Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Proof there will not be a mid-season rotation to HGSS-On

Status
Not open for further replies.

Setstage

The LOs, and LLs in my area have been talking about the new promo for the next season. Now I don't know if this information is supposed to be kept secret but they have been telling it to every one. Anyway if it is against the rules can someone just delete this thread and we will move on.

Broken Time Space PL will be a league promo in the next league season, while this doesn't guarantee sableye won't be rotated out, it does mean even if we get a mid season rotation it won't be past Platinum. People were expecting us to follow suit with Japan and go HGSS on but even if that happens next year it won't be mid season like Japan's was. We still might see MD LA SF rotated but that isn't guaranteed either and there may not be a rotation for BRs Nats or Worlds at all, but we will have to wait to figure that out.

Anyone else's opinion?

I'm pretty sure all of the promo's for the season are leaked on OP's main page at the beginning of the season. I knew Azelf was Charizard patch from day one. I highly doubt that this will be an issue since most of the cards in the promo set from last season also disappeared.

I'm pretty sure that we are not going to have a mid-season rotation, but the fact that they are giving us BTS ensures us that the format for the 2011-2012 Season will not be PL-On.

But the league page only showed the first five seasons. There are three more seasons in the league schedule which haven't been completely revealed yet.

^ Unless I'm mistaken, the next league schedules are Snivy season, Tepig season, and Oshawott season. I just got an e-mail with ordering information about a week ago regarding this.

I'm pretty sure that we are not going to have a mid-season rotation, but the fact that they are giving us BTS ensures us that the format for the 2011-2012 Season will not be PL-On.

I fail to see your logic on this.

How is that? BTS is in PL, after all...

We are getting BTS as the next league promo in May so that will give everyone the opportunity to play with it in BR,Nationals, and Worlds. And then it will be gone when the new 2011-2012 season starts. They did the same thing with Claydol and Roseannes. I know we got Uxie too and that stayed in but it was a viable decision to keep MD-On so non-sp decks could keep up with SP decks by letting us have Uxie.

^ The issue with that is that the previous season also had a bunch of SP cards in general. Dialga G, anyone? I'm not saying that I disagree because I don't want to see a PT-on format, but there were still a ton of cards still in format, whether you deem them useful or not.

That is true and they also gave us Palkia G lv x and Dialga G lv x in a Box for 15 dollars which was a sign that Platinum was gone next season bc they want everyone to have good stuff before they cycled it all out. At least this is the logic I'm using to help me sleep at night lol

If you are part of a local league go to your league leader and ask them if they have ordered the material for next month and they should tell you that the two promo cards are Snivy and BTS. That should be enough prove for you. I ordered my stuff this past monday and that's what it told me I would be receiving.

like the info on nats on pokemon.com saying it will be MD-on

Even that isn't proof. It just states what the format is now. If P!P is waiting for a certain date to make an announcement of a rotation, they certainly wouldn't show their hand on their website before said date.

Long story short- there is no public proof one way or the other as of right now.

Should there be a rotation that eliminates the PL set from the format, would that mean the BTS promo will remain tournament legal afterwards, or will it go away with the PL set?

---------- Post added 04/15/2011 at 02:57 PM ----------

I know I could've worded that better. It's late. Bleh

Should there be a rotation that eliminates the PL set from the format, would that mean the BTS promo will remain tournament legal afterwards, or will it go away with the PL set?

---------- Post added 04/15/2011 at 02:57 PM ----------

I know I could've worded that better. It's late. Bleh

No. If it's printed with the PL symbol and PL rotates, so does it.

I don't think they're stupid enough to leave Platinum in rotation.

Too many good players would be infuriated into quitting.

I think that it is proof enough that there at least won't be a midseason rotation past PL, not saying the regular rotation won't be past PL but IF (big if) there is a mid season rotation I think it is safe to assume that at the most it will be to PL, although there probably won't be one at all and there will just be a huge donkfest at nats.

I don't think they're stupid enough to leave Platinum in rotation.

Too many good players would be infuriated into quitting.

I am not saying that that would happen for THE NORMAL ROTATION, but that it MIGHT for a POSSIBLE midseason rotation. I know it is confusing concept but it is evidence of that at least.

At this point, I'm fairly certain we are getting SF-on as a midseason rotation.

There isn't a way to prove this, but after hearing this and after playing the Trainer Challenge, which has SF cards and HGSS-on card (nothing inbetween, though, which to me is them "hinting" SF-on to us), I really expect SF-on.

SF-on isn't the best, but it's not the worse, either. Sabldonk won't work without Uxie, so that isn't a problem. Sadly, in an SF-on format though, I can only see SP-variants, Vilegar, and maybe Arceus being any good. Everything else can't compete without Uxie.

^If you think about it, you notice that mid-season is already long gone. Late-season rotation if anything, and i doubt that.

BTS promo woudl be nice, but that isn't proof. Did we have any proof about the format of 2008 BEFORE rotation was announced? No. Rotation was a surprise, Holon engine was cut and all that. Until they announce that there won't be a late-season rotation, there isn't any credible proof. Good idea Kayle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back