Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

PTCGO Unplayable, Help Needed

LibertyFigter

Hey there,

I have had an issue with the official Mac version of PTCGO ever since it was released- I can't see cards in certain boxes. This includes when searching my deck in-game (I see a big black box where I should see the cards in my deck). Same goes for my discard pile. Furthermore, when opening packs I can't see the contents (I can right click on the black space and see a zoomed-in version of the card, as in the other situations), and when building a deck I can see the cards in the bottom section (in my collection) but not when I drag them into the deck's contents.

Essentially, not being able to view my deck, discard pile, opened packs, or decks I'm constructing makes this program largely unusable for me.

I sent a support ticket a while back, and after a bit of back and forth, I was told that, despite meeting or exceeding all minimum requirements, the support team had no help for me, and just wished me luck.

So:
MacBook, OS X 10.6.8
2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

If anyone has fixed or has a similar problem, or has any other ideas, please help! Thanks.

PS. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, re-downloaded, restarted, etc etc. Just to dissuade those kinds of suggestions.

Last edited:
You might try to repair disk permissions using the disk utility, sounds like the application is unable to read some of compressed card images contained within the .app package.

How old is that computer? I've perhaps heard of people having graphics card incompatibility issues, but offhand yours looks recent enough to me.

You could try deleting any stored Preferences too. Go into your Library and delete stuff that begins with "unity".

In-game, you could also try changing the Settings to be full-screen or windowed. Maybe toggling that will fix something.

Thank you for the replies: I'll try some of your fixes when I get home!

I've already tried a lot of settings manipulation, and that's not helping.

And I meant GB... Haha. Absolutely not MB. And I don't much care about it running smoothly, just about it being moderately useable!

I've tried the above fixes, and while it runs a bit quicker now (thanks!) I am still having the visual issue. This will be my last plea for help/ideas, and then I'll just resign myself to waiting for a new version : (.

Back