Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

PTCGO still down for maintenance?

Mullei

Haven't heard anyone else talk about this, is the PTCGO still down? maintenance was duo to end 5 hours ago with no word of it being delayed? Waited all day to play. Or is it a problem with my client?

When they released the version we are playing on the game was down for 24+ hours. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see it til tomorrow. It probably has something to do with code redemptions for Plasma Storm.

Oh wow, 34+ hours. I at least want the moving energy from a benched Pokemon with a tool glitch fixed after all this!

i predict +12 hours mainentance.the first one was scheduled shop mainentance,now it's scheduled game mainentance so it should be longer than the shop mainentance.

mainentance extended for +2 hours
new times:
01/30/2013, 12:01AM PST - 02:00PM PST
08:01AM GMT - 10:00PM GMT

answers from profs on PTCGO:
Prof_Jaqq
Hello friends!

We sincerely apologize for the length of this maintenance. As we all know, when we're working our magic back here, exciting things can happen and we hope that you understand. Keep your chins up and the game will be back shortly!

Prof_Mathis

Though some of you may not like hearing it, I do need to stress that the game is still in beta and that outages like this are inevitable. We understand that you enjoy playing the game and that lengthy outages may be disruptive to your plans. We try to keep these outages as brief as necessary. However, the purpose of beta testing is to find and eliminate bugs, ranging from something as small as an incorrect rarity symbol on a card to something as major as an infrastructure issue. The simpler the fix, the shorter the maintenance window. The more complex, the longer.

That said; I think it's worth giving a bit of insight into the reason for the duration of this maintenance period.

We've noticed a varying amount of lag between the system that tracks code and booster credit redemptions and the game client's account balance indicator. This delay in updating the account balance indicator can lead a player to believe that their redeemed code cards are not properly granting booster credits. These transactions are still tracked in the system and evenually appear in the player's account balance indicator.

We've spent the last 24 hours trying to determine and eliminate the cause of the lag to reduce player confusion. The relationship between the two systems is complex and implementing fixes requires thorough testing to ensure that something else doesn't break as a result of the fix. The status updates we've been receiving indicate that the team believes they're close to resolving the issue. Once the fix is in place and fully tested, the game will come out of maintenance. If an issue arises during testing, maintenance will be extended while to address those issues.

Thanks for you patience.

Last edited:
more mainentance!!!
maintance extended for +4 hours
01/30/2013, 12:01AM PST - 06:00PM PST
08:01AM GMT - 02:00AM GMT

I'd prefer if they'd just be straight with us and say something along the lines of "it'll be ready when it's ready" rather than constantly delaying it every time the new deadline arrives.

I'd prefer if they'd just be straight with us and say something along the lines of "it'll be ready when it's ready" rather than constantly delaying it every time the new deadline arrives.

Yeah, I get my hopes up around an hour before the expected time only to have it be pushed back by another 4 hours.

Who remembers the release of the new Beta? Man, that was bad. I think it was suppose to launch on a Monday and the maintenance time got pushed back every hour before launch for another 5 hours until Wednesday.

Yeah, I get my hopes up around an hour before the expected time only to have it be pushed back by another 4 hours.

But at least you keep coming back, and have an idea when.

Putting up a sign that says "offline for maintenance" with no estimated time is much more off-putting. With that, people would be instead posting "I'd prefer it if they at least gave us a clue of when they'd be done!"

A small consolation: there isn't anything new to test with regards to competitive play. We're all exhausted of the format through BCX (considering the Cities and latest Regional tournament), and the PLS cards aren't available in PTCGO yet. Good time to take a breather.

Back