Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Prof Elm's Training Method

Edderz

Please can someone confirm that Prof Elm's Training Method cannot be used to search for a Wobuffet if you have a Wynaut in play. I know that the card says 'Evolution' on it, but was wondering whether the card could be used in the same way that a Boost Energy can be used on the Wobuffet. Thanks for your time!

"Search your deck for an Evolution card, show it to your opponent, and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward."

Evolution cards state "Stage 1" or "Stage 2" on them so Prof. Elm's Training Method should not be able to get Wobbuffet (or Clefairy, Electabuzz, or the other Basics that come from Babies) because Wobbuffett is a Basic Pokémon card. Only when it is placed on top of Wynaut is it treated as a Stage 1.

I don't think you can use Wally either to fetch a Wobuffet. but this all hinges on the term 'evolves from' which as far as I remember is still somewhat unclear.

BJJ763 said:
"Search your deck for an Evolution card, show it to your opponent, and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward."

Evolution cards state "Stage 1" or "Stage 2" on them so Prof. Elm's Training Method should not be able to get Wobbuffet (or Clefairy, Electabuzz, or the other Basics that come from Babies) because Wobbuffett is a Basic Pokémon card. Only when it is placed on top of Wynaut is it treated as a Stage 1.

Correction to that last statement.
It is not treated as a "Stage 1" per se. It is treated as an "evolved" pokemon.
It's always a Basic in your hand or deck, though.

Back