Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

PrimeTool...!???!

Invader-ZIM

Ok, this may sound pretty darned stoopid, but how exactly does/is this deck supposed to work? I mean, do you basically just have a quickly set Primeape, and then just dump a whole lotta tools? Or, is there actually any more involved?

That, and what about the R. Wobb?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
You got it. :thumb: That is basically the gameplan. Just be careful what you discard (because you might need that card later) and careful not to deck yourself. Some backup would be good too since you will not always enough tools/TMs to take out your opponent and not to mention Primeape only has 70HP.

R Wobbs has an attack to get back tools (1 in hand or 3 into the deck) it's used to get tools back so you have enough to k.o. things. I personally don't like it and think it's not worth the space. Only time when you need it is late game and that's a free k.o. for your opponent. You should be running enough in your deck in the first place.

Last edited:
So, just a 4-4 line of the 'ape, then just a wholes lot of trainers, a few energy, and a back-up poke for those other games, right?

Just to be sure! 'Cause this might be a fun deck to make!

It's a difficult deck to build and make consistant. It can concievebly OHKO anything, especially Fighting weak stuff. It can also run four of stuff like shard and charm due to the attack.

I've never had any trouble with decking =/

Rocket's Wobbuffet is just terrible. SO you get one tool, whoopdeedoo. Don't play it and you'll be fine :p

lol penguiiiin :O

Ok, since I AM the living, breathing primetool, considering the fact that I made the deck, and even coined the name, I'm certain I can help ya! ;D
but anyways, a couple tips for playing this insane deck:

-You want 18-24 tools. My favorite number is about 21, and it does me wonders. 20 tools or less usually run dry, but 21-24 put the smack down on many decks, ttar/amphy included.

-Definitely go with fossils. Not only do you not have to waste attachment on dunsparce, but you have something to fall back on and stall with if you need more time.

-definitely play 4 atm rock, 4 crystal shard, 4 EXP all and 4 buffer piece before any other tools.

-This deck should be strictly draw/searching cards otherwise. All you'll ever need to win with this are 10-12 basic fighting energy. None of that DRE crud, 'cause it WILL put you back in the damage wars. Who actually wants to discard another tool to ohko pidgeot? I don't =(

Last edited:
Wow, thanks for all the help guys! *Special thanks to Patriarch!:thumb:*

Yeah, i was wondering if fossils would help, or not... I already wrote up a list last night, but it didn't include fossils, or the four of each of those four tools you suggested... hehe... But, i had something more like '4 Dunsparce, 2-2 TeCH line' instead of the Fossils... I dunno, i thought it could work. *shrugs*

But, i'm gonna try a deck out, pending all your suggestiongs, and yes, i too thought that R. Wobb kinda was teh suckage Penguin Master!! Well, i guess the last question i have for now, is do you think a Pokemon Retriever or two could work? I'm just asking because once they kill all of those Primape's, it's kinda gg... Or, how about Briney's...? Thanks again, for ANY help!

Last edited:
Well, your monkeys are getting OHKO'ed usually, so I'd say no brineys.

1-2 retriever could be, in fact, VERY useful!

Sorry Rulemaster, but I'm keeping my primetool list under wraps, 'cause I might just use it, or STITCH, for nats :thumb:

Last edited:
Patriarch said:
lol penguiiiin :O

Ok, since I AM the living, breathing primetool, considering the fact that I made the deck, and even coined the name, I'm certain I can help ya! ;D
but anyways, a couple tips for playing this insane deck:

-You want 18-24 tools. My favorite number is about 21, and it does me wonders. 20 tools or less usually run dry, but 21-24 put the smack down on many decks, ttar/amphy included.

-Definitely go with fossils. Not only do you not have to waste attachment on dunsparce, but you have something to fall back on and stall with if you need more time.

-definitely play 4 atm rock, 4 crystal shard, 4 EXP all and 4 buffer piece before any other tools.

-This deck should be strictly draw/searching cards otherwise. All you'll ever need to win with this are 10-12 basic fighting energy. None of that DRE crud, 'cause it WILL put you back in the damage wars. Who actually wants to discard another tool to ohko pidgeot? I don't =(
I played Primape right after I got four copies(about a week before it came out). I don't think you can claim to have made it. Of course I ran things like ATM Ice and Experience All. I used Raticate to bring back tools since Rocket's Wobbuffet and Pokemon Retriever didn't come out yet then.

Ohhhhh but I can...but I can. Ask Superwooper, or if you're really curious about how long i've been testing this deck, ask me over PM. It's a long story =D

Last edited:
Yay! More replies! lol

Again, i really appreciate the help, from all of you! Hmm... methinks i have enough of a slight base of knowledge to make mi own version for now...!

Back