Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Prime Metal

Status
Not open for further replies.

YAGD

Hey guys I'm new to the game so any advice is appreciated. This is a mixture of Steelix and Scizor Prime.

Pokemon: 20
Steelix Prime 3-3
Scizor Prime 2-2
Blissey PL 2-2
Skarmony UD 3
Uxie LA 2
Unown Q 1

Energy: 12

Metal Energy (Special) 4
Metal Energy (Basic) 4
Double Colorless Energy 4

Trainers: 28
4 Sage's Training
3 Judge
3 Professor Oaks New Theory
3 Expert Belt
2 Bebe Search
2 Pokemon Collector
2 Pokemon Communicatons
2 Moo Moo Milk
1 Energy Exchanger
1 Luxury Ball
1 Palmers Contribution
1 Pokemon Circulator
1 Warp Point
1 Conductive Quarry
1 Life Herb

Strategy
The main goal of this deck is to get Steelix Prime on the feild and blast your opponent with Gaia Crush. Energy Stream has really good sincronization with Sage's Training as you just discard your metal energies and bring them back. Scizor Prime is used as a backup, and can be really helpful against metal pokemon /dark pokemon/ Pokemon that use DCE. Skarmony is your starter and used long enough to attach some metal energies to Onix. Blissy is your back support used to heal Steelix when in battle or other cards being targeted by Kingdra Primes effect. Judge seems to work well with this deck so I added it in. Unown Q is meant to attach to Skarmony for retreat.

Engineer's Adjustments is a great card for this deck, to be honest. You need to straighten out your trainer line, though. I'd go:

4 Pokemon Collector
4 Pokemon Communication
4 Engineer's Adjustments/Sage's Training
3/4 Professor Oak's New Theory
2 Bebe's Search
4 Energy Exchanger
2 Conductive Quarry
2 Broken Time-Space
2 Warp Point

Something along those lines. You need to strengthen some, and get rid of a few like Circulator, Life Herb, and Moo Moo Milk.

i was trying to build this same deck for my girlfriend.

I really have to recommend 4 Skarmorys, as this is going to be your best starter.

You're also going to want to run 4-4 steelix, because this is your main tank.

Engineer's adjustment is great advice, but i can't advise taking out the healing. It's just so annoying. That being said, you should run either 4 moo moo milk, or 4 life herb, but not a mix of both, and not any less. Other options for more healing are Poke Healer +, but they are a bit unreliable.

You need to run 4 Bebe's search, and take out some weird stuff like your 1 energy exchanger and and your 1 circulator. steelix shouldn't have any problem KOing suckas, so you don't need it; you'll never get it when you want it anyway.

You should probably also run 3 Collectors for consistency, and I just can't really recommend judge, but maybe it will work for you.

You're going to want to run 2 Switches, or 2 warp points; whichever one you choose, and you'll probably want a bonus warp energy in there as well. Interviewer's questions is a good idea to help you get energy.

An interesting idea in this deck would be to run SSU with Lucian's Assignment. Power up a Metal tank, wait until it gets heavily damaged, move the energy to another tank, and continue tanking.

Hmm, the original deck so far is running great, but I see a few rooms for improvment. Warp Point definitely needs an increase and circulator, energy exchanger and life herb aren't helping. I'd also like to increase the Chanseys/Blissy's without removing Scizor (works great against Ampharos/Darks/Steel decks) which im finding difficult. Skarmony isn't being very helpful TBH, but that may be my play style.

So I have this much room so far
Must remove: Exchanger, Life Herb (Change for moo-moo milk), Circulator (for warp point)

Can Remove: Palmers but beware of deckout. Conductive Quarry hasn't been particularly helpful either.

I'm thinking of adding a 1-1 Blissey line and a Lucan's assignment as well as the other changes listed. However, I can make those cards something else if there are better ideas.

The other ideas in this thread have been good, but can you think of where the space would come?

no its not.. hahah. thats what i thought when i first played it :p

its like the last sentence or second to last that says you cant

The important thing about running 2-2 blissey is not having them prize since you don't run azelf and you're guaranteed to have a nurse call ready

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back