Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pure insanity

Swampert

Am i wrong in thinking that nintendo wouldnt start a set in the usa with out intending to complete it. My point is the new black star promo set is coming together nicely but we have yet to see any new aditions past the target and ludicolo promo. I think its Outrageouse that some peopl in the UK are getting the new 3 promos (mudkip,torchic,treecko holo) and selling them on ebay for beyond reasonable cost. I would seriousely like something done about those people like informing nintendo or something. The guy is claiming that those promos will never come out in the USA. Why is it people lie. Grrr it angers me..... I seriousely pitty the fool that buys the item from him. How many of you have noticed the increase in UK monopoly sellers. Anyhow im waiting patiently for those promo's to be released in the USA. Im also going on strike and not buying from any UK sellers.

I wouldn't be too concerned if I were you. I'm sure Nintendo is fully intending on bringing the set up to speed. The only one I don't have is the #7 Treecko. But that's due to a great guy from over there. I'd say if you'd like to get them, get them, if not, no one twists your arm to deal with anyone on the internet. If I were them I'd ask for premium prices as well. You have no idea what it's like to not get any league promos. Be happy for what you do get, and trade for what you can't.

ROFL,

Ludicolo - Not Available in the UK
Target Promos - Not Available in the UK
Groudon and Kyogre Promos - Not available in the UK
Any Nintendo Power Promos in the future - Not available in the UK
Any Store Promos in the future - Not available in the UK
League Badges - Not available in the UK

Outrage that they are sold at inflated prices on eBay .. yeah we are mad!!

So you would rant about the inequality will you do the same for us too?

6 weeks between league kits, no VIP kits, No Playmats, No Banners, No Payments to PTOs - Want to swap all that for 2 promos??

ukpokemonpro said:
ROFL,

Ludicolo - Not Available in the UK
Target Promos - Not Available in the UK
Groudon and Kyogre Promos - Not available in the UK
Any Nintendo Power Promos in the future - Not available in the UK
Any Store Promos in the future - Not available in the UK
League Badges - Not available in the UK

Outrage that they are sold at inflated prices on eBay .. yeah we are mad!!

So you would rant about the inequality will you do the same for us too?

6 weeks between league kits, no VIP kits, No Playmats, No Banners, No Payments to PTOs - Want to swap all that for 2 promos??

Im not ranting about not having them im ranting about how people lie to make thier sales look tasty. You too will get all the promos in the UK just jive it time. Like i said NINTENDO wouldnt start a set they wouldnt intend to finish. Im just bothered that the guy is charging so much and not so intelligent peopl are actually bidding on it. I shouldnt say that i should say not so patient . Anyhow that still doesnt justify selling something and saying you wont be able to get it ever. That tricks people that arent so informed.

That's ebay. If it's rare and hard to get, it will be at a higher price.

At this point nobody knows if the UK Mudkip, Treeko, and Torchic will be here in North America, which is why many are rushing to grab the cards on such auctions.

If you can recall during Spring 2003, Master Professors had access to the Professor Elm Best Of Promo. Remember the amounts those auctions went up to? Look at the prices now. I walked away from GenCon Indy with around sixty. Personally, I'll wait till the promo is released locally before I spend a fortune.
-Phil

I would point out (the same as Ben ) that we in the UK have played catch up with the States for years and to be honest it is nice to have something of our own for once! Anyhow we are not all money mad as I have personally swapped quite a few of my Torchics and Mudkips for USA league promos ( oran berry,metal,multi etc ) And where are our badges in the UK? About 20 miles after the rainbow's end!!

You too will get all the promos in the UK just jive it time. Like i said NINTENDO wouldnt start a set they wouldnt intend to finish.

Experience over the last 5 years has taught us just the opposite, we have never had a complete set of promos released in the UK for League let alone all the NP promos that were released in the US.

Indeed for all of us who have wanted to collect a set of WotC English Laguage promos ebay and inflated prices has been our only choice. And trading, buying and begging for League support seems to produce better and swifter responses than waiting for PUI.

Indeed Prof. Dave has already stated that badges will NOT be coming to the UK, something we were told would not happen by the distributor at the beginning of this year, so we are trading and buying like mad to try and support our leagues...

Do I hate sales of cards on Ebay YES AND NO. It bugs me that many European Traders have full league kits months in advance of the watered down kits arriving in the UK. But it has enabled us to keep our leagues going, through buying as much pokemon related goodies as we can at the right price so that we can at least give something out :)

What that means in reality is that when the kits do arrive we have already seen and used the promos and we are constantly fighting to keep up. Like I say want to be in our shoes "jiving time" waiting for it to never come or in your shoes with just 2 promos a little harder to get that will get to you soon?

Experience has taught the US that it does indeed arrive in time, not something we have ever seen!

