o return to you at 15, with all the growth and changes you've 'missed'...

'mom

Yes Shawn had MANY of chances to high tale it. I was reading some stories last night & looking at the pictures his new best friends' mother had given to the media & honestly, you would have never know what Shawn was going through. He seemed to be very happy & there was never anything fishy about the father/son relationship they had. Just last week I think it was someone mentioned that they were seen out in the Complex forier pitching a tent. So there was nothing strange about it. I even read that Shawn living in 1 part of town, was allowed to go on the other side of town to stay the night with others. So this man must have put the fear of god into him over time. Letting him go to places like this wasnt outta the norm for Shawn.
But.....yes, there is still much more unfolding every minute in this case. The talk around town is that Shawn has never once been seen on camera physically hugging his family. He leans his head into them, byt never pulls his hands out of his Jacket pockets. SO that makes you wonder, did he really want to be back home, or is he having trouble coming out of that roll he played for so long that Michael was his only family? Its got to be very hard for him! Very! And yes, Shawn did drop off hints along the way online. But no one really checked into it therefore making Shawn believe it was a dead end for him to keep trying & possably get cought by Michael.
So as time goes on, more info will be unvealed & we wont have to wonder or speculate what exactly happened. Im just glad in both cases, both boys were found ALIVE! Im sure its safe to say they werent unharmed becase they were, Im sure of it. This is something that the 2 of them will have to remember for the rest of their lives. So they were harmed in a sence, lets just pray that they will 1 day sooner rather than later they can find peace within & will be able to resume a Healthy life!
And remember, the "NORMAL" kid living next door to you, might not be so normal! Having 4 kids of my own, I will wonder even harder now & pay more attention to details because you HONSTLY just never know!
Have a great yall!
~Melissa~

I just hope that the people who will eventually try to "help" these boys psychologically don't wind up doing more harm than good.

seriously I hope the press talks the heck out of Shawn, this kid's "story" is fishy, I have heard that there are video tapes of him running around and playing at other friends houses and outside riding backs, supposdly it is roaming around on the internet but I can't find it but when I do I will give you the link. I seriously think that no matter if the "kidnapper" lay the godly fear into Shawn, I feel Shawn did not want to get rescued. I think that he didn't like his parents and this was a sort of "running away" tactic. He wanted people to look for him but not find him. I don't care if they striked the fear upon you but if you have the chance to escape then I am taking that chance, even if he said he was going to kill your family, the reason I would is because once the cops find out that guy will be on the run and he will never be back. Heck this is gonna sound kind of bad but if I was Shawn and I wanted to escape, I would (if I cook supper) then I would so totally poison the guys food in order to kill him, IMO that is a sort of self defense if you cannot escape. But seriously Shawn did not want to get rescued so thats that.

Stockholm Syndrome, I think.
yes thats the disease(well not disease but you know what I mean)
If that disease did have a cause to Shawn not wanting out then I retract the previous statement. Isn't the Stockholm Syndrome famous for some lady with a last name of herse or something like that, she got in trouble though to because of the syndrome. Elizabeth Smart had the same thing. There was also something to do with a bank robbery and the hostages started to feel comfy witht the captor. They like defended the person and one of them I beleive had a relationship with the robber later on in life.

I would agree with the earlier comment made - we do not have the full details of the case. Any speculation about Shawn is just that - speculation

Back