Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

premier event overview up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats cool and all, but when are we gonna know the important stuff, like how many invites are given out premier rating wise, if all invites come with trips,

Looks like all regionals on the same day, and only 2 dates for States, interesting to say the least.

This season looks WAY worse than last season.

Last season people have 4 state oppurtunities, 2 regional oppurtunities. This year those are cut in half.

cool Pokémon-themed items

I want to win some of these. They sound, well, very COOl :cool:

You go to a tournament and say to the TO, "What are da prizes?"

They Respond, "Boostas 'n kool stuff..."

That would be weird. I think it is funny how op just says cool Pokemon-themed items. :lol:

It is strange how Nationnals are only worth 44 and states, a MUCH smaller tourney, are worth 32 =/

This season looks WAY worse than last season.

Last season people have 4 state oppurtunities, 2 regional oppurtunities. This year those are cut in half.

Look at the other side. Why should some groups of people get many more chances to win points vs. other areas based solely upon location/travel ability. We are trying to find the best players....not just the most traveled!

Keith

I like it, it gives a fairer chance especially for States and regionals. People who live in a high concentration of states have an easier time then people who live only close to 1 state/regional tourney. I expect this to be a good season.

Oh, stop whining.

Will everyone who still plans on playing after the release of this information raise their hand? **raises hand**

What done is done. Don't like it? Let PUI know. But don't keep complaining about it.

If anything, this was a step in the right direction. This takes some importance off of being able to travel to the most events.

There is one difference though. If you don't end up doing well at the 1 or 2 tournaments you can attend, you might as well not keep trying to raise your rating. And everyone has that chance too, so there might be a better chance for those who haven't won every tournament they have played in to make the top 8. I've always been into trying harder each year so none of this bothers me. I go to see my friends and have fun. This doesn't change that one bit.

^^ you better bring 4 victory medals and 4 er2s cause you always flip heads when its your birthday.

on a more contructive note ;) . i do like the fact that i can save gas money by not having to road trip to kalamazoo and uzbekistan just to keep up with everybody. in terms of ratings.

On the 3rd side Ryan...I wont get to see some of my friends until regionals or even Nats....That SUCKS. I can see both sides of the issue and understand where PUI is coming from. Lets see how the invites shuffle out, do a season this way and see where we stand at the end of the season. We will also have 3 different ways of giving invites out in 3 yrs....PUI will have alot of feedback to review and use that to tweak (or completely overhaul) the system for the next year.

BTW Prime....I would raise my hand for playing (If I get the chance :biggrin:) I'm not going away.

Keith

If they limit States and Regionals so much they should probably limit Cities too. BRs not so much s the K-value is so little that it won't make a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back