Last edited:
Obviously then Swampert, your beef is not with UK traders in general, it's with this specific ebay trader, and those he dupes into purchasing due to his predatory business practice. If that is the case, email him and complain, email those that bid and set them straight. Don't be surprised that their responce will not agree with yours. People want their promos, and will do whatever is necessary to get them. You know it and I know it. There are also those that "Have" and know it, and take advantage of it. You seemed to have painted the picture that all UK traders that have these promos are greedy, and take advantage of the fact. I hope that's not how you feel. If you think about it a little, why don't you send some league support that you have that's extra over to the UK to some of the league leaders over there? Maybe they'll be kind enough to send you one of their cards in return. But with the attitude that 'you'll get all these other promos when it's your turn, UK - ... in time, .... I just want Nintendo to give me those promos NOW!' chances are you won't get far.

procrastination_alley said:
Obviously then Swampert, your beef is not with UK traders in general, it's with this specific ebay trader, and those he dupes into purchasing due to his predatory business practice. If that is the case, email him and complain, email those that bid and set them straight. Don't be surprised that their responce will not agree with yours. People want their promos, and will do whatever is necessary to get them. You know it and I know it. There are also those that "Have" and know it, and take advantage of it. You seemed to have painted the picture that all UK traders that have these promos are greedy, and take advantage of the fact. I hope that's not how you feel. If you think about it a little, why don't you send some league support that you have that's extra over to the UK to some of the league leaders over there? Maybe they'll be kind enough to send you one of their cards in return. But with the attitude that 'you'll get all these other promos when it's your turn, UK - ... in time, .... I just want Nintendo to give me those promos NOW!' chances are you won't get far.

id be carefull about what i email to the high bidders, if you cause a retraction on a bid because of something like that then the seller has everyright in the world to sue you, especially if his statements are right. what was it that he said? they will never come to the us? is that what were argueing about? well i personly dont think they will come to the us, so i got some to help out my league players from the game (thank you again, your promos are comming soon!) THIS SELLER MIGHT BE RIGHT, THEY MIGHT NOT COME TO THE US. Also he might have insider info did you think of that?

my stepmother is a lawyer so i know what im talking about, im just tyring to help people here, if i were you i would not send statements to customers defering them from someones buissness just because you think its wrong, you can get sued big time for slander, and sued for alot more then how ever much this auction is going for, ive helped on cases like this, and it is REALLY easy for a prosacutor to win one of these.

just my .2$

I would once again like to thank all those who have donated and traded left over bits of league kit with us and for all the Target Promos.

We are arranging for 10 sets to be used as a prize giveaway in Pokemon World, a UK pokemon magazine and we will be augmenting them to make up our own version of a VIP package to promote the game :)

Without your help and support that would not be possible so thank you.

If anyone wants to trade or donate please PM me, whilst we still have them I am sending thank yous to all who help out. Your responses have been amazing and I am as ever a little choked at the help and support you guys and gals have given. Once again thank you :)

Perhaps you may have a point Godtrainer, but very few people from the UK would even consider suing someone in another country, unless the stakes are high enough, and they have lots of money to start with. Good thought though. My best guess is that the seller does not have "inside info", but is just assuming that is the case, or perhaps hoping he /she can get away with saying that is the case. That is the basis of why Swampert is so upset. I wouldn't be so sure that a suit can be won with the info that is at hand. A reasonable doubt exists that the statements he/she has made are true. He/She would have to go to extrordiary lengths to prove their statements, which would hardly be worth the price he/she would receive from the sale of the promos. Hey, I could be wrong, but that's my opinion. No offense is intended in this post.

Last edited:
Swampert said:
Im not ranting about not having them im ranting about how people lie to make thier sales look tasty. You too will get all the promos in the UK just jive it time.
Sorry, but we in Europe we will not see never a complete promo set.
My distributor told me that virtually every promo may be printed and distributed here, they only have to ask. BUT. Promos linked to promotions, such as the Target promos, or the Latios/latias (if not released in the Heroes DVD), can't be distributed outside of USA.
Is it fair?
Why can't we get the Target promos, which are brand new promos? Sure, we have the Starter holo promos, but they are always reprints from EX: R/S...

Marcello-Milord,

PM me your address and I will pass on some of the Target Promos we have been sent. After all we need to spread the wealth :)

look i dont think the intention of the this thread was to spark a fire. It was to simply state that certain sellers in the UK take advantage of players/buyers. The same can be said in the states. Im not denying that we have most of the cards in the USA nor am i denying that the UK has had a rough time getting them. But consider why its been so hard to get them. People on both sides want to capitolize on uninformed people. That truely bothers me. Where is the justice in that. Honestly I know we are going to recieve those promos in the USA as we always do. It just boggles me as to how low people can go. I am always more than willing to help out another pokemon player heck thats why i became a Prof.. I think thatit would be helpful to all of us if we were a little less impatient about getting things. We also should consider helping each other out and not hurting each other with gimicks and over priced items.

I'm sure the people selling that you are complaining about are not members of this board.
And, as someone else stated, no one is forcing anyone to pay those prices. I know I won't.

I can tell you worse.

Pokemonclubs overhere are not getting any leaguematerials, but you can buy them at store we never ever had 1 player or will never have the intention to start one.
The National Distributor is giving those leaguematerials to those stores and ignores the few players we have left.

Don't tell me to email POP of who ever about it, I did and they don't listen they only tell me WE WON'T LET OUR DISTRIBUTORS FAIL.

Don't know how to place that answer, but it's all we get.

Back