Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

PTCGO: "Chat is currently unavailable."

Sorry if this is classified as some sort of bug.

Has anyone else gotten this instead of the chat box? I've had this ever since the second time I opened the PTCGO client. The first time, the chat worked properly, and is never has since then. This is limited to my account, as my brother and my friend's chats are working fine on any computer I use my account. I'm not sure if this is a consequence of something previously done (I was suspended for a day for soliciting (I pointed out in chat that T&T had cheap code cards multiple times)) or just an error, so I figured I'd ask if anyone else is having this situation.

If you are under 13, or have not changed your settings on Pokemon.com to allow chatting, that could be the issue.

I am 16 and have changed my settings.

As of the update, I am still left without a chat box and I still have no idea why. Time to file another support ticket. :/

EDIT: According to this thread on the PTCGO forums, it has to with the fact that I have a space in my display name. I submitted a ticket asking for them to remove the space, and I'll update you on my situation after that.

Last edited:
I am 16 and have changed my settings.

As of the update, I am still left without a chat box and I still have no idea why. Time to file another support ticket. :/

EDIT: According to this thread on the PTCGO forums, it has to with the fact that I have a space in my display name. I submitted a ticket asking for them to remove the space, and I'll update you on my situation after that.

I'm having the same problem. I think it's the space in my name. Did they fix it yet?

This is an issue that affects players with a space in their Screen Name. We've got a fix scheduled for the February game update. If you don't want to wait until then, you can file a support ticket and request to have the space in your Screen Name replaced with an underscore, or deleted entirely (M Liesik would become either M_Liesik or MLiesik).

Back