Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Premier Rating Needed for World Invite

PokeCAMom

I'm fairly new parent to the Pokemon world, and I am alittle confused as to what premier rating a player would need to likely receive an invite to Worlds. My child is a player in California. From what I've been reading, the top 4 players at Nationals will receive a paid invite to Worlds. The other way, I believe, is for my child to be in the top 40 in North America based on his ranking after Nationals. Most of the top will be invites only and not necessarily paid.

I thought I also remembered reading in older threads that, for my child, having a ranking of about 1850 after Nationals would likely guarantee an invite. I know one can get into Worlds through the last minute qualifiers the day before Worlds.

I know it's not a simple explanation, but if anyone who can help confirm/clarify/correct the above information, I would very much appreciate it. If anyone knows the answer for the ranking needed for an invite, that would be great too! My child will be playing in Nationals this year.

Thank you!!!

:smile:

We don't know what the ranking cutoff will be until it actually happens. I'll give the T40 North America cutoff for the last couple years in each age group, and that should give a good idea of what the cutoff should be this year...

Masters:
2009: 1836.34
2008: 1837.33

Seniors:
2009: 1820.08
2008: 1817.08

Juniors:
2009: 1811.14
2008: 1817.13

I'd expect this year's cutoff to be slightly higher than in past years, as players are a little bit more aggressive about getting the points and Nationals should be a much longer tournament than it's been in the past. In general, though, if you somehow manage an 1850 in the Sr or Jr, you're probably getting an Invite to Worlds.

Oh yeah, you're kinda half-right. T4 at Nationals will get a paid trip and invite. T8 will get an invite without the trip. And the invites do not pass down this year like they've done in past years. It's straight T40. If you make T16 at US Nationals, you're also probably getting a Worlds invite simply because you've gained a ton of points off Nationals alone.

What you said is correct - you will not be payed if you have a ranking invite. An 1850 as your ranking can probably insure you the invite if your child is in Juniors or Seniors. It should put them around the Top 20. Right now, the 40th place ranking for Juniors is 1771.05 and for Seniors is 1791.76. 1850 after Nationals guarantees an invite.

Good luck!

Back