Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Q's about cincinno

Heartgold22

So, I have been lookin at cincinno as a fun deck to play, and really got frustrated when I was lookin for a partner for it. I have been pondering havin pichu as a baby in it but I absolutely hate babies(they are the bane of my existence). So, it would be nice if any one could give me a couple of options and a basic rundown of the strategy. Sorry if this seems noobish, as I am feelin like one right now :p thanks for any comments made.:thumb:
Posted with Mobile style...

Zoroark. Both abuse DCE, and Mr. Ark can clean up Dragons with a PP.

Swanna, decent Donkphan counter - Feather Dance, eat 40 to the face, Aqua Ring for KO and hide leaving you with 50 HP to repeat on the next Donkphan.

I put this together for teh lulz as my take on the S1 deck ^_-

I like Reshiram and Zekrom. Not really much on the way of counters, except Zekrom vs Yanmega, but they're perfect benchwarmers. High HP and Outrage can deter sniping. They both use double colorless to attack (or retreat w/o switch), and as basics don't require an extra turn or two to evolve. For me a good setup would be an active Cinccino, a benched Cinccino or two for when the first goes down, Zoroark to counter the dragons (like ShuckleLVX said), and 2-3 dragons to sit there and look pretty.

Also, either Bertic in Emerging Powers could be a good anti-Donphan strategy.

Rescue Energy works well in helping you keep your bench filled during prize exchange. Since your attacks are colorless, you can slide Cinccino in with just about anything. Ninetales for draw, Zoroark, Weavile, and Catcher for disruption, Vileplume for a chaep attacker with trainer lock. 100 for :colorless::colorless: is simply too good not to try and abuse in some way. The biggest thing to remember, though, is that you should expect it to be return KO'd the next turn, so have a plan for that and you will do fine.

If you play Pichu, you might want to try it with Jumpluff and see how that works for you. That way you dont auto lose to Donphans and can hit them for 100 instead of 80. The bad thing is they both depend on bench sizes to be effective so you'll need a way to keep both benches full. Also running 4 Junk Arms and PlusPowers help.

Yeah, I love Kingdra with this deck.

The added damage and the ability to setup ko's is so clutch.
Posted with Mobile style...

^ And have you ever even put it in a deck to test it? I mean really test it? With the Energy control and acceleration available, high HP, and attack boosters in the format a card that does a reliable 140 for :colorless::colorless::colorless: to the three most prevalent meta choices around and all without having to rely on evolving is nothing to look over at face value. I think you may have a bit of tunnel vision on this one.

Are you talking about the hydro pump fish? If you are then you are very mistaken.... It would take 3 turns to charge it up and then it would get knocked out the very next turn... how is that good?

^ And have you ever even put it in a deck to test it? I mean really test it? With the Energy control and acceleration available, high HP, and attack boosters in the format a card that does a reliable 140 for :colorless::colorless::colorless: to the three most prevalent meta choices around and all without having to rely on evolving is nothing to look over at face value. I think you may have a bit of tunnel vision on this one.

Assuming you're talking about the Hydro Pump one it technically does 140 for :water::water::water: and only against a fire type or Donphan. It only really fits into a Gatr deck and water isn't very popular right now - Gatr is less popular. I suppose it might see a little play after Kyurem but I'm doubtful. 100 isn't even that high HP anymore; Reshiram one-hits it back and you're trying to counter Reshiram with this card. Also I'd say Yanmega is a more prevalent meta choice than Donphan and arguably Reshiram. And you kind of have to rely on evolving a benched Feraligatr or I suppose Blastoise/Floatzel.

Back