Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Prices once sets get retired

DLoza737

Hey new here,

I've been hearing lately that in a month or so certain sets are getting retired from the competitive scene. I heard that the only cards legal will be from B&W sets. Well I was curious if prices of cards from sets that are retired get a price drop or do they stay the same?

The reason I'm asking is because I'm looking at buying or trading for some Lv. X's and Primes mostly for collecting and I'm curious if I can get them for a cheaper price in a month or so when they are retired. I've recently gotten back into collecting so I haven't had a chance to notice.

Lv X's have been rotated out for a while now, so they are only going to get older and in turn more valuable. As for primes, they seem to be at an all time low. I can't really see them getting much cheaper either, they are going for like $2-3 each. Probably a good time to buy if you're looking to collect them.

Depending how many you purchase, for primes, some people go as low as $1.50!

I know I am trying to fill a binder with these sparkly cards, they look great, make it seem like you have amazing cards :lol: and in a few years, I'll probably be able to get $5 per.

Lv X's have been rotated out for a while now, so they are only going to get older and in turn more valuable. As for primes, they seem to be at an all time low. I can't really see them getting much cheaper either, they are going for like $2-3 each. Probably a good time to buy if you're looking to collect them.

Oh I didn't realize they've been rotated out haha

I really want that Snorlax Lv. X (going for ~$15)!! Also, the prime I want is the Gengar, which seems to go for around $6.

Thanks for the feedback! I might just have for fork out the cash or find someone willing to trade.

---------- Post added 08/14/2012 at 12:24 PM ----------

Depending how many you purchase, for primes, some people go as low as $1.50!

I know I am trying to fill a binder with these sparkly cards, they look great, make it seem like you have amazing cards :lol: and in a few years, I'll probably be able to get $5 per.

Yeah the primes are nice looking cards. I got a random lot of them on troll and toad

Back